Backordered??? Who here is waiting???

UniBlab

By the sounds of things, a lot of people are currently waiting and will be waiting for some time. 

https://eucsale.com/buying-guide/important-news-euc-manufactures-suspend-production-due-lithium-batteries-crisis.html

Shermans use the 18650 cells so they are most certainly affected

Edited by GoGeorgeGo
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, UniBlab said:

I'm currently waiting for a Veteran Sherman - who else is waiting???  What model???  And if you care to share, who are you waiting on???

Did you make a deposit?

I am also waiting for Sherman from ewheels, the good news is it's already on its way across the Pacific, the bad news is I will be probably on a family vacation when it arrives.

• Like 3

I'm waiting on my Sherman to arrive from ewheels. I think they are expecting the container to arrive in CA in early June, so hopefully the wait is nearing an end. I currently only have an S18 and was looking at ordering a RS HT as as second trail wheel, but it looks like there is going to be a wait for that too. 

• Like 2

Ordered a Tesla V3 from myewheel.com

It's been 54 days from the order and no news yet. Shipping for them seems very slow. Other dealers have the same wheel in stock and even sellers from Aliexpress send to have them in Europe. 

When I ordered it was said that it will take max 40 days.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KPul said:

Close to 90 days waiting for a Sherman. After being promised they had it in EU warehouse (and delivery time was around 1-2 weeks) before ordering and then being promised 2-3 times it was already sent to me, after describing how it was sent through Poland to Spain etc. Amazing how they lie and follow it up with "trust me friend, just have a little patience, covid. We will send next week". Different culture to say the least.

"green and fashion travaling shop" on AliExpress... Dont order from them unless you like waiting and being lied to :)

They get there in the end though just need to wait lol

• Like 2

I ordered my Monster Pro from smartwheels.store, it was shipped from gotway factory on 17-th of April, I`m expecting it to arrive in Bulgaria in the next few weeks.
CAN'T FREAKING WAIT FOR IT !! :D

• Like 2

I have been told the newest batch of EXNs was shipped last night. Not sure how many they sent out but good to know production has been reinstated and wheels are leaving the factory. That batch was just waiting on the new black boards though, not sure if the batteries will be an issue or not for them. I know they use 21700 cells for the exn but i had actually heard it has 2 21700 packs and one 18650 pack!?! 🤷‍♂️ not sure if thats true or not, didnt know you could even combine battery types like that. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GoGeorgeGo said:

I have been told the newest batch of EXNs was shipped last night. Not sure how many they sent out but good to know production has been reinstated and wheels are leaving the factory. That batch was just waiting on the new black boards though, not sure if the batteries will be an issue or not for them. I know they use 21700 cells for the exn but i had actually heard it has 2 21700 packs and one 18650 pack!?! 🤷‍♂️ not sure if thats true or not, didnt know you could even combine battery types like that. 

if it’s in series yes they can combine 21700 with 18650. is it optimal? no since they have different resistances and discharge capabilities. I’d be more concerned about being short changed some range if they did that. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, GoGeorgeGo said:

The latest batch have new smaller bearings, a redesigned inner shell with smaller hole and the new black motherboard. Think it should be very good!

On 5/26/2021 at 9:48 PM, KPul said:

Close to 90 days waiting for a Sherman. After being promised they had it in EU warehouse (and delivery time was around 1-2 weeks) before ordering and then being promised 2-3 times it was already sent to me, after describing how it was sent through Poland to Spain etc. Amazing how they lie and follow it up with "trust me friend, just have a little patience, covid. We will send next week". Different culture to say the least.

"green and fashion travaling shop" on AliExpress... Dont order from them unless you like waiting and being lied to :)

I got pretty friendly with wheel store on Ali, was getting really good discounts but bought a 16x from them last year and it got blacklisted, they took an age to get it sorted, in the end I contacted ks direct who sorted it but I lost  all faith with Ali euc sellers. The hassle is not worth the extra saving in my opinion.

Green shop is chicway. They are decent so don’t worry, the Sherman will arrive eventually. Like other Ali sellers they drop ship and rarely have actual stock.

godd luck!

42 minutes ago, Antec said:

I got pretty friendly with wheel store on Ali, was getting really good discounts but bought a 16x from them last year and it got blacklisted, they took an age to get it sorted, in the end I contacted ks direct who sorted it but I lost  all faith with Ali euc sellers. The hassle is not worth the extra saving in my opinion.

Green shop is chicway. They are decent so don’t worry, the Sherman will arrive eventually. Like other Ali sellers they drop ship and rarely have actual stock.

godd luck!

Ye I guess I am learning this the hard way. If they said up-front its 4 months I might have taken the deal. But they promised way more than that and obviously lied. The only job of these stores (from customer POV) is distribution + communication and they fail miserably, even straight up lying about having sent the wheel to me and then two weeks later answering just "hello friend, please have patience". It could be a bot giving me answers, considering the lack of contextual understanding they are showing lol. People being happy with finally having the wheel seem to give good reviews to the distributor(s), while even mentioning delayed delivery in their 5 star review lol. I didnt think reviews were all fake on Ali (some are of course) but this seems wrong.

Im lucky that this is more of a hobby, I work from home etc. But my forgiving circumstances is not an excuse for the seller. I hope I can at least leave a review once this is done :) When the bearings or the motherboard go bust, or the new rim is broken, Ill update with the aftermarket service level :D 

Thanks for the encouragement! Im hanging in there

• Like 2

This is my first wheel. The most important thing I have learned that for next time I should order the wheel during the winter months!

Got and update from Myewheels. Tesla is waiting for customs clearance before it starts it's last path to me! It's getting close!

• Like 3

No delivery date set for my most recent purchase (EX). I am hoping late Summer, but with a redesign, testing, and a shortage on materials... probably not. 

Edited by gon2fast
  • Like 1

On 5/25/2021 at 12:42 PM, stephen said:

Ordered ex.n sport torque 

Huh? Color me ignoramus if so but is there a torque & speed version of the EX.N? I thought it just came in 1 version?