Begode Master 134V 2400WH Suspension

onkeldanuel

10 minutes ago, EMA said:

that's what i've done, you can find the stl file here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/f9e9a6nzohb9lh2/AACKmfN4XqpIoexfK3fFAEyWa?dl=0

it's a 2 layer ring, 0.3 + 0.5 , 0.8mm total

YT description (hope it's clear, still processing): https://youtu.be/tNaiEbNTRhM

bushing_ring_install.jpg

Nice, instruction is clear, might do this when I have the energy to disassemble everything again. 😅

• Like 1

On 10/15/2022 at 12:42 AM, UtahRider said:

Received my 40T Master with a Kenda 342 road tire from EWheels today and can gleefully report no issues with it whatsoever. I have zero and I mean zero pedal play. All pads arrived in excellent shape. Bolts and screws were tight. EWheels evidently did a thorough check and applied generous amounts of epoxy over wire connections. I didn’t see any bare, dangling or stretched wires like in my RST. MB looked clean, sturdy and well connected. Removing the cellophane over the battery cases was annoying. I applied the Clarkpads fairing and seat combo which was ridiculously tedious because all the double sided tape they applied had to be removed and replaced w industrial strength Velcro. As many have already reported, the 3M tape on Begode’s supplied pads is just silly. There is no sticky glue underneath the paper, it’s just smooth and must be cleaned w alcohol for anything to stick to them. Like what’s the purpose in that? (I don’t expect an answer).

The ride feels like my EX and RST had a big baby. Both low and high end torque is excellent! Very similar to my RST and unlike my EX which is slow to get going up to 20mph. The Master feels lighter and thinner than its 78 lbs, my EX is similar weight but feels much wider and heavier. I have no issue with the pedal height, again feels very similar to my EX. The Begode spiked pedals feel good but I’m replacing w Clark pedals because the spikes aren’t as sharp and will use Begode’s for trail riding. Suspension is surprisingly good for about 99% (not scientific) of the road surfaces I ride. Much better than I was expecting actually. Pumped shock to 300 psi and I’m 5’11, 210 lbs. It feels similar to my EX but plusher, smoother w quicker rebound. However, I don’t notice much difference in the rebound settings so far but for road riding, it feels good to me. Suspension does bottom out with a loud clack when hitting big bumps or going off curbs. I don’t see a need to change the shock until I do off road rides next Spring, it’s good enough for now. The headlight is better than expected but wish it had a little wider beam instead of the big ball of light.

I cancelled my Master preorder last Friday because I just had it with all the issues being reported esp the pedal play. But after soul searching over the weekend and talking to eWheels about my concerns, I kind of reluctantly un-cancelled Monday and actually glad I did. I only road 15 miles today and as hard as it was, stayed below 35mph until I get use to it and can totally trust it, but I love the ride so far and looking forward to opening it up tomorrow! It really did surpass my expectations, my expectations were admittedly low, but I do still think it’s overpriced by about $500 for what you get. I’m withholding my buy recommendation until after I reach 500 miles. But, if it holds up as well as my EX and RST, it’s going to be a fabulous EUC.

P.S. I didn’t take thorough notes and pics like @Cerberabecause, well I’m lazy. Sorry.

I'm glad you're Master is as you like it. I just recived mine from ewheels 3 days ago, and though I wish I couod say the same, I can't. My master for whatever reason keeps beeping once I hit 32mph. 

I turned off 1st, then 2nd speed alarms and still I get the beep. While I first I figured it was just me not knowing how to properly use the app, but when I took a screen recording of the app, I saw a little notification pop up that said "high power, dangerous" once I saw that I walked the wheel home and started reaching out to EUC YouTubers one of whom was Zen Lee, and he literally walked me through (3) 3rd party apps to see if we couod get the alarm to go away, including the Begode app itself, to no avail. 

Has anyone else had the same issue?... And does anyone know if I'm getting that warning because it's a litech battery?... As of now, ewheels isn't being of much help, so I'm hoping someomce couod give me insight on what's actually happening. 

Thanks. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BillyKo said:

I turned off 1st, then 2nd speed alarms and still I get the beep

just to be clear, have you done it with the wheel completely stopped? any kind of setting is not stored if the wheel is moving

• Like 1

13 hours ago, EMA said:

that's what i've done, you can find the stl file here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/f9e9a6nzohb9lh2/AACKmfN4XqpIoexfK3fFAEyWa?dl=0

it's a 2 layer ring, 0.3 + 0.5 , 0.8mm total

YT description (hope it's clear, still processing): https://youtu.be/tNaiEbNTRhM

bushing_ring_install.jpg

Absolutely awesome! Thank you!!

