Mango

1 hour ago, dangasaur said:

once Inmotion gets back from their holiday

Chinese New Year 2023 officially lasts for 15 days from Sunday, January 22 2023 to Sunday, February 5 2023. However, only the first seven days are considered a public holiday, from Sunday, January 22 to Sunday, January 29.

Chongqing- Chunyun, also known as the Chinese New Year Migration, Spring Festival Travel Rush, is the largest human migration on earth annually. Millions of people working or studying out of their hometowns will be hurrying home to reunite with families at this time.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

Yeah, I too will put up with a lot more weight for the extra ruggedness and safety. But I would appreciate one a bit smaller with slightly less power and range and price.

Sort of as T4 is to Master....

I think they choose the wrong dimension of tire for V13. I think a 20’ would’ve been just fine for the speed and range it has and it would had a lot less weight.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paul g said:

and going 125kmph

insane. I don't want to ride so fast. I still in love w/ S18 and 45 kmph max speed I set. I rode 60+ on new heavy wheels (master, shaman-s).. But it has so long over distance when brake. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Paul g said:

Yeah, wait and see how all the other producers make the new 135V wheel lines and Begode comes with the new 150V wheels with the plastic battery packs dangling on one side and the other and going 125kmph/77mph and everybody madly running to buy them  🤣🤣🤣

All jokes aside.. I see that happening and that makes me sad.. We need new wheels in 30-60 lbs mark. :D  

On 1/17/2023 at 12:38 PM, Rawnei said:

Thanks 🙏

Build quality looks great, they set the bar here, very professional.

Now they just need the same concept but at least 10kg lighter (preferably even more so) and I'm in, 2200Wh version maybe? But perhaps need to save weight in more places for that.

Make that more like ~25kg lighter.. :D  43kg still heavy ass wheel. :D Makes little to no difference 53 or 43 kg in my mind.

I would love to have V13, but in miniature form factor, around 25-30Kg. <3

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Funky said:

Make that more like ~25kg lighter.. :D  43kg still heavy ass wheel. :D Makes little to no difference 53 or 43 kg in my mind.

Oh it's a huge difference trust me, after 40kg each kg will a big OUF, that's my magic number no more than 40.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

Oh it's a huge difference trust me, after 40kg each kg will a big OUF, that's my magic number no more than 40.

Each their own.. My magic number is ~30kg. Mostly because i don't need speed/range. That's why it's 30kg. Doh yeah i could carry 40kg somewhat easy.. But i simply don't need that. :D That's why i would love to have mini V13 in 30kg range.

In my mind anything over 30kg be 40 or 70. You will need somewhat use both hands to carry it. So overall you ease of carrying it around, etc goes away over 30kg.. That's why i said it makes zero difference in my mind 43 vs 53. :D 

I personally could carry ~45kg one handed. (I tried some tests, also tried carrying bigger wheels in shop, before buying my 18xl..) It wasn't pleasant, but i could do it. I will take lighter wheel over speed/range anyday..

Edited by Funky

11 hours ago, Josiah said:

I thinks we’ve covered this topic here before.  Marty explains it well also. 

Just learned about this.

That's a bit lame. Did Inmotion go with the wrong battery supplier, where you aren't even supposed to charge the cells fully? Are they just more careful and this applies to all cells? What about cell balancing, is it guaranteed?

Plus even a little extra range loss on a (fast!) wheel that needs all the battery it can get:(

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, Kingsong Russia said:

insane. I don't want to ride so fast. I still in love w/ S18 and 45 kmph max speed I set. I rode 60+ on new heavy wheels (master, shaman-s).. But it has so long over distance when brake. 

i look at wheels like clubs in a golf bag, ur allowed 14 and they're all different tools for different situations. 

a great, safe putter is all i need right now.

• Like 3

Marty video, PSA for V13.

All charging stops when one cell reaches 4.185 volts.

Best case, if all cells are 4.185..........30 * 4.185 = 125.55 volts........not 126 volts.

Marty has only observed 123-124 volts.

Maybe this is why the range of the V13 is low?

It does not fully charge.

• Like 3

I think all flagship wheels should have 3600+ Wh battery packs. For advanced riders, the additional weight would not be a hindrance after the adjustment period, anyway.

Regarding not changing to full voltage, it doesn't bother me if the cells still get balanced. If it is for safety reasons, I am on board.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1