Begode Extreme 2400wh: 134V, 16", Suspension, 77lb

On 1/22/2024 at 4:52 PM, Vince.Fab said:

I over torqued mine at 45mph, slid for 115 feet and rode trails the next day.  

Hey, sorry to hear that. Would you mind sharing more details specifically about the circumstances regarding your overt torque?

On 2/14/2024 at 7:32 AM, EMA said:

done yesterday the first ride with my prototype link, absolutely nuts :efee6b18f3:

do someone have done some mods to the battery cases ? they are too heavy for my liking

A good linkage makes all the difference huh!  I personally like how heavy duty the battery boxes are.  They have survived since very hard crashes against rocks and been fine.

3 hours ago, PurpleRiderUSA said:

Hey, sorry to hear that. Would you mind sharing more details specifically about the circumstances regarding your overt torque?

Like a dummy I switched to high speed mode before going out,  even after hitting 50mph in offroad mode.   I'm 265# or 120kg geared up and I was pulling 80 amps at 45mph.  It went down very easily with what I felt wasn't ample warning.   User error though,  high speed = less tq and too much lean.  I do have the data log as well

Edited by Vince.Fab
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, EMA said:
1 hour ago, techyiam said:

Aside from swapping in your linkage on your Extreme, did you mod the sliders on your Extreme? The suspension action looked really smooth.

it really is, but you don't need any mods, just check the overall assembly without the shock.
Bushings are now perfectly secured inside the sliders, but the screws that connect sliders to the mainboard section usually bend the sliders a bit.

Disconnect the sliders from the top, put a tiny spacer on the inner side, between them and the main structure and you'll be good.

Thanks. That is good to know.

I know the 50S packs are technically better in all respects. But for those who have the Extreme 50E,

• Do you have any regrets more than basic FOMO about not choosing 50S?
  • Or is it basically a non-issue?

7 hours ago, SoleCycle said:

I know the 50S packs are technically better in all respects. But for those who have the Extreme 50E,

• Do you have any regrets more than basic FOMO about not choosing 50S?
  • Or is it basically a non-issue?

absolutely a non-issue

It's an issue if you ride street mainly and in moderate/long distance. I had one of the first Extreme in the US and decided to sell it because below 50% battery, you have to watch voltage sag carefully. I have seen mine went from 55% resting, sag to 25% cruising at ~35 mph for more or less 5 miles. This happened some time in October, and weather wasn't even that cold yet. This wheel is very willing to go faster, but the 50E packs don't rebound fast enough, so what I saw is the voltage sags, and remain sagged instead of rebounding. 

I received my 50S unit last week, but I've been busy testing the Lynx and haven't tried that yet, I will do that this weekend. My main hope is to not having to worry about voltage sag at lowish battery anymore. 

That said, if you ride offroad mostly, or just don't really go far and fast, 50E is non issue. 

Edited by Tep

On 2/25/2024 at 7:55 PM, EMA said:

The kickstand is awesome! Does it only screw in from the bottom? I have grizzla fairings so the higher screw spots are being blocked.

On 3/4/2024 at 3:56 PM, Juho said:

The kickstand is awesome! Does it only screw in from the bottom? I have grizzla fairings so the higher screw spots are being blocked.

yes, you will use the battery screws and 2 of the side screws (lower ones)

i don't think grizzla fairings is an issue if you use M4 screws with flat head

Hey guys. I am about to pull the trigger for a brand new begode extreme. I have two options, one with 50E and the other one with 50S batteries. Price drops nearly %20 with the E option. I am a beginner rider with KingSong ks14d and this will be my first big wheel. Which one do you suggest me to order? Your comments appreciated. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eucandoit said:

Hey guys. I am about to pull the trigger for a brand new begode extreme. I have two options, one with 50E and the other one with 50S batteries. Price drops nearly %20 with the E option. I am a beginner rider with KingSong ks14d and this will be my first big wheel. Which one do you suggest me to order? Your comments appreciated. 

go for the 50E, absolutely no need 50S if you do not plan to race

Quick update, so I did took the Extreme 50S out for a quick ride last week, and it looks like voltage sag is much better. At 125V, the wheel sags to 121-120V when I accelerate from 0-30 MPH, and does rebound when I maintain the speed. My problem with 50E version was that voltage wouldn't rebound if I hold 30+ MPH, with 50S this isn't an issue, and the initial sag is slightly less as well.

I'm waiting for custom linkage to arrive this weekend, and then will do more extensive testing. Unfortunately the stock suspension with 1300lbs coil is way too stiff for me (160 lbs/72.5 kg) so I don't feel comfortable pushing the wheel yet.

I took off one side of the handle to do some 3d modeling, I want to make a front handle that won't block the screen when riding.

rn_image_picker_lib_temp_595213d1-42a3-4388-b3bf-da227b0c1f1b.webp

Edited by Tep
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Tep said:

I'm waiting for custom linkage to arrive this weekend, and then will do more extensive testing. Unfortunately the stock suspension with 1300lbs coil is way too stiff for me (160 lbs/72.5 kg) so I don't feel comfortable pushing the wheel yet.

i'm 72kg too and the 900lbs sag like 0.5cm with me, basically a non-suspension wheel, how could you ride the 1300 lol 

1 hour ago, EMA said:

i'm 72kg too and the 900lbs sag like 0.5cm with me, basically a non-suspension wheel, how could you ride the 1300 lol 

Hahaha it was like riding a non suspension wheel, I hit any bump and the wheel get air time. 

My aftermarket linkage will support 240mm shock, with 500lbs coil on it, it should be much, much better.

11 hours ago, eucandoit said:

For a 20% price difference I'd probably pick 50E. 50S is unambiguously better, but mostly makes a difference riding at low battery, high load with high speed (either going fast or uphill), since you lose more top speed with 50E than 50S. Probably only a few kph speed loss, but this matters if you continuously push the limits of the wheel. I wouldn't worry otherwise.

• Like 1