The screws push the bushing oval. Optimal solution would be to have more tight bushing, this will solve it a lot.

Edited by Kutvelo
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, BillyKo said:

.. My master for whatever reason keeps beeping once I hit 32mph. 

.. I saw a little notification pop up that said "high power, dangerous"

I may have a clue? You should try a gps app, either your 32"mph" is in reality 32kph(1st alarm but this is strange it should be 30 not 32) or 51mph(pwm alarm)

As you speak in mph and it is known that begode has problems mixing mph/kph since a year or so on all their wheels when selecting imperial values, this pop up "high power, dangerous" appears on the app when reaching the selected pwm xx% limit but not for 1st/2nd speed alarms
Multiplying roughly by 1.6(mph/kph conversion) 32 = 51(mph so 80+kph) which corresponds to the (?75/80%?) pwm beeps

I saw a Master Pro owner who had to set the wheel in kph to get a correct reading in mph on the apps, if it sets the wheel in mph it creates a strange x1.6 kph/mph mix even if he checks the options created by eucw/darknessbot devs to overcome this

Edited by Bizra6ot

I recently got my Master from Ewheels and have really been enjoying it. pretty much every thing I would have wanted to add to my RS. I especially love the pedals. Very glad I traded my Abrams out for this one 

I was wondering though if they ever added a way to turn the blue idle light off on the tail light? I didn't see anything on euc world or when I googled it but I wouldn't be surprised if I just missed it.

Edited by Silver
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Silver said:

was wondering though if they ever added a way to turn the blue idle light off on the tail light?

I haven't seen any mention of such an option anywhere, so I think that's a no. Why do you want to turn that off ?! 

Are you doing your EUC assassinations again and need the stealth ?! ;)

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

Why do you want to turn that off ?! 

Are you doing your EUC assassinations again and need the stealth ?! ;)

Ha that would be easy to deal will I could just unplug it completely, I just don't want it blue  

It's been the end of my first week on the Master today, which I celebrated by wheeling myself up the tallest hill around. There were moments of greatness - the ease and authority with which it powers up any degree of slope I can give it, its suspension dealt with some truly horrible bits of pavement as if it wasn't there, and it survived another round of UK rain without incident.

But I spent quite a lot of today limiting myself to 30 kph, and feeling rather precarious on high in the relatively strong wind. As soon as I would begin speeding up I would notice a strong pressure from one side or another, making me feel like I was constantly unbalanced left-right and on several occasions found myself having to twist my upper body almost sideways on the wheel to keep it going straight. I had to do a lot more 'flappy arms' than normal (and normally there is none of that !) to feel stable. It didn't seem to matter what I did with my feet or posture to compensate; I couldn't completely negate that feeling without losing nearly all my speed. It's not a nice feeling, and as wind is a regular thing in this country I'm keen to read of any techniques people might have of mitigating that effect, other than by sitting down, which I can't do yet :) Does anyone think that is being made worse by the stock CST tyre ?

I do have the City Extra sitting here - wondering if I shouldn't change to that straight away, rather than waiting a month for the CST to 'bed in' and lose its sharp edges...

I used to LOVE riding in strong wind on the MS3 - it was an exciting challenge to hold on, and confidently zig zag about getting through it, but the feelings I get trying that on the Master are more terrifying than enjoyable - any one else noticing that at all, coming from a lower, lighter wheel ?

Perhaps I am just a bit disappointed in myself. I have gone from being 'massively good' at riding on my MS3 (though I say so myself) to being not quite back at the beginner stage on the master - I think I was expecting the transition to be a bit more seamless than that ! :)

Edited by Cerbera
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Cerbera said:

Perhaps I am just a bit disappointed in myself.

No need... Master is much much higher and heavier. I would expect some amount of fear and trepidation from a sane rider, it'll go away quickly enough. Actually I should say: it'll go away with time and miles.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Cerbera said:

I used to LOVE riding in strong wind on the MS3 - it was an exciting challenge to hold on, and confidently zig zag about getting through it, but the feelings I get trying that on the Master are more terrifying than enjoyable - any one else noticing that at all, coming from a lower, lighter wheel ?

you need to develop the skill, heavier and taller wheels are difficult to ride. The stock CST is so easy to tilt that strong wind can throw you around , you need to lean :D

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cerbera said:

It's been the end of my first week on the Master today, which I celebrated by wheeling myself up the tallest hill around. There were moments of greatness - the ease and authority with which it powers up any degree of slope I can give it, its suspension dealt with some truly horrible bits of pavement as if it wasn't there, and it survived another round of UK rain without incident.

