Contest for the best looking wheel mods.

Cloud

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

I dont commented your Photo because there are no more words to say... I only questioned myself... 

Its your own fault @Norway Nr 1 its has been ok if you post one or two photos like everyone else but not hundreds of photos and tons of videos in almost every thread. That is really to much and a little bit annoying.... 

5 hours ago, WakefulTraveller said:

@esaj What did you do for the lights on the wheels? Are those simply reflective strips or what? By the way, very impressive build!

If you mean the "lights" on the rim in the video, those are reflective tape strips that were there already when I bought the Firewheel, it's just the phone flashlight reflecting from them. 

These are the actual lights I was meant to use with the project (sold as "Cree U7" in Aliexpress, 20W per piece, 2000-3000 lumens per piece):

NcUoqxS.jpg

That's taken in a fully lit room, but the camera goes bonkers because they're so bright ;)

The nice thing about those is that they take in 12-80V DC, so they can be powered straight from the batteries.

• 8 months later...
On 3/24/2016 at 11:37 PM, dbfrese said:

Nothing too fancy, just my Ninebot One E+ with matte black vinyl car wrap, blue marine vinyl covering on leg rests, black Plasti-Dip coating on the underside of the pedals, and two blue auto trim stripes on each side of the bot. Not too fancy, but I like the simplicity. Plus, the auto trim stripes should help protect the auto vinyl covering from minor scrapes and scratches.

IMAG0050 (2).jpg

How much do the shops charge for auto vinyl wrapping a wheel?  I would be interested in clear wraps if they were the sort of material that I have seen used on bras (car).  These go on like a second skin due to the cleaners, lubricants and applicators they use.  

On 1/20/2016 at 1:30 PM, Tyred said:

liking the red and black, especially the lasers

Could you tell me where in the photo to see the lasers? Thank you.

Whoops, SuperSport already explained:

They show laser lines on the road to designate your lane.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EQ13J66/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1 hour ago, Chris Westland said:

How much do the shops charge for auto vinyl wrapping a wheel? 

I don't know what they'd charge -- I just got some scrap vinyl from a wrap shop, but ended up getting more off of Amazon and did it myself. Some shops may not even want to be bothered, I suspect, because it is a small job with all the hard stuff -- lots of detail work and stretching. If you want to do it yourself, see the video I made detailing the instructions:

• 2 months later...
On 12/23/2016 at 10:30 PM, MaxLinux said:

Was changing "Lhotz" to "hot" a mod (if so, it's a pretty good one) or did the letters just happen to fall off?

The silver foil letters weren't on there too firmly so I selectively peeled them. They are all off now!

So, I've just finished the Mods to my Current wheel.  It's a GotWay MSuper V3 820Wh. I added the EL light rope around the battery covers, Painted the Battery Covers, Headlight and Button Bezels Flat Black, and added the Parking Bumpers and installed a Rubber Fender.  After that, I changed the shells to the Blue Ones.  These are the same blue color and rubber texture as the Monster.  I then changed the fender to the 3D Printed version, painted the Pedals and Trolley Handle Flat Black, and added the Carbon Fiber Trim to prevent scratching the pedals.  Enjoy!

Here is the Before with just the EL lighting, some carbon fiber and parking bumpers:

334p47n.jpg

Here is with the EL lighting and new Blue Shells.

2hcm2w9.jpg

157hsgy.jpg

efqm2f.jpg

4 hours ago, SuperSport said:

So, I've just finished the Mods to my Current wheel.  It's a GotWay MSuper V3 820Wh.

Superb! One beautiful wheel! Professional and classy looking! Such attention to detail! You win the trophy! 

You_Doodle_2017-03-13T10_24_58Z.jpg

On 3/13/2017 at 1:54 AM, SuperSport said:

So, I've just finished the Mods to my Current wheel.  It's a GotWay MSuper V3 820Wh. I added the EL light rope around the battery covers, Painted the Battery Covers, Headlight and Button Bezels Flat Black, and added the Parking Bumpers and installed a Rubber Fender.  After that, I changed the shells to the Blue Ones.  These are the same blue color and rubber texture as the Monster.  I then changed the fender to the 3D Printed version, painted the Pedals and Trolley Handle Flat Black, and added the Carbon Fiber Trim to prevent scratching the pedals.  Enjoy!

Very nice work, so much nicer than the original design. It may convince me to finally buy GW in the spring. How do you attach the EL wire to the shell?

6 hours ago, litewave said:

Very nice work, so much nicer than the original design. It may convince me to finally buy GW in the spring. How do you attach the EL wire to the shell?

I drilled through so I could feed the wire, and I used silicon to seal it.  I glued the wire into that groove on the panel.  That's why it's fairly straight.  If I upgrade to a 1600Wh, they don't have that groove, so I'm not sure what I'll do.  I may do what we did to my friends wheel on that same weekend, but I'd keep mine blue.  We put LEDs into his shell.  On the white it's kinda cool because it glows through at night.  But, Iike I say, I'll probably stay with the Blue and Black shell I've currently got.

His wheel might be the most expensive GotWay out there right now.  We installed about $1800 worth of Gadgets, Electronics, Mounts, etc onto/into this wheel!!!  :o

Todd_s_Wheel.jpg

Todds_wheel_front.jpg

Todds_wheel_back.jpg

Todds_wheel_top.jpg

On 3/13/2017 at 0:54 AM, SuperSport said:

Here is the Before with just the EL lighting, some carbon fiber and parking bumpers:

334p47n.jpg

Here is with the EL lighting and new Blue Shells.

2hcm2w9.jpg

157hsgy.jpg

efqm2f.jpg

Great mods on the wheels, what is the display on the side of the white one?  Is that a real fountain your wheel is in front of?  If so, it's pretty freaky:o

1 minute ago, steve454 said:

Great mods on the wheels, what is the display on the side of the white one?  Is that a real fountain your wheel is in front of?  If so, it's pretty freaky:o

The display is a Battery Monitor. It tells the voltage, amps used, battery remaining, etc...

Real fountain. It's in San Francisco, of course.  ?

Archived