Mango

2 hours ago, Eyss said:

The bigger wheel would make it harder to accelerate up wheel I imagine. 

The overpowering comment is weird though. Maybe he was too used to his mten4?

300 N-m is a lot of torque. And he is claiming he was over powering it a lot more than he would have on the S22. We are NOT talking about thrust.

2 hours ago, techyiam said:

300 N-m is a lot of torque. And he is claiming he was over powering it a lot more than he would have on the S22. We are NOT talking about thrust

Might be a power thing rather than torque then. 

But begs the question about the v13. It doesn't have range, power, portability, torque, tire options or maneuverability. 

Suspension is passable from the sounds of things. Maintenance is simple for some jobs but a full disassembly is a lot. 

Build quality looks good but you'd only know after a couple of month.

Doesn't really align with my ride style, I don't go fast but like being able to maneuver and accelerate / brake well. 

The local community rents a go kart track once a month so I'll probably take the v13 to that and see how I feel about it after that. 

• Like 1

I am amazed that people try out a new wheel without even attempting to tweak the suspension to suit the riders weight before setting out. This V13 had a known issue where the top suspension couldn’t be adjusted on one side I believe. Might explain why he was bottoming out at times. I’m a noobie and wouldn’t even try a wheel with that speed without going through a set up first, air plus app settings. Maybe once I can ride better you could get away with it

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Stevebee said:

This V13 had a known issue where the top suspension couldn’t be adjusted on one side I believe.

The "issue" was that Marty broke one of the dampening adjustments which wouldn't effect bottoming out. Only shock pressure would and the only bottoming out i have seen is when Kuji dropped off a 1 meter rock. He should have had more pressure in it if he was planning on doing that height. Marty should have fixed the part he broke before giving it to others for review, kind of BS. Also I'm sure he broke it just adjusting it and not forcing it after it stopped......:lol:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

Marty should have fixed the part he broke before giving it to others for review, kind of BS.

I'm pretty sure it is ewheels that owns the wheel and is paying for the shipping label and choosing which reviewers get it in what order.

It seems like there's a tight timeline where each reviewer only has it for a strictly limited period and then off it goes to the next reviewer.

There is no time to wait for parts for something like this that doesn't affect the ability of the wheel to at least function.

• Upvote 1

Inmotion sent out a wheel, via ewheels, for testing / reviews. If a part was not functioning or broken, Im sure they would, if asked, send out a new part immediately as it’s in their interest to do so. I know it gets passed from influencer to influencer but surely it’s not too much to expect that they at least try to set it up for the rider. We had the farcical situation where Dawn, a great high speed rider, couldn’t get past 33 mph due to the wrong set up in the app when Marty gave her the wheel. Next video, and a few settings later, she’s at 56 mph

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, Paul A said:

Might be because the wheel is going to Chooch?

lol, no. It went to several others after it was broken. I'm not sure what's going on with Chooch. It's unfortunate though because his reviews seem to take the wheels through their paces off road. Which would have been nice to see.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Eyss said:

Might be a power thing rather than torque then. 

But begs the question about the v13. It doesn't have range, power, portability, torque, tire options or maneuverability. 

Suspension is passable from the sounds of things. Maintenance is simple for some jobs but a full disassembly is a lot. 

Build quality looks good but you'd only know after a couple of month.

Doesn't really align with my ride style, I don't go fast but like being able to maneuver and accelerate / brake well. 

The local community rents a go kart track once a month so I'll probably take the v13 to that and see how I feel about it after that. 

Yeah I've been following all the current wheels from their announcement dates and it seems like some wheels turned out much better than expected (Sherman S, commander pro) while others were a bit of a let down (v13). Don't get me wrong, all the tech in the wheel needs to stay, but everything else about it just seems to be passable at best. I'm not saying it's a bad wheel, but compared to all the hype and claims it isn't even close.

• Haha 1

@MrMonoWheel

The cold weather effects range and performance as it dose with electric cars.  We will see better performance in the summer.  Also give the wheels a chance to break in.

@Cerbera

Cerbera is having concerns about even charging his wheel because of how cold it’s been.   

Edited by Josiah

1 hour ago, Josiah said:

Cerbera is having concerns about even charging his wheel because of how cold it’s been.   

Yes, but charging is one thing - riding is another. Even in the very cold - like -15C etc we can ride, with only a minimal drop-off in performance, and a more significant drop-off in range, but no actual damage is done, and the risk of being dropped is only very minimally greater. However charging should never be done sub zero at all, or so I have read in all the places that should know best, although I don't think anyone has ever explained to me why electrons can flow in one direction so readily yet not in the other...

