Sherman-S 3600wh: 100V, 20", suspension, 97lb

15 hours ago, RaidenHUN said:

Based on battery capacity the Sherman S is the long range one, not the V13.... 

Long range and high speed though. If I can sustain 45+ on the v13 for 40 miles I'm happy. If the Sherman caps out at 45 I'd assume after a certain period that will drop to 35-40 at which point I'm not happy

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Unicycle Santa said:

If the Sherman caps out at 45 I'd assume after a certain period that will drop to 35-40 at which point I'm not happy

+1

This would hold true for me as well. 

Currently on my V12, it seems like the top speed drops significantly below 60% battery.

8 hours ago, Unicycle Santa said:

Long range and high speed though. If I can sustain 45+ on the v13 for 40 miles I'm happy. If the Sherman caps out at 45 I'd assume after a certain period that will drop to 35-40 at which point I'm not happy

Might you not be better with a petrol driven wheel? Or is it anticipated that the Inmotion V13 is going to be able to deliver rather more than double the performance/range of its predecessor?       It’s great that you have roads or tracks and conditions where you can do this, but 45miles per hour or over for four hours (over 180miles) straight would take a fair amount of stamina from both wheel (that number is calculable) and rider - equivalent of doing a double ride of ‘Marty proportions’ back to back, all at the speed you indicate? 

13 hours ago, Freeforester said:

Might you not be better with a petrol driven wheel? Or is it anticipated that the Inmotion V13 is going to be able to deliver rather more than double the performance/range of its predecessor?       It’s great that you have roads or tracks and conditions where you can do this, but 45miles per hour or over for four hours (over 180miles) straight would take a fair amount of stamina from both wheel (that number is calculable) and rider - equivalent of doing a double ride of ‘Marty proportions’ back to back, all at the speed you indicate? 

Uhhh... 180 miles? I said 40 😂

• Like 2

On 10/6/2022 at 6:46 PM, techyiam said:

It's 97 pounds for the Sherman-S.     

97 lbs. a Quick to respond wheel:   Oxymoron?    Think Abrams, think Monster Pro.

On the other hand if you want a 70 km/h wheel that is quick to respond, look no further than the V12. 🙂

On paper, regarding mosfets, there is nothing under spec'd here. The V13 has 42 mosfets rated at 200V, whereas the Sherman-S has 24 mosfets rated at 125V. Both are new board designs.

There is no reason at this point in time to suspect one is more failure prone than the other. 

This is a crazy thought... my Sherman OG will be my lightest wheel

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, DragonFZ said:

This is a crazy thought... my Sherman OG will be my lightest wheel

I know what you mean. 

The Sherman is not an agile wheel, and it takes effort to maneuver. But there are people who can adapt and get used to it, and move onto something even heavier. 

It is not unlike the Goldwings. Even though the earlier Goldwing's were heavy to start with, they gradually got heavier and heavier. These were 800, 900 lbs. bikes. And they cost a pretty penny. But there is a market for them.

43 minutes ago, techyiam said:

I know what you mean. 

The Sherman is not an agile wheel, and it takes effort to maneuver. But there are people who can adapt and get used to it, and move onto something even heavier. 

It is not unlike the Goldwings. Even though the earlier Goldwing's were heavy to start with, they gradually got heavier and heavier. These were 800, 900 lbs. bikes. And they cost a pretty penny. But there is a market for them.

And can be ridden!  I remember when I was in Daytona for school, one of my instructors mentioned " to all you Harley guys about unsuspecting torque. Watch for the wheeling Goldwing with a passenger!" It's true, I have done it . But the more impressive thing is watching motorcycle cops train on baggers on cone courses.  It really shows that big heavy bikes can be quite nimble... with good technique, Sherman can too

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Jon Wall said:

And can be ridden!  I remember when I was in Daytona for school, one of my instructors mentioned " to all you Harley guys about unsuspecting torque. Watch for the wheeling Goldwing with a passenger!" It's true, I have done it . But the more impressive thing is watching motorcycle cops train on baggers on cone courses.  It really shows that big heavy bikes can be quite nimble... with good technique, Sherman can too

You are so right. 

In the right hands, a Goldwing can out corner an average rider on a sport bike.

I was at demo ride sponsored by a local dealer. The dealer hired a retired motorcycle cop to lead. What he could do on a Harley was very impressive. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, techyiam said:

You are so right. 

I was at demo ride sponsored by a local dealer. The dealer hired a retired motorcycle cop to lead. What he could do on a Harley was very impressive. 

That generally leaves an impression your not likely to forget ... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, techyiam said:

You are so right. 

It's not the size that matters, it's who's riding it.

image.png.ba0137e72a56c45d8ecdfd0e0d6910eb.png

• Haha 1

It's all a matter of conditioning the EUC community. After lifting a Sherman into a hatchback for 2 years, the V11 weight is nothing. Riding a Sherman for 8000 ish miles, you definitely know how to be nimble on that wheel. I'm pretty sure we will all get accustom to the new weight class.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DragonFZ said:

It's all a matter of conditioning the EUC community. After lifting a Sherman into a hatchback for 2 years, the V11 weight is nothing. Riding a Sherman for 8000 ish miles, you definitely know how to be nimble on that wheel. I'm pretty sure we will all get accustom to the new weight class.

