Ive decided to start losing weight

Cloud

Talking about doing the right thing for the wrong reason. 

I am so desperate to get more mileage out of my wheel, i have figured there is no other way but to reduce my weight. I seem to have gained about 3 kg in the last 4-6 weeks!! And i dont like where this is going. So as of today i am an a weight loss program. The scales are telling me I am 103kg! I have to be 90kg in 2 months - this is my goal. I will also be able to record the riding distance increase based on weight.

i did this before 4 years ago and i lost 45 lbs in 5 months. If i did it then i can do it now. I actually know an amazing weight loss program which is very easy to follow. Who wants to join in as a power partner?

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holidays are the worst for me, plus the cold weather makes me want to stay inside and exercise less. I don't even ride my wheel as much as I'd like! I only have about 5 pounds to lose though so it's not too bad.

Think of it this way, you're not losing weight--you're gaining range! Good luck!

6 minutes ago, dmethvin said:

Holidays are the worst for me, plus the cold weather makes me want to stay inside and exercise less. I don't even ride my wheel as much as I'd like! I only have about 5 pounds to lose though so it's not too bad.

Think of it this way, you're not losing weight--you're gaining range! Good luck!

Thinking about it either way gives me a good feeling! Thanks!!!

Just now, Paulandjacquelyn said:

Start walking instead of riding lol.  Jk, but I guess these aren't going to be part of any exercise regimen lol.   In fact I am certain these is a pivotal point in human evolution that will have our future descendants wondering why they have no legs lol

They will still need legs to stand on the foot rests :) 

Cant start walking instead of riding. I dont think i can walk ever again after riding the wheel. Luckily my weight loss program doesnt require exercising.

Ring-shaped doughnuts aren't a bad idea... at least you get a reduced calorie intake with the middle part missing! :D

But in all seriousness, I found that I actually lost weight when I had a heavy breakfast (high protein), then skipped lunch and did an earlier dinner for 2 weeks. Just try to snack on something healthier late at night before bed. I wasn't trying to lose weight but was staying at a nice hotel and the buffet breakfast was quite good. So I crammed more food into the gut and skipped lunch. :P

I've been fighting weight my whole life.  I've had good luck on a couple programs.  The problem is to keep it off.  That takes a life style change.  I don't change very well.  I didn't get heavy over night.  Gain a little, loose it, gain it back plus a little.  Being in the military for years helped because two times a year you had to be weighed and measured to keep your job.  The one thing I know I can do to start loosing weight is to not eat after 4:00 at night.  Just that one thing gets me slowly loosing.  But will I?  Most likely not.  Evening and night are the only time I get to relax and eat.

I've been told my entire life that breakfast is the most important meal of the day.  That said, For me it is the one meal of the day I can skip and hardly notice.   The days I have something to do, I get up and get moving. Next thing you now its noon or one o'clock.

11 minutes ago, Colestien said:

The one thing I know I can do to start loosing weight is to not eat after 4:00 at night.  Just that one thing gets me slowly loosing.  But will I?  Most likely not.  Evening and night are the only time I get to relax and eat.

I've heard this one. Something about needing to have enough time to burn it off?

31 minutes ago, Cloud said:

Skipping a meal is good. But snacking is not:) not according to my program at least :) it works so beautifully, it only takes a week  to get used to , and then its an easy cruise :) 

Lol yeah snacking isn't good but in my case, I had dinner by 5pm since I skipped lunch... so a healthier snack before bed so that I don't wake up hungry. What's the program? :D

7 hours ago, Cloud said:

Talking about doing the right thing for the wrong reason. 

I am so desperate to get more mileage out of my wheel, i have figured there is no other way but to reduce my weight. I seem to have gained about 3 kg in the last 4-6 weeks!! And i dont like where this is going. So as of today i am an a weight loss program. The scales are telling me I am 103kg! I have to be 90kg in 2 months - this is my goal. I will also be able to record the riding distance increase based on weight.

i did this before 4 years ago and i lost 45 lbs in 5 months. If i did it then i can do it now. I actually know an amazing weight loss program which is very easy to follow. Who wants to join in as a power partner?

