Ive decided to start losing weight

Cloud

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/18/2016 at 6:37 PM, Cloud said:

Talking about doing the right thing for the wrong reason. 

I am so desperate to get more mileage out of my wheel, i have figured there is no other way but to reduce my weight. I seem to have gained about 3 kg in the last 4-6 weeks!! And i dont like where this is going. So as of today i am an a weight loss program. The scales are telling me I am 103kg! I have to be 90kg in 2 months - this is my goal. I will also be able to record the riding distance increase based on weight.

i did this before 4 years ago and i lost 45 lbs in 5 months. If i did it then i can do it now. I actually know an amazing weight loss program which is very easy to follow. Who wants to join in as a power partner?

The best way to lose weight and be healthy is to stop eating carbs and sugars. Yes, that includes honey, maple syrup, and whatever else that claims to be not like sugar but does the same thing as sugar. Just stay a way from it completely. When we compare ourselves with our human ancestors, our diets are alien. Our ancestors only ate meat, which they got from hunting, and fats. They got their energy from fat basically. Look up Ketogenic diet: the body can turn burn fat and turn it into sugar in the blood stream. There is no need to eat extra sugar. I know I sound insane with my rant but try to understand that the insane people are the pioneers of useful inventions. Also, read the book "sugar pure white and deadly."

I joined in (secretly) about 8 weeks ago. 
- I didn't say anything as I didn't know if I'd stick to it. 

At the start I weighed 14 stone 12, now I'm down to 14.2 stone thats a drop of 10 lbs, or 4,5kgs.  I've checked some before and 'during' photos, I can clearly see a difference. Today I had to drill a new hole in my belt!
I'd love to maintain a weight in the region of 13.5 stone, so still got some 'work' to do. 

The app has taught me I can eat whatever I like, just If I want a KFC for dinner, I have to have toast for breakfast.

No more snacking 
No garlic bread with meals, 
Ditching Pepsi and going for Pepsi Max 
Did you know a McDonalds milk shake carries as many calories as an additional burger? 

I'm walking about 7,000 steps a day, that gives me additional calories (although I rarely use them), Overall I'm very happy with my 2200 daily calorie target - It took some getting used to at the start.

Thanks to the OP and others for the 'kick start' 

2 hours ago, swvision said:

The best way to lose weight and be healthy is to stop eating carbs and sugars. Yes, that includes honey, maple syrup, and whatever else that claims to be not like sugar but does the same thing as sugar. Just stay a way from it completely. When we compare ourselves with our human ancestors, our diets are alien. Our ancestors only ate meat, which they got from hunting, and fats. They got their energy from fat basically. Look up Ketogenic diet: the body can turn burn fat and turn it into sugar in the blood stream. There is no need to eat extra sugar. I know I sound insane with my rant but try to understand that the insane people are the pioneers of useful inventions. Also, read the book "sugar pure white and deadly."

You are not crazy. I agree with this. This is actually part of the program i was describing

I lost 6 BMI points (i.e. 20kg) in about 9 months by essentially only eating less, estimated 60+% of I was eating before, and always drinking 250+ml water before eating, to be able to eat less without seriously starving, and entirely avoiding to eat pure fat (in particular also butter). Yet I don't eat low-fat products unless I like them, which is usually not the case. Now I am at (estimated) 85% of what I was eating 2 years ago (still rarely pure fat) and I am around or below BMI 22 since over a year. I essentially ended up to be more picky on food, reducing on and rejecting the food I don't like so much anyway, and reducing less, now close to none, the food I like a lot. Eating 1/2 of 1/3 of a piece/sweets now often feels perfect, where I would have eaten the entire piece before. 

I don't know any scientific evidence that eating no carbs is particularly helpful, but I am always happy to learn. Carbs might be bad for the teeth, but they have far less calories than fat or alcohol (for which I haven't changed drinking habits at all) and natural food like fruits can contain lots of carbs as well.

I lost 14.7 lbs since January 18th, even though it looks like I gained several pounds into February.   All I have done is be active every day.  Ride the wheel, or ride a bike, or try to ride a unicycle for about an hour a day.   I do drink a lot of water and I have a habit of not snacking between meals or drink soda or anything sugary.   Since spring 2015 I have lost about 30 pounds total.  I was a very inactive person at that time.  I went from 186 pounds spring 2015 to 155 pounds a few days ago.  

Window_and_Track_My_Weight_on_Fitbit.jpg

On 24 сентября 2016 г. at 6:22 PM, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

Okay @Cloud we need a scale photo update!  I saw a documentary called "That Sugar Movie" on Netflix a while back which was pretty eye opening.  I think they removed it from Netflix, but it was surprising to see how much sugar is in food that we consume.

