Inmotion V14 Adventure: a new trail wheel from Inmotion

techyiam

50 minutes ago, FarkyJ said:

well id depends on the weight....iam like 210 with gear probably for me the stiffer suspension will be good....but on the other hand adventure suspension looks really good and cool...probably good and easy to work on it..

Weight wise, both are close to 90 lbs. Most likely, it will be difficult to learn on for the average person. However, if you are gifted, or have some relevant background, maybe it would be OK.

Stiff suspension is good if you are learning, or you if are an aggressive rider who is not looking for a cushy ride.

Can't really say which one is significantly easier to service without having worked on both wheels.

However, as to the V14, you pay more, but you get more. Depending on how the V14 turns out, it could be good value too.

Edited by techyiam

2 hours ago, yoos said:

If you want to spend money wisely, I would suggest scouting the market for a well-priced used beginner or mid-range wheel.

I 100% agree with this, especially since @FarkyJ is ultimately looking for a heavy wheel. The bigger they are, the harder they fall. We also don’t yet know how well the Adventure will take a crash. 

You could even just get a used lightweight beater wheel first and keep it, assuming that it’s no so beat up that it’s unsafe. They’re great for learning techniques (mitigating wobbles, pendulum, riding backwards, clearing curbs and logs, etc.) before transitioning them to a 90lb wheel. 

Edited by stizl
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Title of Electric Dream's Video was misleading.

It should have said V14 initial impression, and tripod promotion. :) 

Exactly. Man I hate those soul selling crammed in advertisements.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Kick-ass intro sequence. Perhaps the nicest 30 seconds ever. Lame and way too long promo of some cheap af aliexpress tripod brought down the video. And is there missing music for the pack disassembly?

20 hours ago, techyiam said:

The Raptor controller is in a totally different league when it comes to waterproofing, packaging and layout, wire management, connectors quality, and etc.

In the first photo, it is similar to an 18 XL where they shove a controller board in a cavity at the top of the plastic shell.

Thank you, exactly. 
It is not even 1 board on Commander mini, it is like a bunch of boards connected with wires that are managed like in the first PC I have built with a bunch of components from different computers that were lying in dad's drawer :)
These boards are exposed to water and actually there is a hole in a motherboard's baseplate to drain the water out. 

• Like 1

On 9/10/2023 at 11:20 AM, Funky said:

Even if i had big shot inmotion wheel, where you can set settings till cows come home.. I would set one and forget. Wheel moves forwards - i'm happy.

General observation: no one can reliably predict the future. Corollary: No one can should say whether a book is good or not without having read it, since they are only guessing. :D

On 9/11/2023 at 9:15 AM, bpong said:

does anyone know the revised shipping date for the V14 ?  a toronto vendor previously stated a shipping date dec 2023 - jan 2024.  i checked their webpage today and its indicating a early shipping date of sept 12, 2023... has inmotion officially given a revised shipping date via social media or somewhere ?

Maybe the Hollywood writers' strike is affecting EUC shipping dates? It is affecting everything else, dang it! :roflmao:

• Haha 2

On 9/9/2023 at 6:57 AM, fbhb said:

Unfortunately, a 3amp charger will definitely be a bit of a let down, especially to those who incorrectly interpreted "16A maximum charging" to mean a much higher output charger would be included! No way would a 16A charger be included, but IMHO opinion, at the very least a 5A charger would have been easier for most people to accept!

I think my wheel (16x) has a 1.5 amp charger. I'm good with that. Often through winter here it gets below 10C through the night inside. I'd rather have a slow charge when it is that cold to avoid damage to the batteries. Sometimes I get caught short, and have to do a top up charge, but pretty rare.

Edited by Uras

On 9/14/2023 at 12:58 PM, Punxatawneyjoe said:

Hollywood still has those? I thought they did away with them 20 years ago and just keep repeating things from the past.

Seems like no big loss. At least maybe the children might get a reprieve.

I don't know... a few of my favorite series are on indefinite delay, since apparently even if the season is in the can, writers are still needed for promotional copy and last-second revision. Patience is not a virtue I am blessed with.:wub:

Also, I have no idea what type of entertainment you enjoy; but there have been some excellent, iconic and very entertaining films and series created in the past couple decades. You have to sift through a lot of dreck; but that's always been the case. 

I'm waiting for an EUC to make an appearance in a commercial film... :)

• Like 1

Here is an interesting viewpoint on Inmotion's swappable batteries. 

As for myself I would still buy new EUC with batteries. This way I will have 2 functioning wheels to choose every day instead of just one, but I suppose many people will still want to save money by buying new EUC without batteries and taking them from an older EUC.

It would be really cool if Inmotion starts selling their batteries, controllers and motors to other manufacturers and like in the bicycle or ebike world new smaller brands can emerge taking advantage of proven technology, creating their own vision of the best EUC, without having to make everything from scratch.

Edited by Ro.man
  • Upvote 3