I actually thought about writing a post about this a while ago but figured it might seem a little vain and......'precious' to be talking about on a nearly all-male forum.

At my heaviest last year, I was 92kg. If you take into account I have little muscle and I'm only 5ft 10, that's quite overweight. I went on a very aggressive diet (1500 calories a day) and got down to 74kg. My snoring stopped, I looked great etc etc.

By the time my wheel came near the end of last year I had gone back up to 77.7kg.

I immediately (not for the wheel/range) got back on my diet and am now a trim 71kg. I'm CERTAIN the range on my Lhotz has improved quite a bit. It's not a placebo, but of course perhaps some of that improvement might just be that I've 'broken in' the battery and it's performing better than when I took it out of the box.

ANYWAY....I'm not a doctor or nutritionist so I'm not trying to speak from authority here. But my advice for losing weigh based on my amateur experience is the following:

1)You can talk ALL DAY about 'when' to eat, what to eat, which meals to skip etc. It doesn't matter. In the end it comes down to one thing and one thing only. CALORIES IN v CALORIES OUT. Unless you are an alien if the cals in are less than cals burnt, you'll be losing weight. That's why working out your BMR is important, as your BMR is the minimum amount of cals your body still burns each day even on a day when you do zero exercise/movement.

2)There is no such thing as 'starvation mode.' This is internet baloney. Well, it exists technically, but NOWHERE NEAR the level it's talked about in terms of its effects. People say, if you're a man, 'don't go below 1500 calories p.d. as you'll enter starvation mode and gain weight instead.' Absolute crap. There might be small changes in rate at first but you'll be losing weight and losing fast. And fat, not muscle. There is no bigger source of pseudo-scientific crap on the internet than stuff related to diet.

3)Exercise is overrated. I know that sounds like a weird thing to say but it's true. Exercise is great if you want to speed up the weight loss, and maintain great health and muscle development. But the bottom line is, it takes a HELL of a lot of exercise to burn off say, a plate of chips/fries. Restraint is so much more important. Running 5-miles might make you feel great but you're only burning approx 600 cals. If you have 1.5 chocolate bars afterwards as a treat then you might as well have not gone on the run.

4)You don't have to cut out alcohol but be warned if you're eating food whilst there is booze in your system, your body will not burn off the food anywhere near as efficiently as it priorities the conversion of Alcohol to Acetate. So if you can't give up the booze, avoid drinking whilst eating. (Or better still go full detox). I used to have 2-3 beers in the evening approx. 4 hours after my last meal as a treat.

5) Weigh yourself weekly not daily. Your weight makes loads of daily fluctuations due to hydration/glycogen levels/digesting food. 

I'm about 6ft & 92kgs (although at this time of the year in the UK, I'm wearing thick jacket, big boots, big hoodie, carrying laptop in a rucksack (I work in IT), I'm probably close to 100kgs on my EUC).

I've been the same weight for the last 4 years, so thats no bad thing, but I want to get to sub 80kgs - as other s have said, a 15% weight drop should help range if nothing else !

Last week I started on the healthy breakfast & green tea before I hit the coffee, I'm going for a heavier lunch & a light dinner/snack when I get home.

So Cloud, whats your magic secret (or is it a secret !???).:ph34r:

I could've said it better @Paddylaz. Fully support your 5 points which I practically applied last summer - autumn .

In May 2015 I was 85 kg, only 5 kg overweight, when I decided to go down to my ideal weight 73 kg. In October the goal was completed but because of some inertia I continued to go down and stop at 70 kg.

My advice to @Cloud...Don't be afraid to eat less, the body will still have plenty of energy. I had some summer days only with 400-500 cals/day and still maintaining my fitness routine. What happens is that when you get used to eat less, you actually kind of have less appetite which naturally leads to less desire to eat. When you reach that phase, occasionally overeating even for 3-4 days do not change the  weight...only makes you feel uncomfortable or sick.

