Contest for the best looking wheel mods.

Cloud

How about a contest? Whose wheel modifications look the best?

Obviously, not all wheels were made to look equal, and the initial aesthetic advantages of some wheels over the other will need to be discounted.

The contest would be for the wheel modifications that enhance its looks - the person who has improved the look of his wheel the most will win. People can give from 1  to 5 points to any one who has posted pictures or to several people or to all. The wheel that gets the most points within 2 weeks wins. It may be a good idea to show before and after pics...

i will sponsor the contest with prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. 

3rd place will get bumper tape of the color of his choice

2nd place will get grip tape for foot rests

1st place will get front and back led lights and a pair of bike gloves

i dont have much to show for it, but just to start it off, here is a picture of my kingsong 14c with grip tape on pedals and white and black bumper tape, which i think gives it a bit more of a streamlined look...who is next?

Edit: one more rule. points given by contenstants themseves should not be count, whether given to their own wheel or another wheel, but they can of course post and share their votes.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ooooh, I already like where this is going.
Love mods. Am still thinking about what I want to do to my NBO and how I want it to look.
Will definitely mod it but somewhere in the future. 
Is there an end date for this contest?

21 minutes ago, Tyred said:

Ooooh, I already like where this is going.
Love mods. Am still thinking about what I want to do to my NBO and how I want it to look.
Will definitely mod it but somewhere in the future. 
Is there an end date for this contest?

I was thinking 2 weeks, but maybe we can extend? Lounds like you are coming up with something grand!

Ok my first post here on the forum!  New NB1 P.  Matt black and carbon fiber vinyl wrap.  Spray painted the accessory holder matte black as well.  The lights are from Exposure lights.  The headlight change depending on the ambient light outside.  I figure if batman had a wheel to ride this might be the one he choose :)

12299812_10208428876859159_851124312_o.jpg

bouble D-Ring belt, sony action cams, front light (battery under the handle), rearlight with breaklight function.

everything is hold in place through extrastrong velcro. for the cams i used additional velcro bands for security 

original orange outer ring, plasti-dip on the inside ring. pedals where black too, but it didn't hold too long ... i like tights turns, so i had to removed them after a week ... maybe vinyl wrap would hold longer

mu1.thumb.png.faf3ff2de25c6a58f64e82789c

mu2.png.f8e77c039d0978bea44f36465698a76b

2 hours ago, Soju said:

Ok my first post here on the forum!  New NB1 P.  Matt black and carbon fiber vinyl wrap.  Spray painted the accessory holder matte black as well.  The lights are from Exposure lights.  The headlight change depending on the ambient light outside.  I figure if batman had a wheel to ride this might be the one he choose :)

12299812_10208428876859159_851124312_o.jpg

My favorite is the batman wheel! Id give it 4.5 out of 5. Reason i wouldnt do 5 is the color of the rear light. I think it should have been all black

2 hours ago, Blunzn said:

bouble D-Ring belt, sony action cams, front light (battery under the handle), rearlight with breaklight function.

everything is hold in place through extrastrong velcro. for the cams i used additional velcro bands for security 

original orange outer ring, plasti-dip on the inside ring. pedals where black too, but it didn't hold too long ... i like tights turns, so i had to removed them after a week ... maybe vinyl wrap would hold longer

mu1.thumb.png.faf3ff2de25c6a58f64e82789c

mu2.png.f8e77c039d0978bea44f36465698a76b

I like the combination of black and orange in the second pic. Very interesting mods on top of the wheel, but i think too much strap makes it look a bit cluttered. Very cool, but id still like the most the simplicity and the strength of the aesthetic statement the batman wheel makes

Here is my submission :)

MODS:

No Bumpers ;), LED Tail Light, Side Line Laser Markers, Cree Tactical 3800Lm Headlight (Removable GoPro Mount), Side Mount Sony Actioncam X1000V in housing, 3M Industrial Slip Resistant Treads over pedals.

lhotz.jpg

• 1 month later...
37 minutes ago, Cloud said:

Submit more wheels guys, we dont have enough submissions, show us your puppies!!!!!

Well, you asked for it, so here goes... I expect to place last when it comes to "best looking" though ;)

Firewheel Phoenix Mark I:

wWHf559.jpg

ALvdhjM.jpg

Lw7FU1Y.jpg

67wtAls.jpg

Custom hand-made aluminum-frame, electronics-box made from floor laminate & scrap wood. Firewheel pedals, motor + mainboard, custom 768Wh (4 * 192Wh) batteries.

;)

EDIT: Oh right, forgot the best picture, crash protection:

GPgvQZe.jpg

And here's the video of me test-riding it for the first time:

I did take it into woods a couple of times after that, but never shot any off-road videos, as I was more concentrated on riding & seeing how it behaves in general...

Black vinyl wraps (by howweroll), black plasti-dip on leg pads, bondo rubberized spray on botom of pedals, skateboard grip on top of pedals, toggle power switch with waterproof cover & plastic protector cover (missile launch style), toggle switch with waterproof cover for lights, lights are LED RGB controllable ring installed flush to frame and covered with dismantled bike light for cover, painted trolley handle holder matte black, electrolumenescent tape for rear taillight, black reflective tape on front sides & back. Oh, and there is a mini GPS tracker installed as well. I can send it a text message and receive back a GPS location. It also texts me if it moves.

IMG_0152-1.jpeg

IMG_0154-1.jpeg

IMG_0155-1.jpeg

IMG_0156-1.jpeg

IMG_0158-1.jpeg

IMG_0164-1.jpeg

IMG_0244-1.jpeg

IMG_0245-1.jpeg

IMG_0246-1.jpeg

IMG_0247-1.jpeg

Archived