Begode EX30 4000W 3600Wh 134v Suspension

ugoaps

4 minutes ago, Greg X said:

it seems that this time we got..... very good wheel, good quality build and much more powerfull than sherman. 
Batch2-3 should be really refined and worth to buy.

TBD if it's more or less powerful than the Sherman S tho.

What the video says is that it's easier to accelerate thanks to its lower pedals. Makes sense from the geometry: the higher the pedals the more forward lean is needed to get the same acceleration.

Edited by supercurio
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Greg X said:

it seems that this time we got..... very good wheel, good quality build and much more powerfull than sherman. 
Batch2-3 should be really refined and worth to buy.

Hsiang gave the EX30 a very glowing review.

It will be interesting to see what the owners' reviews are going to be like. 

It does sound like Begode is improving build quality with each new release.

Unless one has to have Begode's 134V performance characteristics, I would still consider the Sherman-S and the V13 since these latter two wheels are on quite a high bar.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

But BG at least tried, and some gasketing is better than nothing at all.

Yes exactly - intention comes before perfection ! It's a step up that they are even trying !

Edited by Cerbera
  • Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Hsiang gave the EX30 a very glowing review.

It will be interesting to see what the owners' reviews are going to be like. 

It does sound like Begode is improving build quality with each new release.

Unless one has to have Begode's 134V performance characteristics, I would still consider the Sherman-S and the V13 since these latter two wheels are on quite a high bar.

Well, I don't know about a "glowing" review, but he did say the performance is one of the best AFTER a certain speed. The quality aspect he says is top notch for Begode. Low center of gravity (good for street stability), but not ideal for stairs, etc.

He says the EX30 is comparable to the Sherman-S more so than the Commander Pro is, but I would have to disagree. To me, the Sherman-S is not as similar to the EX30 as, for instance, the EX30 is to the V13, since the EX30 and V13 are more strictly for street performance. If you're a street rider the EX30 is for you if you don't mind small things like fixing the power pads and weight, but also want range and power.

The more I look at the top wheels out, the more I see how the Sherman-S really hit the sweet spot as far as everything except 134 volts and pedals.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, BKW said:

The more I look at the top wheels out, the more I see how the Sherman-S really hit the sweet spot as far as everything except 134 volts and pedals.

+1

Depending on the exact use case, I think either the Sherman-S or V13 would be the top choices, if one doesn't have to have the 134-volt system.

From what I have been hearing, there are just not many Sherman-S owners who are complaining about lack of performance. There seemed to be a lot of happy Sherman-S owners.

But for those who are constantly riding above 30 mph in traffic, I would also check out the V13, if the range of the V13 would suffice.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BKW said:

Well, I don't know about a "glowing" review,

Hsiang did say the EX30 is the best Begode wheel yet, and it's low mounting battery packs give the EX30 a class standout riding experience. Moreover, acceleration and braking is also class leading.

5 hours ago, techyiam said:

Hsiang's long awaited video on the EX30.

a big highlight of the entire review seems to be the lower battery boxes which give it the stability and handling that no other wheel on the market has currently. Which is good to hear that the ex30 has such a unique feature about it. Imagine if inmotion or another company made a low center of gravity performance wheel

Just now, Greg X said:

in winter 2023/24 we will see sherman-s 134v, with better pedals and some small other upgrades. 
It is last manufacturer, which still has only older system 100v and nothing above. 

I feel a move like this so early will just alienate the current 100v sherman-s riders. I would see a lot of 100v sherman-s being dumped on the used market for the newer 126v version. Pretty much a begode move right there lol. The rumored 16" leaperkim wheel is said to be 126v however

29 minutes ago, Greg X said:

in winter 2023/24 we will see sherman-s 134v, with better pedals and some small other upgrades. 
It is last manufacturer, which still has only older system 100v and nothing above. 

Has this been confirmed by a reputable source? I think I may have missed the memo... can you give links/videos?