Do not listen to people (writings, commercials, etc.) who have open or covered interest to sell more food, any gram visible body fat means unnecessary taken food...but good profit for someone else. 

Do not listen about complicated, sophisticated, top proven, secret (WOW!)..blah, blah systems...it's just a cold business to sell someone in need some bullshit.

Believe it or not but is that simple: energy in/energy out...just follow Paddylaz's 5 steps.

19 hours ago, playdad said:

....What's the program? :D

The program is called "Naturally Slim" and if you ask me its the best weight loss program in the world. Its not a diet ( they dont work long term), but rather a lifestyle change. If i were to sum it up in one sentence ( and the program is 10 hrs long) id say : its not what you eat, its when and how you eat.

they teach you good eating habits and basically you can eat almost anything you want, but they teach you when and how. The program works beautifully, i lost 45 lbs on it easily and kept it off for 3 years. The only reason i ve gained back about half of the weight i had lost was when i went on vacation several times and let myself go there. Everyone i know who was on this program lost 10lbs , 20lbs or more ( and i know about 30 such people). I think its tailored for people with no willpower like myself :) 

16 hours ago, Paddylaz said:

1)You can talk ALL DAY about 'when' to eat, what to eat, which meals to skip etc. It doesn't matter. In the end it comes down to one thing and one thing only. CALORIES IN v CALORIES OUT. Unless you are an alien if the cals in are less than cals burnt, you'll be losing weight. That's why working out your BMR is important, as your BMR is the minimum amount of cals your body still burns each day even on a day when you do zero exercise/movement.

agreed, but body burns calories differently under different conditions. Also one needs help in reducing calorie intake. Simply telling someone to eat less wont make him slim. People have a hard time breaking old habits

2)There is no such thing as 'starvation mode.' This is internet baloney. Well, it exists technically, but NOWHERE NEAR the level it's talked about in terms of its effects. People say, if you're a man, 'don't go below 1500 calories p.d. as you'll enter starvation mode and gain weight instead.' Absolute crap. There might be small changes in rate at first but you'll be losing weight and losing fast. And fat, not muscle. There is no bigger source of pseudo-scientific crap on the internet than stuff related to diet.

i actually believe that body adjusts to the amount of calorie intake and enters starvation mode in a sense that the body will try to store fat "for a rainy day" so when one starts eating more again after a diet, the body will try to store more fat by thinking there is still famine in the land.

3)Exercise is overrated. I know that sounds like a weird thing to say but it's true. Exercise is great if you want to speed up the weight loss, and maintain great health and muscle development. But the bottom line is, it takes a HELL of a lot of exercise to burn off say, a plate of chips/fries. Restraint is so much more important. Running 5-miles might make you feel great but you're only burning approx 600 cals. If you have 1.5 chocolate bars afterwards as a treat then you might as well have not gone on the run.

agreed

4)You don't have to cut out alcohol but be warned if you're eating food whilst there is booze in your system, your body will not burn off the food anywhere near as efficiently as it priorities the conversion of Alcohol to Acetate. So if you can't give up the booze, avoid drinking whilst eating. (Or better still go full detox). I used to have 2-3 beers in the evening approx. 4 hours after my last meal as a treat.

actually the program i was on teaches to incorporate drinking into your meal ( if you do need to drink), for a different reason though. There is no snacking on this program and they want your calorie intake to happen with the meal, during the time when the burn is most efficient.

5) Weigh yourself weekly not daily. Your weight makes loads of daily fluctuations due to hydration/glycogen levels/digesting food. 

This is very true

25 minutes ago, playdad said:

Thanks for sharing...

But don't you need willpower just to follow the program? :P

You need willpower but less than what youd need with other programs. It was hard the first week for me and thenit was almost effortless

11 hours ago, DSeucist said:

I could've said it better @Paddylaz. Fully support your 5 points which I practically applied last summer - autumn .

In May 2015 I was 85 kg, only 5 kg overweight, when I decided to go down to my ideal weight 73 kg. In October the goal was completed but because of some inertia I continued to go down and stop at 70 kg.

