Mango

51 minutes ago, 2disbetter said:

Honestly as a noob myself, the V13 is a very rideable wheel. Being big is difficult to begin with but as your muscles grow you will find it easier than you think. I am finding that the V13 breeds confidence because of how balanced it is. 

Tomorrow with all of my safety gear on I plan to finally break the 70 km/h / 42 mph speed on mine. I'm confident that the wheel will handle it well. 

I did recently get some Grizzla Flow pads for it. But so far I haven't taken off the stock pads as I'm used to them. But I think before I do the run I'll Def switch. 

When you are on a wheel that can go 70km/h -43miles/h with no issue even at 20% battery you bet it breeds confidence. I have to ride on the road with the cars here in London and, oh boy, I always have to watch my speed and battery and I sweat a lot in those situations 😰 . I wish I had more bicycle paths, but this is London not Paris.

• Confused 1

41 minutes ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

The wheel is definitely much heaver which i expected but what i didn't expect was the wheel really wanting to stay upright even at low speeds.

That was exactly the same feeling for me when moving from V8 to V12-HT. Took me 6 weeks to become sufficiently comfortable and not needing to focus too extensively on riding it. I expect similar transition curve from V12-HT to V13 (which BTW is still lost in UPS' void).

Edited by HEC
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, HEC said:

(which BTW is still lost in UPS' void).

Very sorry to hear this, i hope it gets resolved soon and you can share your feedback.

I think we are right to waterproof this plug area since it's totally open to the rear tire throwing up stuff over the fender. I think the hot glue at the base with some

dielectric grease inside the plug should take care of it. Then if you need to replace it you can just unplug the plug. Dielectric grease is used in a lot of automotive plug type applications where you need to keep out moisture and dust. It's non conductive.

20230214-100051.jpg

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

I think we are right to waterproof this plug area since it's totally open to the rear tire throwing up stuff over the fender. I think the hot glue at the base with some

dielectric grease inside the plug should take care of it. Then if you need to replace it you can just unplug the plug. Dielectric grease is used in a lot of automotive plug type applications where you need to keep out moisture and dust. It's non conductive.

20230214-100051.jpg

This is really poor design to have the whole tail light panel and cabling so exposed! It looks to me like some protective cover was left out or some other part was redesigned later on during transition to manufacturing. I'll look into either printing some protective cover or using some rubber or plastic sheet to create one. With all the salt around here it will be eaten in one winter season. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

Very sorry to hear this, i hope it gets resolved soon and you can share your feedback.

I’m not surprised. I also found water in my V12 after riding in the rain in the top back area directly over the charger (there is nothing in-between the two overlapping pieces of plastic to stop water going there and produce a short). I wasn’t ready then, but next time when I’ll open it up I’ll add a bead of silicon. The V12 is not as water protected as most are left with the impression by the enthusiastic reviewers. The front area where the display is situated is also exposed and right underneath you can see the board area. The water can get there with no problem. Just as for all Chinese products, it is advised to put a bag on top.

12 minutes ago, HEC said:

printing some protective cover

The problem with that is that the area in question is for air to run out the back over the heat sink at the base of the board, i wouldn't be worried about the board but as soon as you turn on that headlight, both fans turn on.

1 hour ago, novazeus said:

just because i link a video of a guy riding a v13 in the v13 thread, doesn't mean i approve or disapprove of his actions or vocabulary. i didn't even notice "bad" language. i did notice how effortlessly he freemounted the wheel, which is my next hurdle.

Only church approved language, or he will be excommunicated 😝

i have a problem with humans telling other humans what they should or should not do. and forcing their will on others. he's probably safer with no gear on than i am fully covered on my road. 

Fun fact: he is the one pretending he forgot his gear home 😂

i have a problem with humans telling other humans what they should or should not do. and forcing their will on others.

Yes, that scares me and I see it everywhere. Folk who want to control others when it shouldn't be any of their business. If a dude on youtube swears and you don't like it, stop watching. There is a shit ton of intolerance from a few conservative folk here who just aren't happy with anything that isn't internal combustion engine cars, big business, destruction of the environment, and church.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

The problem with that is that the area in question is for air to run out the back over the heat sink at the base of the board, i wouldn't be worried about the board but as soon as you turn on that headlight, both fans turn on.

I didn't mean to cover the gap, just to create extra layer over the taillight board. But until then I'll most likely start with applying hot glue around the base of the socket and wrapping the plug & socket by the tape. All also wrap the cables where the isolation is stripped to expose inner leads. Those should have been heat shrink wrapped during manufacturing. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, novazeus said:

i know that i should cut myself some slack because i just started riding again after 4 years off, but i've come to the conclusion, everybody rides better than me.

It’s a mystery how some people can avoid judging others but can’t avoid judging themselves. Hmmm.