But I spent quite a lot of today limiting myself to 30 kph, and feeling rather precarious on high in the relatively strong wind. As soon as I would begin speeding up I would notice a strong pressure from one side or another, making me feel like I was constantly unbalanced left-right and on several occasions found myself having to twist my upper body almost sideways on the wheel to keep it going straight. I had to do a lot more 'flappy arms' than normal (and normally there is none of that !) to feel stable. It didn't seem to matter what I did with my feet or posture to compensate; I couldn't completely negate that feeling without losing nearly all my speed. It's not a nice feeling, and as wind is a regular thing in this country I'm keen to read of any techniques people might have of mitigating that effect, other than by sitting down, which I can't do yet :) Does anyone think that is being made worse by the stock CST tyre ?

I do have the City Extra sitting here - wondering if I shouldn't change to that straight away, rather than waiting a month for the CST to 'bed in' and lose its sharp edges...

Perhaps I am just a bit disappointed in myself. I have gone from being 'massively good' at riding on my MS3 (though I say so myself) to being not quite back at the beginner stage on the master - I think I was expecting the transition to be a bit more seamless than that ! :)

The trick is to stick out one of your arms, opposite the direction you want to go. For example, the wind is pushing you off the road to the right and you want to go left, stick out only your right arm. This creates drag on your right side which slightly twists the wheel to the right, the wheel goes right and you go left which creates a left turn. You can steer the master with CST tire by only sticking one arm out and using the wind to twist and turn you. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Allright!! @Kutvelo :efeeec645d: Master.

I did set OG pads with velcro, the first thing which came into my mind.. "Man this is high, but actually very stable and easier to ride than my Smax". Accelerating is effortless and it just goes.. just like promised, but there is no way I dared to give it all out lean.

I just had to accept the slack, it doesn't bother me when riding onward, but I really feel it when playing around. A friend printed me some EMA-bushings, but I'll slap them in later. I gotta open gate when I arrive home standing on wheel, things like these the slack is annoying. Probably will also annoy on technical riding. Otherwise it is very solid, after loosening the suspension the wheel felt alive under me and the most enjoyable ride I have ever had.

What can I say.. Master dares you to be stupid, I totally love it <3

Ohh and the air shock Kuba suggested me to use is Rockshox Monarch RT3 190x51mm, there are 2 variations. I got the 2021+ model which got debonair can as default.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Cerbera said:

Does anyone think that is being made worse by the stock CST tyre ?

It definitely is. You got good tips already, but if you’re planning on replacing the tire anyway, maybe don’t wait too much. The behavior of the C-186 does change a bit after some 100-150 miles, but it’s not going to turn into a different tire.

Personally I didn’t like the City Extra all that much, but it sure fits city riding so much better than the C-186!

7 hours ago, mrelwood said:

You got good tips already, but if you’re planning on replacing the tire anyway, maybe don’t wait too much.

Now might be my chance ! Dunno if you saw my other thread about it, but my Master is down already with a mysterious noise that I just cannot pinpoint.

The symptoms seem largely the same as in this thread, but whereas his problem turned out to be slightly twisted footplate hangars, mine seem pretty damn straight, and I can pass a thin envelope between the hub and the rest of it all the way round on both sides, so I just cannot imagine what else could be causing my grindy rubbing noise once per revolution of the tyre unless it's a bearings thing, and I rather dread that being the case...

Edited by Cerbera
  • Sad 1

I received a Master on Thursday. It took several days to prep it for service. Out of the box it seems fairly water resistant. Begode used silicone washers on the screws that hold the plastic top cover on. They also put silicone rings on the charge plugs where they pass through the top cover. All of the wires that pass into the controller box have silicone grommets. I put velcro where Begode had double back tape. 

Initial ride was yesterday. Was only planning on fritzing about in the front yard but ended up with a 10 mile trip. Went over to the street that has a radar display of vehicle speed and calibrated EucWorld. Then went ripping it on the steep trails in the park by my house. Traction was a little sketchy. My master came with the street tire. 

I've never seen, much less ridden a suspension wheel. It felt like walking in deep powder in moon boots. It definitely feels different. On this first outing I ended up going 36 mph. This is the corrected value. No beeps. I was cranking the acceleration and braking. I did get the battery to sag a little. My version is the 40t. Never did slip the motor. I've slipped the motor on my ex.n ht a few times . Looking forward for more riding. I would like to use this as my commuter but picking it up is difficult. I'll try and figure it out. 

