Begode Extreme 2400wh: 134V, 16", Suspension, 77lb

14 hours ago, Panzer04 said:

For a 20% price difference I'd probably pick 50E. 50S is unambiguously better, but mostly makes a difference riding at low battery, high load with high speed (either going fast or uphill), since you lose more top speed with 50E than 50S. Probably only a few kph speed loss, but this matters if you continuously push the limits of the wheel. I wouldn't worry otherwise.

I did the same 😁. Thank you for commenting. 

26 minutes ago, EMA said:

stupid 3€ price ;)

You are the best, thanks so much. would have paid 10 times that much for your efforts.

Downloaded, the large pad just makes the build plate size...:efefc8626c:

Edited by Punxatawneyjoe
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, eucandoit said:

Hi EMA. Is it possible to find or create 3d files for something like below?

IMG_3103.jpeg

entire body lol ? 
go with the Grizzla is awesome 

• Like 1

Just ordered a 241 tire. Anyone have a video link showing tire removal? Also any spacers needed for the extra width of the 241? If so, where do they go?

25 minutes ago, taiguy said:

Just ordered a 241 tire. Anyone have a video link showing tire removal? Also any spacers needed for the extra width of the 241? If so, where do they go?

tire change is super easy, same process as other wheels since the master release.
241 need spacers on batteries for sure

• Like 1

Hi @EMA

Since you had a T4 and now have the Extreme you will be the best to answer. 

1 - Does Extreme feel less zippy 10-30 kmh compared to T4? I compared the T4 to a Patton and both me and the Patton rider agreed that on the low speed T4 is more zippy. Just want to know if you loose much of that low end speed performance with the Extreme. 

2 - Provided they are driven in a similar style, would you say Extreme have noticeably better range over T4? It's ok if you did not do a range test, rough estimate like 'feel like it would be 15% better' is ok :)

4 hours ago, Drunkard said:

Hi @EMA

Since you had a T4 and now have the Extreme you will be the best to answer. 

1 - Does Extreme feel less zippy 10-30 kmh compared to T4? I compared the T4 to a Patton and both me and the Patton rider agreed that on the low speed T4 is more zippy. Just want to know if you loose much of that low end speed performance with the Extreme. 

2 - Provided they are driven in a similar style, would you say Extreme have noticeably better range over T4? It's ok if you did not do a range test, rough estimate like 'feel like it would be 15% better' is ok :)

1- Yes T4 al lower speeds feels more zippy mainly becouse it's weight less, feels completely effortless compared to bigger wheels ( -6kg is something)
I didn't ride a Patton a lot but i always find BG firmware more playfull than LK, i would say Extreme is closer to T4 than Patton in terms of feeling.

2- maybe 30%, the difference in range is pretty visible

11 hours ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

I think you should charge more honestly, they are coming out amazing. Quick question, where did you find the 38mm round reflectors to insert?

20240311-212432.jpg

you can use this kind of led light: https://www.amazon.it/dp/B07KXWCTJ2?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

there are many version of it but all share the same 39mm diameter, check also on aliex

Edited by EMA
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, techyiam said:

@EMA  and other Extreme owners:

How is the stock linkage for riding on the streets?

Is an aftermarket linkage necessary?

it's good, if you pick the coil version keep in mind you need a proper spring for your weight. you'll receive a 900lbs which is good for 85-90kg and a 1300lbs for 100+kg

if you are lighter you need to swap it, the sad part is that to swap springs on original linkage you need to disassemble the wheel a bit (super easy btw) while with the aftermarket one it's a 3m job

• Thanks 1

On 3/11/2024 at 8:55 AM, EMA said:

tire change is super easy, same process as other wheels since the master release.
241 need spacers on batteries for sure

Quick follow up. The tire change was easy enough, didn't even need tire irons.

I found some loose bolts during disassembly and some of the m3x10 flat head screws had either backed out part way or were bent from hitting other moving parts after backing out.

Vince sent me his battery spacer STL and they fit great between the frame and battery packs (print 8).

I guess I hadn't taken a recent begode wheel apart before but was surprised to find only 3 motor bolts on one side and 4 on the other.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, taiguy said:

Quick follow up. The tire change was easy enough, didn't even need tire irons.

I found some loose bolts during disassembly and some of the m3x10 flat head screws had either backed out part way or were bent from hitting other moving parts after backing out.

Vince sent me his battery spacer STL and they fit great between the frame and battery packs (print 8).

I guess I hadn't taken a recent begode wheel apart before but was surprised to find only 3 motor bolts on one side and 4 on the other.

Any chance to share the STL? Looking to get the 241 soon too. I've seen some people run it without any spacers, but it does seem to be really close.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/6/2024 at 9:57 AM, Tep said:

Quick update, so I did took the Extreme 50S out for a quick ride last week, and it looks like voltage sag is much better. At 125V, the wheel sags to 121-120V when I accelerate from 0-30 MPH, and does rebound when I maintain the speed. My problem with 50E version was that voltage wouldn't rebound if I hold 30+ MPH, with 50S this isn't an issue, and the initial sag is slightly less as well.

I'm waiting for custom linkage to arrive this weekend, and then will do more extensive testing. Unfortunately the stock suspension with 1300lbs coil is way too stiff for me (160 lbs/72.5 kg) so I don't feel comfortable pushing the wheel yet.

I took off one side of the handle to do some 3d modeling, I want to make a front handle that won't block the screen when riding.

rn_image_picker_lib_temp_595213d1-42a3-4388-b3bf-da227b0c1f1b.webp

Make sure to check if the pillar moves up and down without stiction. may need to adjust motor spacer or those grub screws otherwise. helps with smooth travel

I am currently using the v1 extreme with new shock. 900lb on soft mode bottoms out on simple curb jumps. It works decently on hard mode but the geometry makes it feel weird. Any recommendation for perhaps a 1100 lb spring?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, techyiam said:

For strictly street use, which tire would work best on the Extreme, placing stability as a high priority?

16×3″ Tire, Chao Yang H626. V12, T4, Patton, Extreme - ewheels.com

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, SoleCycle said:

What specific hex key sizes are needed for general maintenance on the Extreme?

• Body & Handle screws
  • Motor mounts
  • Pedal & hanger
  • Anything else?

i don't remember the size but you need only 3 and you can disassemble the entire wheel:D