The Photo Thread

SlowMo

1 hour ago, Pingouin said:

Hi guys, here are two pics, the new Gotway Tesla compared to the Gotway monster & the Rockwheel GT16, for size comparaison :)

Xv4L7a8.jpg

a0SRs7S.jpg

The wheeling dead?

And now I'm officially jealous that you have three of the five wheels I would like to have, while I have just one. :shock2:

(The five are GT16, Tesla, Monster, MTen3 and NB1 Z10)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Pingouin said:

@Rehab1 Haha nice montage !

@Scatcat Unfortunately it's not my Gotway Tesla, I only borrowed it from a friend, I really like it I'll probably do a review of it in comparaison to the ACM 84V & GT16. For now I really love it !

I would love to read a comparison with GT16.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Scatcat said:

I would love to read a comparison with GT16.

Me too. With the Tesla being a lighter wheel than the ACM I kind of thought of it as competing with the GT16. I really liked how the GT16 rode so I'd be interested in a comparison. I'm hoping that the Tesla has a firm response like the GT16.

• Upvote 1

On 11/1/2017 at 2:20 AM, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

In fact I can't wait to get my Tesla this Friday!  :w00t2:  

Did you really? I’ve seen that :w00t2: used when your kidding. If so congrats! It is a sexy wheel just like you wanted!:clap3::cheers:

• Like 2

At 3.9 stone it's a wee bit heavy.

The bigger wheel and wide tire absorb most of the imperfections that New England sidewalks and roads often present. 

With the Ninebot you can actually get the bot to move and glide on one foot during the mount while the other foot catches up. I can't say as yet that I can do much better than hop aboard the Monster and lean forward to move along.

The Monster can be nimble on its own terms once you get it moving.

I've stopped a few times (at intersections ) on my Ninebot in just a few feet. Swinging the Monster forward and beneath me to quickly brake the same way seems unlikely.

Car drivers at crosswalks sometimes want a snappy pedestrian/euc response in exchange for the button press which caused them to stop. Today two vehicles ran (4 lanes wide road doing about 40 mph) my 'walk sign' red light while I was half way across and at another crosswalk where I decided to walk the Monster (rather than mount and ride) a motorist swung around a stopped vehicle rather than stop for my hunched over posture with one hand holding the Monster at rush hour (fear of a California mount and roll?).

• Like 2

Hmmm should I wear shorts or long pants  a winter parka today.... decisions decisions... First I need to uncover my car...

364145_img3468.jpg

Yeah, I think test riding the GW Tesla isn't in the cards any time soon... :crying:

415596_img3469.jpg

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Hmmm should I wear shorts or long pants  a winter parka today.... decisions decisions... First I need to uncover my car...

364145_img3468.jpg

Yeah, I think test riding the GW Tesla isn't in the cards any time soon... :crying:

415596_img3469.jpg

You should move to Florida, you can ride your Tesla yr round till the wheels fall off :D

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, kasenutty said:

That's not what you were saying during the hurricanes, Shabba :D 

:roflmao:tru tru tru but hurricanes only last a day two days tops and you can evacuate, but that snow man I dunno how you guys do it, 60 is too cold for me 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Shabba said:

:roflmao:tru tru tru but hurricanes only last a day two days tops and you can evacuate, but that snow man I dunno how you guys do it, 60 is too cold for me 

You forgot the 2- and 4-legged gators.

Edited by litewave
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

This is what happens when you anger the Ninebot gods... :cry2:  I could have sworn it was 24°C just last week!

647795_img3472.png 396704_img3471.png

Oh well my Gotway Tesla has departed balmy Anchorage, Alaska on its way to icebergville... Monday end of day it is!  :w00t2:

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

This is what happens when you anger the Ninebot gods... :cry2:  I could have sworn it was 24°C just last week!

647795_img3472.png 396704_img3471.png

Oh well my Gotway Tesla has departed balmy Anchorage, Alaska on its way to icebergville... Monday end of day it is!  :w00t2:

Celsius always makes it seem worse. That's only ~8 degrees Fahrenheit which isn't too bad B)

I really do feel for you guys that live where it gets cold. I don't know what I'd do, but I suspect I'd be like you @Hunka Hunka Burning Love and not do a lot of winter riding. Here's hoping that Global Warming hits your area big time :cheers:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, KalSeth said:

LOL.  I know how you feel.v let's drive to Edmonton and cruise around West Ed after it closes ?

Sounds like a plan!  (Try to keep up :whistling:).  I wonder if that new BMX bike centre might be fun to ride around in if they allow one wheels.  It's a bit steep at $30 a day though...

About the weather, I wonder if maybe the Ninebot gods are actually trying to save me :efee96588e: from impending Gotway doom...  :blink:  oh well on the positive side I'm able to wait for other Tesla test riders to discover issues first thereby allowing me to work on those repairs during the winter while avoiding injury!

4 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Sounds like a plan!  (Try to keep up :whistling:).  I wonder if that new BMX bike centre might be fun to ride around in if they allow one wheels.  It's a bit steep at $30 a day though...

About the weather, I wonder if maybe the Ninebot gods are actually trying to save me :efee96588e: from impending Gotway doom...  :blink:  oh well on the positive side I'm able to wait for other Tesla test riders to discover issues first thereby allowing me to work on those repairs during the winter!

The Ninebot gods just sulk and play the role of jealous deities... :D 

Edited by Scatcat
  • Like 1