If this happens, I'll definitely go with that over all other wheels

Edited by BKW

1 hour ago, Cobaltsaber said:

a big highlight of the entire review seems to be the lower battery boxes which give it the stability and handling that no other wheel on the market has currently. Which is good to hear that the ex30 has such a unique feature about it. Imagine if inmotion or another company made a low center of gravity performance wheel

Other than Hsiang, other reviewers don't seem to feel as strongly. For example, Jack ex-kingsong didn't really emphasize that aspect. 

We have to wait to see what others have to say.

13 minutes ago, techyiam said:

In a years time, it would be difficult to predict how high the system voltage will go.

Extreme Bull already has a 146-volt system in their K6 scooter. 

Honestly im totally fine with the power we get from 134v. Higher voltages mean we get less battery groups in parallel which means more voltage sag and less redundancy in the battery packs. I think 134v is a fine balance between still being able to charge the wheel from a standard wall outlet at 10a with some margin to not blow the outlet. But that means only a single 134v wheel on a circuit allowed. On grouprides here, we're already starting to rely on EV charging stations. With everyone upgrading to 100v+ it will be all EV charging from here on out. With 100v and under wheels we were able to charge from standard wall outlets as long as we were counting amps/wattage

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

i like H's review of the EX30.

but its weight is still abit of a drawback for me.  here is a novel idea:

give the battery pack compartments of the EX30 the ability to accept factory made battery packs of different power levels.

you keep everything the EX is currently, but add the ability to use a lighter, lower powered battery pack (and lighter by weight) for your daily commute.  and then switch out the commuting pack for your all-day riding pack which is the current battery pack that it comes with.  would this be too much for the manufacturer to implement ?

bpong

32 minutes ago, bpong said:

i like H's review of the EX30.

but its weight is still abit of a drawback for me.  here is a novel idea:

give the battery pack compartments of the EX30 the ability to accept factory made battery packs of different power levels.

you keep everything the EX is currently, but add the ability to use a lighter, lower powered battery pack (and lighter by weight) for your daily commute.  and then switch out the commuting pack for your all-day riding pack which is the current battery pack that it comes with.  would this be too much for the manufacturer to implement ?

bpong

People have been asking for modular wheels for the longest time. Begode's design is probably the closest we can get to that currently. I was thinking you just have 2 sets of batteries 1800wh and 3600wh. 2 sets of motors with 16" and 20" tires. Then you can swap on your single frame depending on the situation that you need. Short rip or need a trail wheel? Pop on the 1800wh packs and 16" wheel. Long street cruise, throw on the bigger batteries and wheel.

I dont think hotswappable batteries is going to be efficient and viable. Not in the same way that ebikes and some escooters have hotswappable batteries held in a quick release shell. Would add too much bulk to an EUC and be a complicated yet delicate mechanism.

2 hours ago, trailless said:

At that point I'd much rather just have 2 wheels. The motor and batteries are the bulk of the cost anyway. 

We dont even need them to be hotswappable. Just a modular checkout option to build the wheel YOU want would be amazing. Some people wanna save weight, some people want absolute max range, bigger or smaller tire size, etc. Imagine if you could just check off options on a single frame for the wheel you want. It would be like picking computer parts

1 hour ago, Cobaltsaber said:

We dont even need them to be hotswappable. Just a modular checkout option to build the wheel YOU want would be amazing. Some people wanna save weight, some people want absolute max range, bigger or smaller tire size, etc. Imagine if you could just check off options on a single frame for the wheel you want. It would be like picking computer parts

That could be cool option. Like cars for example, the same model can come with different engine, tire, and suspension options. The only negative I can see would be that it might make the EUC cost a bit more. More labor = more cost... 

One thing I was a little curious about from Hsiang's video is the acceleration numbers. He was saying that it is faster than the V13, and I just seriously doubt that. 

He was unable to hit the top speed on the V13. This has me wondering if he is the best person to be posting acceleration times. I would image someone like Kuji or Roger would be better for such things. 

I think the EX30 will be close to the V13, but it is not faster. Not faster top speed, faster free spin speed, or acceleration. Of course, I listen to the stats. I would be happy to be proven wrong.