V12 Cutout tracking

Richardo

Super sad as I just spent hours installing my new board to my v12 and it failed, I worked meticulously installing it too.  I did notice after screwing in the mosfets I was getting conductivity on several screws, so I used the new screws provided, and reapplied the thermal ribbon and that solved that issue.  I turned the wheel on and heard a very light pop and the wheel balanced with no lcd screen for a minute… that was it.  When I turned it on again there is nothing. I will take it apart next week and diagnose the problem when I’m back in the studio. Super disappointed.

• Sad 4

9 minutes ago, Mrd777 said:

Super sad as I just spent hours installing my new board to my v12 and it failed, I worked meticulously installing it too.  I did notice after screwing in the mosfets I was getting conductivity on several screws, so I used the new screws provided, and reapplied the thermal ribbon and that solved that issue.  I turned the wheel on and heard a very light pop and the wheel balanced with no lcd screen for a minute… that was it.  When I turned it on again there is nothing. I will take it apart next week and diagnose the problem when I’m back in the studio. Super disappointed.

Its probably time to put this out.

Do not ride your V12 with a new board. There seems to be an issue with the new boards. There will be more information soon and your distributors will get to you too.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Mrd777 said:

I did notice after screwing in the mosfets I was getting conductivity on several screws, so I used the new screws provided, and reapplied the thermal ribbon and that solved that issue.

If a screw has conductivity with a mosfet, then you would remove the screw and check for continuity between tab of the mosfet and the heatsink. If there is no continuity then either an insulating washer wasn't used or the washer cracked. The video below gave the warning of over tightening the screws.

Timed stamped. 

Edited by techyiam
  • Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, rolis said:

Its probably time to put this out.

Do not ride your V12 with a new board. There seems to be an issue with the new boards. There will be more information soon and your distributors will get to you too.

Wow, that is nuts. I hope you are wrong. Somehow, I have a feeling you are not.

7 minutes ago, techyiam said:

If a screw has conductivity with a mosfet, then you would unscrew it and check the continuity between tab of the mosfet and the heatsink. If there is no conductivity then either an insulating washer wasn't used or the washer cracked. The video below gave the warning of over tightening the screws.

Timed stamped. 

I like this.  A lot !   (not)

No, absolutely no protection against static electricity. 
Handling sensitive electronic components on something similar 
to a kitchen table, walking around on a vinyl floor or similar 
with a plastic coating, this is really good for building static 
electricity that can fry any component or add damage that first 
appears when you lie with your head on the asphalt. 
This is DIY at its best.
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, techyiam said:

If a screw has conductivity with a mosfet, then you would remove the screw and check for continuity between tab of the mosfet and the heatsink. If there is no continuity then either an insulating washer wasn't used or the washer cracked. The video below gave the warning of over tightening the screws.

Yes well aware, I adjusted this and checked three times each screw with a multimeter. I made sure there was complete isolation before installing. I know what I was doing as I used to build battery packs and ebikes, I was confident on my work…  I’ll find out what happened, and install my old board if everything checks out. Let’s see

• Like 3

Just got the V12 back, gonna go out for a ride see if I can reach top speed! JK will walk it and maybe ride slow in the basement corridor for now.

RobertDowneyJrFacepalmGIF.gif.5d2044540c32a2e84da4910461d9d356.gif

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Bruce_dubby said:

Does anyone know how the board/software issues will affect the HT? and/or does anyone have a HT that can give any insight on their experience?

All this mess is mainly about the new V12 HS boards. But there were some V12 HT issues, too.

How many % of riders are affected by each... too early to tell? I'm getting confused.

• Upvote 1

I am f5ing this thread with alarming regularity right now. Thank god its not a very popular topic in the grander scheme of things, or clickbait writers could make a mint off of me.

Meanwhile, now that the weather is nice I am riding this damn thing more than ever. 

7 minutes ago, Bruce_dubby said:

You and me both my friend. Just that I have the HT on pre-order and I just don't know if I should cancel.

First EUC? Absolutely cancel. Only get a V12 if you have the money to buy another wheel that is actually proven reliable, or if you feel like riding EUC is not dangerous enough/too boring and want random cutouts to make your experience more interesting. :D

• Sad 2
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Silverfish said:

I am f5ing this thread with alarming regularity right now. Thank god its not a very popular topic in the grander scheme of things, or clickbait writers could make a mint off of me.

Meanwhile, now that the weather is nice I am riding this damn thing more than ever. 

I have been riding my v12 heavily for the past few weeks. Waiting to hear from ewheels about replacements is nearly maddening. They do answer when i bug them, but then never follow up. At this point like i have mentioned in other posts, i am just going to ride my wheel. Everyone got their damn money from me for this wheel, but none of the parties that cashed in even communicate out the bare min of what is going on. Thank god we have an active community or many of us would not even know what is happening. Anyway.. I spent the cash.. I am going to just try to enjoy the wheel and gear up as much as possible when riding in hopes to avoid any cutout or injury

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, conecones said:

First EUC? Absolutely cancel. Only get a V12 if you have the money to buy another wheel that is actually proven reliable, or if you feel like riding EUC is not dangerous enough/too boring and want random cutouts to make your experience more interesting. :D

@Bruce_dubby This is, sadly, the right answer. Nothing worse than not trusting the thing you ride. If you are a new rider and paid a lot of money, that makes it even worse. You don't want to sour yourself on the fantastic joy that EUCs are.

Maybe an RS HT?

It's depressing because the V12 ticks so many of the right boxes and is pretty much the ideal first wheel for so many people. I guess we have to wait a few more months for that? (Same for the V11 which seems to have quality troubles in the latest few production runs. Otherwise such a good entry if you don't want a mega performance wheel.)

Edited by meepmeepmayer
  • Upvote 3