My advice to @Cloud...Don't be afraid to eat less, the body will still have plenty of energy. I had some summer days only with 400-500 cals/day and still maintaining my fitness routine. What happens is that when you get used to eat less, you actually kind of have less appetite which naturally leads to less desire to eat. When you reach that phase, occasionally overeating even for 3-4 days do not change the  weight...only makes you feel uncomfortable or sick.

Do not listen to people (writings, commercials, etc.) who have open or covered interest to sell more food, any gram visible body fat means unnecessary taken food...but good profit for someone else. 

Do not listen about complicated, sophisticated, top proven, secret (WOW!)..blah, blah systems...it's just a cold business to sell someone in need some bullshit.

Believe it or not but is that simple: energy in/energy out...just follow Paddylaz's 5 steps.

Yes, thank you,i agree. I am not afraid to eat less, i am just out of practice/ habit to do so. I have to go back into following the " naturally slim" program. i basically started yeaterday and its going good so far :) 

4 hours ago, Cloud said:

Yes, thank you,i agree. I am not afraid to eat less, i am just out of practice/ habit to do so. I have to go back into following the " naturally slim" program. i basically started yeaterday and its going good so far :) 

If it works for you, that's the right think to do.

I'm in! Just don't know how yet ... taking the 5 points into consideration - my problem is not snacking, but eating lots when I eat - I usually only eat twice a day - at lunch and dinner. I can't eat breakfast - makes me feel bad. Maybe just a question of habit?

I have to weight myself but I think I'm 96 kg, 183cm

Lets do this

Manny

+1

I already lost about 10 kg, still 15 to go to reach my aimed weight. I was the same with not liking breakfast - but now I force myself to eat at least a slice of whole grain bread with butter and ham and/or cheese. This helps with not eating too much at the next meal or in the evening.

To keep track, I use fatsecret.com and I try to stay below 1500 kcal a day. An exception is Friday evening, when I reward myself for the week with a glass (or four) of wine and a packet of peanuts or Pringles (which shows up as 1 kg more on the scales the next day). Also on Sundays I often go up to 2000 kcal. By sticking to this scheme I loose half a kilo in one to two weeks, so there's steady progress. And I don't go to the gym regularly (though I should ...).

1500 kcal are not much - one slice of bread in the morning, one at midday, an apple and some grapes in the afternoon, lots of salad and a can of soup (400 ml) in the evening (or some chicken breast or some low calorie microwave instant meal). I'm often tempted to see what's in the fridge late in the evening - "just" resist!

Paddylaz got it exactly right, I think. I also don't believe in most of the things that make rounds on the net.

9 hours ago, Cloud said:

The program is called "Naturally Slim" and if you ask me its the best weight loss program in the world. Its not a diet ( they dont work long term), but rather a lifestyle change. If i were to sum it up in one sentence ( and the program is 10 hrs long) id say : its not what you eat, its when and how you eat.

they teach you good eating habits and basically you can eat almost anything you want, but they teach you when and how. The program works beautifully, i lost 45 lbs on it easily and kept it off for 3 years. The only reason i ve gained back about half of the weight i had lost was when i went on vacation several times and let myself go there. Everyone i know who was on this program lost 10lbs , 20lbs or more ( and i know about 30 such people). I think its tailored for people with no willpower like myself :) 

I need to try this system of eating better. I want to ride on the  euc longer but I weigh 108kg (I was 104kg when I first purchased the wheel). 

I have had my euc for about 2 months now. It's freezing cold outside and I know riding the device in such frigid weather isn't good for the battery (now -12°C as of writing this). When you add the windspeed, it will make the wheel and it's internals colder further decreasing the battery's charge. 

Man, losing weight in the winter is so hard :(

Allright, installed the fatsecret app (thanks for the tipp @Achim63) - already 1200 calories in, and its just past lunch.. :D guess my dinner is gonna be small :P

The app tells me to go for 2300 calories - should I follow that or just try to go for it for 1-2 weeks aiming for 1500 ?

Archived