Bridge up in Everett

IMG_20180212_114818706_HDR

The Harvard Coop (bookstore) in Harvard Square

IMG_20180212_135255950_HDR

Harvard Square - Cambridge, Massachusetts

IMG_20180212_135849289_HDR

Kennedy Memorial Park, Cambridge, MA

IMG_20180212_140643665_HDR

Sad that he had to be here.  And the memorial is defaced.  I suppose it was people wanting to remember him.  Eryka Badu made a video about it.  Pretended to fall down on the spot.  One reason I moved one county away.

1 hour ago, steve454 said:

And the memorial is defaced

The other side of the engraved stone face seen in the picture has a fountain and pool.

https://goo.gl/images/5om1Ap

The top side has unblemished engravings. They will probably touch it up a bit before the water gets turned on in the spring......

It's adjacent to and possibly part of the John F Kennedy School of Government  located tens of feet away at:

79 JFK Street, Cambridge, Mass.

The park probably has an existing trust fund for upkeep but it's winter now. The Memorial gets heavy skateboard trick rider use on the several steps leading to the engraved face seen in the picture and descending to the reflection pool on the opposite side.

https://www.hks.harvard.edu

aka: Harvard Kennedy School

'Harvard Square' is about three blocks away from the Memorial in the photo.

Edited by Bob Eisenman

well my next photo is another frustration :blink1:

i found out the bike shop

while they fixed the tube

they broke the tire.. :furious: 

the tire as like a little metal thing all the way around and the tire is ripped off at one point.. wich causes it to make a bulge sideways while inflated... 

tire seperated from metal thighy inside tire to make it round. so now it makes a bulge...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shad0z said:

well my next photo is another frustration :blink1:

the tire as like a little metal thing all the way around and the tire is ripped off at one point.. wich causes it to make a bulge sideways while inflated... 

tire seperated from metal thighy inside tire to make it round. so now it makes a bulge...

That's really too bad. Take this opportunity to learn how to work on the wheel yourself. Once you set your mind to it, changing the tire is not very difficult. Trusting our wheels to people who (apparently) don't know what they're doing is not good.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

I recently cleaned and opened my ACM (some small loose stuff in the shell, which turns out was a bit of broken off plastic thread due to the crashes on my snow ride) and figured, might as well try a winter/offroad tire while I'm at it. Here's how it looks. It's the standard Kenda thing in red.

Feels like riding on a rough surface a bit, and it's definitely louder. I wonder how much it iinfluences the range.

The rubber between the extrusions is thinner than on the standard tire, I hope that won't lead to easier punctures. Will see.

86123.jpg

Too bad I can't really ride because all week it's been around zero, icy rain/snow, wet, very unpleasant:efee8c29ce::furious:

86124.jpg

Very cool :thumbup:

Be careful - one theory is that @Rehab1's accident could have been caused by riding fast on his 'snow' tire.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Be careful - one theory is that @Rehab1's accident could have been caused by riding fast on his 'snow' tire.

I just found the cause of my accident a few hours ago. I AM SO PISSED! :furious: I'll post the video under Rehab's Accident shortly.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 2/17/2018 at 6:48 PM, Shad0z said:

Changing a tire is not rocket science, You should have done it yourself.  There are 1,256 youtube videos about it (not a real number). 

Have your father show the bike shop what they did, and see if you can get them to pay for a new tire.

11 minutes ago, Smoother said:

Changing a tire is not rocket science, You should have done it yourself.  There are 1,256 youtube videos about it (not a real number). 

Have your father show the bike shop what they did, and see if you can get them to pay for a new tire.

i got a new kenda ks16 tire from a freind and a tube! So i have replaced it all myself now i have a working driving tesla. And i will ask them for a refund... If they repair something but break something else... Atleast a partial refund. I mean its a bike shop with a pretty big place and equipment for repairing bikes.. So i dont know how they failed a tube repair :confused1:

but it works now. And my dissasembly is at 2 times within the fisr month! Damn.. I hoped to not fiddle too much with my 4 months of hard work and waiting time

but everything seems fine now. And i think the bike shop would have a fair bit of time trying to find a tire that fits my tesla :D 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Shad0z said:

And my dissasembly is at 2 times within the fisr month! Damn.. I hoped to not fiddle too much with my 4 months of hard work and waiting time

You bought a Gotway, that's just how things are with a Gotway:efee47c9c8: Even if not all your problems are Gotway related, somehow everyone opens theirs sooner or later. Must be a rule of the universe - buy a Gotway, you'll have to open it:efee8319ab:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

You bought a Gotway, that's just how things are with a Gotway:efee47c9c8: Even if not all your problems are Gotway related, somehow everyone opens theirs sooner or later. Must be a rule of the universe - buy a Gotway, you'll have to open it:efee8319ab:

i was prepared for opening it bot not 2 times in the first month :o but it was afterall the tire not the internals ;) 

Yep, it's annoying, but it's good you have it out of your system now and know how it works. For when the real problems start:efee8319ab:

Just kidding, once these "teething problems" are over, EUCs are very stable and low maintenance. You'll probably have no issues for the next 5000km (unless you crash).

22 minutes ago, Master Blaster said:

WOW — that’s one mean tricycle!!  Hope you put some speed down and passed him up :D

Of course I did :D See the video in the Video Thread

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1