You are putting salt to my wounds pal, i didnt have enough motivation and stopped following my regimen a couoke of months ago. And it didnt help that i went on vacation last week and let myself go eating whatever and in u limited quantities.  I am afraid to step on the scale. I think i pretty much have gone back to my original 100kg....but since this is quite shameful to admit, maybe this will motivate me to start again:) 

Kudos to @MoNo and @dpong for being victorious in the hardest battle of all - the battle with oneself.

1 hour ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

No salt intended!  :D. Just trying to help motivate you to get back on track.  I rather enjoyed seeng the scale photos with the numbers dropping.  If I didn't care about ya I wouldn't be pestering you so much now right?  ;)

Thank you! You are the bestest!!!!

I, too, intended to motivate, though I have not read the whole thread.  All I know is that for me, doing something that is active, and more importantly for me that is FUN, has been the key to whatever weight loss I have experienced.  For me the advice would be: find something that is active and FUN and it will be easy to keep doing that.  The emphasis is on fun.  Fun or quit.  I go with fun.  I don't like to give advice,so really I'm just trying to show what I do. Which is something fun.  You can do that, if you find it.  The fun thing.

1 hour ago, dpong said:

I, too, intended to motivate, though I have not read the whole thread.  All I know is that for me, doing something that is active, and more importantly for me that is FUN, has been the key to whatever weight loss I have experienced.  For me the advice would be: find something that is active and FUN and it will be easy to keep doing that.  The emphasis is on fun.  Fun or quit.  I go with fun.  I don't like to give advice,so really I'm just trying to show what I do. Which is something fun.  You can do that, if you find it.  The fun thing.

For me the fun part is to watch the numbers decrease on my scale and to feel lighter and more active, and also to fell i am less and less dependent on food. My orogram is great, it is the easiest i have seen and it works beautifully. The problem is that sometimes a get a bit depressed and stop caring and stop following the program.  Also, sometimes a bit of fun is not motivation enough to continue. But i can always start all over again. I did it once in the past, so i know i could do this again

7 hours ago, Cloud said:

The problem is that sometimes a get a bit depressed and stop caring and stop following the program.

Don't beat yourself up if this is happening once in a while. It happens to everyone and it doesn't mean that the program will be a failure. It might even be a good idea to embrace not following the program once in a while, just to remain more relaxed about it.

13 hours ago, dpong said:

I lost 14.7 lbs since January 18th, even though it looks like I gained several pounds into February.   All I have done is be active every day.  Ride the wheel, or ride a bike, or try to ride a unicycle for about an hour a day.   I do drink a lot of water and I have a habit of not snacking between meals or drink soda or anything sugary.   Since spring 2015 I have lost about 30 pounds total.  I was a very inactive person at that time.  I went from 186 pounds spring 2015 to 155 pounds a few days ago.  

Very interesting, I wouldn't have thought one could loose that much by just riding the wheel for one hour.  

• 1 year later...

5 day update:

1) The fatsecret app is good. I like it better than the Samsung fit thingy I tried before. Just looks nicer.

2) The first 3 days I targeted 1500 cal's and was able to hit that. Those were very hard days. Now on the 5th day I hit 1200 cal's for all 3meals and no snacks yet included, and it was fairly easy!

3) The 1500 cal target is a bit agressive IMHO. Calorie calculator that shows extreme weight loss ~1600 is good for anyone over 200lbs, and goes down to about 1450 when you hit 185. That's my schedule.  https://www.freedieting.com/calorie-calculator

4) Zig Zag method will be employed! I will target 1600 cal's and have 1 day for 2000 cal's. 

So far, in just 5 days, I dropped from 203 to 198.5 (about my usual over-weight , feel OK , avg). Being over 200 psychologically was affecting me and it's just enough were I can tell I am over where I want to be. It's going fairly fast and I can start to feel a difference today. I am targeting 183, which I haven't seen in a very long time. That should give my EUC +10% more distance ! If all goes well, I will continue to 175.

• 3 weeks later...

Update:

Just over 3 weeks into this, I am able to keep an average caloric intake under 1700, ranging from about 1550 to 2000.

I am now down 11 lbs.

I actually wanted to eat over the weekend to celebrate, and I just couldn't do it. Even when I got some ice cream, I got the small and my total caloric intake over the weekend was less than 1800 each day....and I still lost weight over the weekend.

I've never counted calories before (or felt I had to), but this really works.

Archived