Sherman-S 3600wh: 100V, 20", suspension, 97lb

6 hours ago, MrMonoWheel said:

I'd be down, although I have a sneaking suspicion if I were to buy a smaller wheel to go with my Sherman S (and replace my v11) it would be from inmotion. If they manage to scale down the best parts of the V13 that's gonna be a killer wheel.

Maybe just not the battery…

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, That Guy said:

Oh, imagine that!! Where did Eevees mentioned it?

Should we start a new topic "New smaller wheel from LeaperKim speculations"? 

They mentioned it in the "Smaller Wheel" thread in the general section. I'm excited to see a smaller wheel from Leaperkim TBH. There is a big market for mid range, mid size wheels and hopefully they hit it out of the park with this one. A Sherman lite perhaps? I've always said the more options the better (Begode notwithstanding)

• Upvote 2

Looks like Leaperkim have released an alternative larger seat for those who aren't fans of the original seat (pad) that comes on the S. This also includes pads to cover up the suspension adjustment knobs! This looks much better than the stock seat and it might be the one I go for although I want to see what other aftermarket seats will be released.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mOlBYZo

Edited by Clem604
  • Like 3

If Leaper Kim were to put out a 16" wheel with the Sherman S suspension, then I would consider selling the V12HT that I have on the way.  If they call it the Veteran Hellcat then that would push me over the edge and I would have to order it.  I loved playing the Hellcat on World of Tanks and it is also a really good name.  The Hellcat was a lightweight tank too, just like a 16" wheel from LK would (hopefully) be.  I'd love to have 2 wheels that both have great suspension!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, KiwiMark said:

If Leaper Kim were to put out a 16" wheel with the Sherman S suspension, then I would consider selling the V12HT that I have on the way.  If they call it the Veteran Hellcat then that would push me over the edge and I would have to order it.  I loved playing the Hellcat on World of Tanks and it is also a really good name.  The Hellcat was a lightweight tank too, just like a 16" wheel from LK would (hopefully) be.  I'd love to have 2 wheels that both have great suspension!

Yeah it gets me thinking of what they are going to release, a scaled down Sherman S or a scaled down Shermax? Maybe something else all together? Either way I'm excited to see what they bring out.

No comments as yet, regarding the rubbing/friction/wearing of the sliders as revealed in the video?

Metal on metal, sliding.

Seems to be worse than the original S20 plastic on metal, sliding.

Veteran Sherman S, are Extreme Bull onto something?

541 subscribers

Dec 29, 2022

Edited by Paul A
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Paul A said:

No comments as yet, regarding the rubbing/friction/wearing of the sliders as revealed in the video?

Metal on metal, sliding.

Seems to be worse than the original S20 plastic on metal, sliding.

Veteran Sherman S, are Extreme Bull onto something?

541 subscribers

Dec 29, 2022

By design, I think the axle area is just clearing the battery cover. I don’t think it’s suppose to be riding along it like what’s demonstrated in the video. To me any scratches there in that area is from debris or loose bolts/parts. Just a guess. I am curious as well … 

Regarding the stanchion clamp rubbing on the inside of the battery cover in the center channel, it should be really straightforward to determine the cause.

The suspension struct is an inverted type, where the stanchion is located on the bottom end of the struct.

The free-end of the stanchion is clamped to one end of a burley hollow axle.

There should be almost no play between the stanchion and the outer slider tube. Since the outer slider is sprung weight, the battery case is rigidly mounted to the slider tube. The battery case extends below slider, and hence, the bottom portion of the battery pack move over the stanchion clamp. There should be enough clearance between the stanchion clamp and the battery case.

The suspension struct is located in the middle of the wheel. The battery case has a center channel to accommodate the struct. The portion of the battery case which is making rubbing contact could even be just a cover. If @MrMonoWheel doesn't mind, perhaps he can take a look at this.

It shouldn't be hard to see why it is rubbing.

25 minutes ago, MrMonoWheel said:

All I can say is wow. Now that I have this wheel in person I can say that 95% of the anguish I went through in this thread was for nothing. The pedals aren't incredible and the trolley handle is kinda silly, but this thing is a god damn MACHINE. In low speed maneuvers it handles as well if not better than my v11 which surprised me, and the weight isn't an issue in the slightest. I can pick it up and put it in the car, whip it around while riding, and get on and off just as easy as any other wheel. And oh my god the suspension, I don't even know what to say. It's extraordinary. It's so damn smooth and well balanced. When going off a curb the suspension doesn't clack as it hits full extension and it doesn't thunk on landing. What surprised me most is how easy it is to bunnyhop. I was never able to do so on my v11 but on the Sherman S its like it wants to hop off the ground with you.

I could go on for a while, but I'm gonna do some more testing and come back.

20221229_184749.thumb.jpg.1b1540f622be86d7893505c08c33f7d9.jpg

Congrats, man! Enjoy it. CW for more details...

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, MrMonoWheel said:

All I can say is wow. Now that I have this wheel in person I can say that 95% of the anguish I went through in this thread was for nothing. The pedals aren't incredible and the trolley handle is kinda silly, but this thing is a god damn MACHINE. In low speed maneuvers it handles as well if not better than my v11 which surprised me, and the weight isn't an issue in the slightest. I can pick it up and put it in the car, whip it around while riding, and get on and off just as easy as any other wheel. And oh my god the suspension, I don't even know what to say. It's extraordinary. It's so damn smooth and well balanced. When going off a curb the suspension doesn't clack as it hits full extension and it doesn't thunk on landing. What surprised me most is how easy it is to bunnyhop. I was never able to do so on my v11 but on the Sherman S its like it wants to hop off the ground with you.

20221229_184749.thumb.jpg.1b1540f622be86d7893505c08c33f7d9.jpg

Ditto. Mine is scheduled for delivery end of this month. I'll probably just repeat what you just wrote. 

34 minutes ago, MrMonoWheel said:

Now that I have this wheel in person

Congrats! 

GT King Store came through.

Good to hear your positive initial impression. 

It certainly sounds like big heavy wheels are here to stay.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MrMonoWheel said:

but I'm gonna do some more testing and come back

Gratz on the new wheel , she looks great. It will be interesting to hear your opinion as someone who has been driving the v11 and is not beholden to any particular company. I look forward to it.

3 hours ago, Jon Wall said:

For those who don't want the bite system

Thank you sir :)

7 hours ago, MrMonoWheel said:

Congrats! I'm sitting here in envy as mine doesn't come for another 2-3 months. I was just riding the demo yesterday at Eevees and now I'm counting down the days.

Off-topic: Is that your blue GTI in the photo?

Edited by Clem604
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Clem604 said:

I was just riding the demo yesterday at Eevees

It is good that they don't mind you going back to ride it again.

It is going to be tough to have to wait, but when you get your wheel, you will be super glad you won't have to be stuck with first batch issues. 

1 hour ago, techyiam said:

It is good that they don't mind you going back to ride it again.

It is going to be tough to have to wait, but when you get your wheel, you will be super glad you won't have to be stuck with first batch issues. 

Yeah man they don't mind at all, I've ridden their demo on a few occasions. I was there to drop off my Mten4 for a tire change so I ride their demo S as much as I can.  Hopefully there are not too many , if any, issues on the first batch but whatever they do decide to change it should be implemented by the time I get mine.

Edited by Clem604
  • Like 1