The Photo Thread

SlowMo

5 hours ago, Stan Onymous said:

I will answer that with a maybe, no, a Yes definately yes if it covers the top. Any pics of it in action on a catwalk? Silicone huh? Lets see it...:rolleyes:

Here's a link to a video of the cover. I just hate to see it go to waste. It is free.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, kasenutty said:

Did you take your bumper foam off and put it back on while on your trip?

The foam came off the side used to replace the tire. The foam on the other side remains.It's comfortable to the rider and provides a more cushioned side to lean against some objects when parked without a stand. I find the grey battery covers to not be very durable. That's just my opinion.

Riding in NYC and along the Hudson river bike trail was generally not a problem (keep to the right) except for the last couple hundred feet on low battery when a bicycle rider said...'that's not a bicycle'.

The biggest problem while bus tripping is what to do with the EUC when not riding from place to place.

10 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Me and my new MTen3 :D

IMG_9546.jpg

IMG_9544.jpg

I honestly do not know how you go from riding the monster then hoppin on that tiny wheel, my MSUPER 1600 feel so small now since I got my monster, it suddenly became super nimble, that's why I ride all my wheels just about every week so I don't get used to one more than the other. waiting on the video :D

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Shabba said:

I honestly do not know how you go from riding the monster then hoppin on that tiny wheel, my MSUPER 1600 feel so small now since I got my monster, it suddenly became super nimble, that's why I ride all my wheels just about every week so I don't get used to one more than the other. waiting on the video :D

This Mten3 may be my new all time favorite wheel. You get use to it real quick, although I admit I'm afraid to get on my Monster now ;)

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Spontaneous, quick (= ended up being 48 km, you know how it is;)) afternoon/evening ride with my 1300Wh ACM. Crisscrossing without much plan, some forest, some fields, some city impressions. Nothing special, just a relaxing ride.

Thought you might enjoy.

--

I started by going into some forest nearby. Neat offroad riding, dead ends, mud holes (to be avoided, you can go through them, but god help you and your wheel if you fall - a fun game I've won every time for now:D), swampy black puddles (the entire surroundings used to be an ice age lake and then a wet area) from the recent rain next to the road, occasional horse riders, flowers and plants, all kind of stuff to see (and smell). Nice.

Here's some clearing at a dead end.

42614.jpg

Loving those pink flowers and colors.

42616.jpg

Forest.

42618.jpg

Church and mountain view along the way "back" towards the city. Gloomy weather but no rain. Not too cold, quite pleasant.

42617.jpg

42619.jpg

Some deer in an enclosure looked particularly dumbfoundedly at me passing on the wheel, so I took a photo. Deer really tend to be stupid.

42620.jpg

Soon I followed some bike paths along a river (called Mangfall, left) to this confluence with another, much bigger river (Inn, right).

42621.jpg

Looking back (southwards) towards the mountains over the Inn.

42622.jpg

The entire area is close to the city center (church spire behind the dam) and was touched up and developed (gentrification style housing along the water) for a garden exhibition a few years ago.

ACM looking good:wub:

42623.jpg

View from that platform you can see over the water in the previous picture.

42624.jpg

ACM, love locks (presumedly), rivers. You can see in the background the milky, sandy water of the bigger stream vs. the murky, blackish, earthy water coming in from the smaller one.

42631.jpg

Closer view. Please mind that this is the only photo with no wheel in it! ;)

42632.jpg

Other side of the dam, the garden exhibition park. It's fun to ride around these different paths (but I was too cowardly to try a jump from these elevated wooden walkways). And some nice plants to see.

42626.jpg

42625.jpg

The sculpture is also for kids to climb.

42627.jpg

Hmm... another sculpture. Well, it exists.

The best thing about this picture you have to imagine. See the two girls between those right two lamps? They are wearing traditional (mostly) Bavarian dresses. This is due to an Oktoberfest-like fair that's currently running (click). You can see such clothing (dresses and Ledehosen) everywhere in the city then (and only then). Also funny, some of those people are riding bikes and it's often clear, from how bowlegged they do it, that they only ride a bike this during those 2 weeks every year:D Not sure exactly what the thought process is - I guess, after a few beers, in doubt better to be caught riding a bike than driving a car?

42628.jpg

There's a third canal right next to the two rivers there (the guy in the background is wearing traditional clothing too, btw).

42629.jpg

One more view from that spot.

42630.jpg

The canal is used for kajak training. Kajaks are a thing here due to the two rivers and some local boat manufacturers. The numbered goals are a slalom course for the kajakers.

Also, some political information to be found;)

42633.jpg

Ducks. And some more new waterfront housing.

42634.jpg

On the way back towards home, along the river bike path. Some more political information!

42635.jpg

And more! You have to know that Bavaria is the Texas of Germany (big, southern, conservative state that everyone else rolls their eyes at a little bit), that's why this is funny.

42636.jpg

Further away, closer to home, more ducks. Sorry for the picture quality, it was getting dark fast now. This is one more canal, parallel to the river.

42639.jpg

Pedestrian bridge with people fishing. I also saw a beaver once in that canal.

42638.jpg

Small hydropower plant, why the canal is there in the first place.

42640.jpg

And some swans in the growing darkness.

42641.jpg

The route (if you care). Start at the pin, do the left circle clockwise, the southwest part is the forest. Then do the right circle counter-clockwise, the southern corner is where the field photos were made, then it goes up to the river confluence, returns the same way, and (after some bumming around) returns home.

42642.png

The end:)

You pedals on your ACM!... they didn't come black did they?

16 minutes ago, Shabba said:

You pedals on your ACM!... they didn't come black did they?

No, I put Techspec motorcycle tank protector on the underside so they can't get scratched (underside of pedal arms too). See here:

If you ignore the price, it's the best protection material there is. Basically indestructible.

Also, did you have to quote the entire thing?;)

Edited by meepmeepmayer

54 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

No, I put Techspec motorcycle tank protector on the underside so they can't get scratched (underside of pedal arms too). See here:

If you ignore the price, it's the best protection material there is. Basically indestructible.

Also, did you have to quote the entire thing?;)

Yea that's nice

18 minutes ago, steve454 said:

Looked it up on Wikipedia, never heard of it before.  Kind of depressing to read.  We have it here also.

Really? I thought everyone has heard of them by now. I think it's based in the States. I was surprised to see them in @meepmeepmayer's photo's. It must be spreading to other parts of the world now :(