11 hours ago, Paul A said:

Airplane mode is turned on all the time for this phone dedicated to just for the EUC.

Airplane mode does connect and communicate with the wheel. 

Try it for yourself and see if it works as well for another make/model.

Fun off-topic fact, since android 10 the "Airplane mode" maintains Bluetooth connections due to heavy statistical usage. Mostly plane passengers using headphones while on the plane. These days though, I rarely hear the announcement to put phones on "airplane mode". 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, onizukagto said:

Fun off-topic fact, since android 10 the "Airplane mode" maintains Bluetooth connections due to heavy statistical usage. Mostly plane passengers using headphones while on the plane. These days though, I rarely hear the announcement to put phones on "airplane mode". 

Plus, on older versions you'll simply turn the airplane mode on, then reactivate BT.

9 minutes ago, novazeus said:

i just wonder why atgatt is so laxatative.

Over confidence? Aged related forgetfulness? Or just plain laziness? I won't lie, putting on your gear at 6am-7am every morning can be tiresome. 

I wish there was more discreet types of gear, so it won't be so troublesome taking it off/on when I'm back at the office. 

But I think at speeds the V13 can do, you'll be a daft sod to not consider spending a few minutes to put on gear then to spend a longer time at the hospital. All in perspective. 

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, onizukagto said:

Over confidence? Aged related forgetfulness? Or just plain laziness? I won't lie, putting on your gear at 6am-7am every morning can be tiresome. 

I wish there was more discreet types of gear, so it won't be so troublesome taking it off/on when I'm back at the office. 

But I think at speeds the V13 can do, you'll be a daft sod to not consider spending a few minutes to put on gear then to spend a longer time at the hospital. All in perspective. 

Before covid, I drove my EUC every day back and forth to work for a year. I wore a set of slim kneepads under my pants and could slip them on in 10 seconds or less. I never took them off at work during the day: they were practically invisible and quite comfortable. They had latex strips on the inside so they stayed in place on bare skin without using tight straps, even in a fall. I have crashed with them but only tore a hole in my pants on the knee - I felt nothing otherwise . They are much slimmer irl than the photos, especially compared to Leatt Dual-Axis knee guards. Despite having a hard shell, the fabric made them comfortable and with little friction on the inside of trousers. Unfortunately, TLD has discontinued them, but a similar set may be available from them or another manufacturer.

Putting on a motorcycle jacket requires 15-30 seconds. The only items left are your wristguards and helmet, which should not take more than a minute or so to put on. 

For extra safety, I also wore these ankle guards all day which take me less than 1-2 minutes to put on after years of practice. I still wear them every time I ride, but no longer need to wear them at "work" since I am remote.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Cerbera said:

Yes me too. But living as I do, in ever-increasing fear of the hobby being regulated out of existence, it does dishearten me when I see videos like this, where the safety aspect is acknowledged, but ignored regardless. And of course he is free to wear no armour at whatever speed he likes.

where i live, the govt doesn't care if u die, injuring somebody else or property damage will raise eyebrows.

https://www.fox4now.com/news/local-news/investigates/florida-remains-deadliest-state-for-bicyclists

• Sad 1

I ordered some pads from Poland almost a month ago. They shipped out maybe 10 days ago, and a day or two later I got the notice from FedEx "your package is delayed due to operational reasons" "sorry no ETA". I didn't really care that much, because my wheel hasn't even shipped out yet, so I just kinda put it on the mental backburner, "yep FedEx being FedEx again :sleep1:"

Three days later, another notice. "Sorry, your package is delayed due to operational reasons" "no ETA" tracking says it's still in the same place somewhere in Germany. "Whatever, don't really care", I think.

Today, pads arrive at my house, in USA. :confused1: So uhh, yeah. I know there's a few of you in here who are dealing with wheels mysteriously lost in transit. I hope it randomly arrives for you tomorrow.

Wonder when my wheel will ship out though. The weather here in Michigan has been unseasonably nice for the past week and I can't stop thinking, "darn, it sure would've been nice to have my V13 to play with this week!"

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, novazeus said:

this is about motorcycles but with wheels being used on roads, i think alot of this is applicable to us, esp with the faster wheels like the v13.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_findings_in_the_Hurt_Report

Sometimes the comedically apposite names these people have must be more than coincidence :D

13 hours ago, soulson said:

The weather here in Michigan has been unseasonably nice for the past week and I can't stop thinking, "darn, it sure would've been nice to have my V13 to play with this week!

Yeah, same here, after weeks of rain, cold and extreme wind the weather finally got better and if my V13 would arrived last Friday as originally anticipated, I would have a whole week if perfect weather to test it out ... well ...

Edited by HEC
  • Sad 1