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Unipilot69 said:

I received a Master on Thursday. It took several days to prep it for service. Out of the box it seems fairly water resistant. Begode used silicone washers on the screws that hold the plastic top cover on. They also put silicone rings on the charge plugs where they pass through the top cover. All of the wires that pass into the controller box have silicone grommets. I put velcro where Begode had double back tape. 

Initial ride was yesterday. Was only planning on fritzing about in the front yard but ended up with a 10 mile trip. Went over to the street that has a radar display of vehicle speed and calibrated EucWorld. Then went ripping it on the steep trails in the park by my house. Traction was a little sketchy. My master came with the street tire. 

I've never seen, much less ridden a suspension wheel. It felt like walking in deep powder in moon boots. It definitely feels different. On this first outing I ended up going 36 mph. This is the corrected value. No beeps. I was cranking the acceleration and braking. I did get the battery to sag a little. My version is the 40t. Never did slip the motor. I've slipped the motor on my ex.n ht a few times . Looking forward for more riding. I would like to use this as my commuter but picking it up is difficult. I'll try and figure it out. 

How were the high pedals?  Easy to get used to?

I went on my first real ride today with some eskate friends and I'm really liking this wheel. It's my first suspension wheel so I can't really give much of an opinion about that aspect of it. My favorite part of having suspension is probably preloading it and finally being able to pogo up full size curbs, I was never quite good enough at jumping to get over taller curbs before. Coming from skateboarding with 95mm skate board wheels the jump from that to an 18in wheel is way bigger then the comfort that suspension adds. So I could probably skip on the suspension altogether and go for giving it actual handle.  I did set the stock suspension to 400psi though so I wasn't going for comfort. I'm going to give myself some more time to get used to the wheel before I do dumb stuff like try to beat my record for number of stairs ridden down but I have a feeling it will just bottom out after the first few and not help all that much with that. I really love the pedals the spikes are great, stepping back on my RS the peddles just feel so sad. And with the 40T cells i'm getting great range. I was at 90% after my short ride of hard riding, normally I would have been at least 80% on my RS by that point. I'm not a long distance rider so it's more then I need. Plus there is the small things like not having the fan to deal with, and the easy to access valve stem (idk if it's just mine but my RS's valve stem is so hard to get to I'm convinced it's bent incorrectly)

I think this might be the last wheel I get for a long time it's pretty much the perfect one for me. Now to see if I can't figure out how to build a proper handle for it. 

1 hour ago, Unipilot69 said:

I would like to use this as my commuter but picking it up is difficult.

It really isn't design to be picked up at all. Its something reviewers mention but I didn't really understand until I actually interacted with it. It doesn't feel to heavy when you pick it up but the top doesn't have anything the feels sturdy enough to grab onto. Grabbing the lights feels sketchy because it moves them and I just don't know how strong that part is. Grabbing the suspension/tail light is a no go, I already smashed one of my finger in the suspension setting it down after trying that. Grabbing the kick stand means you need to grab it some where in the front to counter it and the entire front being made of the wrap around side pads means you can't grab that either with out ripping the stock side pads off.

I have taken to grabbing it by the pedals (the hexes make them easy to grab when they are closed) and lifting from there. Only problem is then you have to balance it because you are lifting below the center of mass and it wants to fall over.

1 hour ago, wstuart said:

How were the high pedals?  Easy to get used to?

I love the high pedals, only problem is I have hit my head on things serval times since I'm not used to being that much taller. I have noticed though that when jumping I'm having trouble keeping the wheel vertical and I tend to end up leaning a bit to much forward and causing the wheel to over spin briefly before I land. I think this might be due to the extra height of the pedals magnifying any sloppiness on my part. 

• Like 2

As far as high pedals are concerned, takes a day or two to get use to. It is weird at first but more riding and mounting you do on it it is a breeze. Love this thing. The only thing im having issue is finding out my speed since darknessbot has been hit or miss lately with the speed alarms . I think my app is under reporting speed measurements, and not beeping when i want it to beep. Thing is so cushy on the roads. 

• Like 1

Water resistance is not good at all, motor cable goes down In front of wheel without a shape on the control box, roughly over the edge.. All Water can push in when driving on rain.

Haven't done teardown all the way though, but I tested the V2 to work with one battery disconnected and checked mobo control box Water proofing. The top "seal" is not waterproof either. One of top screw rubber seal was broken and I had to change it for another.

This wheel will need completely taping of mobo box if not silicone + taping. Also battery box screw holes and both ends. 

Today I will try Ptfe on sliders. 

• Sad 1