I agree. When I started riding on a v11 everyone told me not to start on a large heavy wheel, get something like an mten3. Now the v11 is considered light/moderate. Furthermore I had no issues learning on the v11.

As of now I'm heavily considering changing my preorder from the v13 to the Sherman S. The alleged build quality seems so much better. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Unicycle Santa said:

The alleged build quality seems so much better. 

Without review units in testers hands, it is far too early to conclude something like that. I personally am expecting great things from both of these wheels but would not be too surprised if that turned out to not be the case for either or both wheels.

(It is crazy to me that these wheels are both so close to launch and yet not a single review unit out there as far as I am aware; I get that they want to avoid an S20-style publicity issue, but I would honestly feel better if they did)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, rebeuc said:

Without review units in testers hands, it is far too early to conclude something like that. I personally am expecting great things from both of these wheels but would not be too surprised if that turned out to not be the case for either or both wheels.

(It is crazy to me that these wheels are both so close to launch and yet not a single review unit out there as far as I am aware; I get that they want to avoid an S20-style publicity issue, but I would honestly feel better if they did)

But someone did post a V13 that was taken apart to some extent. What I saw did not meet my expectation. I own a V12, and had hoped that Inmotion would raise the bar on the V13. Unfortunately, from what I saw, there was a lot of V12 DNA in the V13. They did beef up the electrical though. The sliders are very similar to the V11.

On the other hand, just looking at the exterior of the Sherman-S gives the perception of high build quality. Although, it is still too early to draw conclusions yet, but the Sherman-S is looking good so far.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, rebeuc said:

So true... Many pictures everywhere but not a word about the impression... e-Rides UK are even selling pads with photos of Sherman-S... (here) And yet - not even a short video from them?!...

1 hour ago, techyiam said:

But someone did post a V13 that was taken apart to some extent. What I saw did not meet my expectation. I own a V12, and had hoped that Inmotion would raise the bar on the V13. Unfortunately, from what I saw, there was a lot of V12 DNA in the V13. They did beef up the electrical though. The sliders are very similar to the V11.

On the other hand, just looking at the exterior of the Sherman-S gives the perception of high build quality. Although, it is still too early to draw conclusions yet, but the Sherman-S is looking good so far.

I also expect LeaperKim to choose all the right materials for the panels, bolts, etc. Unfortunately they gave us the reason to doubt Shermas would be a great success by default. Remember, how cool Abrams looked and how our first visual impressions were that it was built to last? But then it just failed spectacularly...

Edited by That Guy
  • Like 1

I am also worried by the lack of InMotion information on the V13. I put in my preorder on the first day, something I have never done, but now I haven't seen anything and it is mid October. I want a big wheel as I am big, so fingers crossed the V13 still lives up to expectations.

• Like 1

Do we actually know what the spring rate of the Sherman S stock coil spring is yet? Or indeed what the 'alternative' one is? Given pre-load does nothing for adjusting stiffness (spring rate) and only serves to adjust loaded ride height I would be interested to try and find out what rates they are using just to get a feel of what ballpark they are in.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Planemo said:

Do we actually know what the spring rate of the Sherman S stock coil spring is yet? Or indeed what the 'alternative' one is? Given pre-load does nothing for adjusting stiffness (spring rate) and only serves to adjust loaded ride height I would be interested to try and find out what rates they are using just to get a feel of what ballpark they are in.

Unfortunately, nothing has emerged with any detail around this, and we Only have the information I posted earlier, by one of the Ali Express sellers (and surprisingly, Not mentioned anywhere else), that spoke of there being 2 spring weight versions of the Sherman-S!

Even if we finally get review/prototypes in the hands of the "Usual" YouTubers, I personally Don't expect they would get into the nitty gritty of spring rates to Fully answer your questions, choosing instead to just cover All the usual basic information.

Suspension, as you know yourself @Planemo from your own personal experiences, is an in-depth topic and still relatively New to EUC's, that in IMHO not enough of the "Usual" YouTubers have the relevant first-hand knowledge/experience with the way different implementations should work/behave!

We will still have to wait and see what Leaperkim themselves divulge, if anything At All!

Edited by fbhb
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, That Guy said:

Remember, how cool Abrams looked and how our first visual impressions were that it was built to last? But then it just failed spectacularly...

I think Denis Hagov single-handedly killed the Abrams.  ;)

OK, the Abrams had the first batch issues, but look at the V12, S22, and T4. Abrams wasn't worse, and the build quality was good. It may be a big and heavy wheel before it's time though.

To my eyes, the build quality on the Sherman-S is another bar or two up on the Abrams. It looks good so far to me.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, That Guy said:

So true... Many pictures everywhere but not a word about the impression... e-Rides UK are even selling pads with photos of Sherman-S... (here) And yet - not even a short video from them?!...

That's interesting; that would seem to imply they are going a different route for this launch and they ARE sending evaluation units to the major retailers (and possibly actual reviewers) but have an embargo on releasing info/videos.

So probably once some as-yet-unspecified date comes we will see a flood of info on this wheel

• Like 1