I am over-cautious, and have so much range in my battery pack for the kind of rides I do that I never need to charge in a hurry, so can always wait for the temps to be 3 degrees or higher before I do, which is my general default threshold for these things :)

Now the cost of living is so punitively high I tend to live in, and majorly heat just 1 room at the moment, and I only heat the lounge to around 5 degrees higher than outside just to keep the damp off it, and it is only since then that I have to worry about it - back when electricity / gas prices weren't the same as the rent every month I never had to care as the whole house could be heated properly !

Edited by Cerbera
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

Also I'm sure he broke it just adjusting it and not forcing it after it stopped......:lol:

there's a stop that I can tell when it is fully open and shut... I am guessing he over torqued it.. i mean.. it snapped off... :mellow:

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, MrMonoWheel said:

some wheels turned out much better than expected (Sherman S,with the bad bearings and blown shock seal,also the shocks rubbing on the battery walls and the pedals that you can't keep your feet on. commander pro) while others were a bit of a let down (v13) with no issues yet to date except some nobody giving his opinion about the torque.

FTFY  :efee612b4b:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

ya

7 minutes ago, conecones said:

I don't mean to repeat myself, but this is exactly the kind of distracting, baseless comments that should be ignored and why I brought up Kuji's review being superior to these other "reviews" from people describing a feeling. Torque is torque, there is no special "climbing torque". In Kuji's video, he showed that he was able to accelerate on par with Master. The Master Pro and V13 also made it up this hill(can't find the video right now but its the same hill Jack's EX30 review): https://youtu.be/AQqzukZx3WU&t=1m35s

There is already enough useful evidence from capable testers to prove this wheel's capabilities. I like Dawn's content overall but that video of her head-scratching initial impression of the V13 due to settings mix-up was straight up disappointing. Like c'mon now, how about you figure out how to use the wheel before making a "review" video and confusing people. Anyone who has used InMotion's app from any of their other wheels (V8F and up) will know about this feature (used to be called "Sensitivity", which made more sense actually).

Here's some videos of V13 abuse just for fun:
https://t.me/mono_man/12627
https://t.me/mono_man/12628
https://t.me/mono_man/12629

Again, this comment is just another reason to not take these baseless opinions seriously. I've not seen video evidence of anyone being able to overpower the V13.
BTW, MTen4 has nothing torque. I can cut it out on flat ground with no pads. It easily runs out of torque on even  small inclines.

ya, i agree. if inmotion wants a range test, let me do it on my half mile long private road.(when i master u-turns) or stopping every half mile and starting again.

i bet i get 90 miles out of it with 15 mph average. still 5 times faster than walking. 

the way these range tests are done, it's like comparing my cordless chainsaw cutting oak or cutting pine. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, conecones said:

I don't mean to repeat myself, but this is exactly the kind of distracting, baseless comments that should be ignored and why I brought up Kuji's review being superior to these other "reviews" from people describing a feeling.

You are free to do you, and I do me.

I watched Roger's video, and I choose what I think is worth gleaning from.

27 minutes ago, conecones said:

I don't mean to repeat myself, but this is exactly the kind of distracting, baseless comments that should be ignored and why I brought up Kuji's review being superior to these other "reviews" from people describing a feeling.

Roger only provided one data point. Others will provides theirs.

29 minutes ago, conecones said:

Torque is torque, there is no special "climbing torque". In Kuji's video, he showed that he was able to accelerate on par with Master.

Thrust is not the same as torque. 

• Like 1

On 1/18/2023 at 6:19 PM, Punxatawneyjoe said:

https://www.vesselfinder.com/vessels/details/9516428

Looks like Jan 28 to arrive in Long beach. He sent that yesterday.

i guess jason was confused. i sent him another email today and he said mine had moved from the time traveling ship, to the one urs is on. 

i would guess a week for customs, and another week to ship.

he'll probably be shipping my v13 on 2-13-2023, with arrival at the ranch, hopefully, no trust in fedex, the 17th.

maybe my thumb will be healed by then. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, conecones said:

When I get my own V13 I can validate this for myself but I am in no way concerned about Roger's comment because I choose to accept data points that aren't baseless.

No question that you should do you.

I am pretty sure most V13 owners will be happy with their purchase, should they give it enough time to acclimate.

It is a 22" wheel with a lot of rotational inertia. 

I think it is a solid wheel. Despite what many have said about the suspension, my own personal experience say otherwise for my use case.

Each individual will evaluate to their best abilities or less to  make a purchase. 

My concern with the V13 is not power nor torque. My concern is pedal sensitivity and which is the best power pad to put on for my use case.

Having experience on my Abrams, I can clearly understand that even my Abrams has more torque and power than I need for my use case for now. But the problem is how to access it without too much effort. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 1/20/2023 at 9:17 AM, techyiam said:

Apparently, Roger discovered that the V13 has less climbing torque than the S22

It came from this video; start at 1hr 50mins in:

Edited by Uras