Backordered??? Who here is waiting???

UniBlab

On 6/30/2021 at 5:36 AM, KPul said:

I first got a tracking number in March, which never worked. The one shown on Aliexpress. That seems like BS and never updated.

Then (after 3-4 months) I got a new tracking number for within Europe. Its a number I got through PM and cant otherwise be seen on Aliexpress. The new one is only saying "package has been sent from Madrid to Sweden" but no updates after that and it has been over a week (Madrid to first stop in Sweden is a 24h drive + breaks/intermediate stops. Hardly 1 week). A few days ago I received the charger in a separate package.

They lie without any limits, credible explanations or regret (except for the standard "sorry, my friend" which I probably have received 10-20 times). I wouldnt trust anything they say. I think all we can do is hope for a notice/update from a 3rd party logistics provider (who perhaps you can trust more) and assume that all that "green and fashion tavaling shop" say are lies. It is probably still worth it to message them in order to put some pressure/burn some customer service time for them. If I could take them to court/the Swedish "Consumer Agency" I would but this is the downside of dealing with Aliexpress/China and probably not possible, even if I would be happy to burn some hours just to show my dissatisfaction :angry::) For me this is no longer even a consideration of "waiting x months for a lower price". I wouldnt want to give money to people who are so blatantly lying to and deceiving their customers. They fooled me and now I (naively?) think I am too close to delivery to cancel the order.

Please consider leaving a review on Aliexpress based on your experience of the delivery process (i.e. not the actual wheel, which is not produced by them). Before I ordered I checked and they had 5 stars or close to it. What a rotten system :) 

I did the same, I had checked the reviews. Of course it looked all good.

I'm looking forward to leaving a review on their delivery process and to AliExpress themselves. Probably the last time I buy through them.

Shipping is a mess right now.. Even in the company i work for we are having an terribly hard time getting anything shipped to us in any quantities. The delays are weeks and months, with no real end to that in sight. 

Fun Times.. Patiently waiting for my v12.. Progress is happening with it on its way, but it is taking a LONG TIME. 

Oh well, maybe this will make it easier for me in the future not to be so impatient!

• Like 2

Anyone interested in a contest for longest wait time?

I ordered my Sherman on March 4th. I had tracking information by early April, and found that it had left the Port of Shanghai around April 22nd. That's the last tracking information that I have - that it left China on a ship somewhere around April 22nd.

Fast forward to early July, and there's still no updated tracking since April 22nd, so I started getting a little more serious with the seller, asking them to look into where it was and asking what the options are if it is, indeed, lost. It seems most tracking sites (including those that specialize with ocean cargo) consider it 'expired' when there's up update for over 60 days, which this certainly was.

The seller wasn't really able to provide any more information; I'm not sure if this was their choice or if the freight forwarder they use simply wasn't interested in looking into it for them. I had gotten a UPS tracking number, which is generated by the local broker when the cargo is on its way and they are arranging delivery within the country once it clears customs. So that was my only lead. I called UPS and, after a few calls I started piecing together some information; one of their agents was coerced into telling me the name of the shipper here in Canada. That didn't really get me far though - a bit of googling produced a phone number for that company, which is now out of service. I searched around for that phone number and found a link somewhere to a different company, also a customs broker in the same city (Mississauga). To me, this seemed to much to be a coincidence, so I tracked down a current phone number for that company and called them. They couldn't tell me anything without a shipping container number, but I did ask if they were affiliated in any way to the company that I had on record as the UPS shipper, and they offered up a short, non-commital "yes".

A few phone calls and emails later, I managed to get my hands on a copy of a Container Examination form for the Port of Vancouver, that had a few unique identifiers on it. Unfortunately, the cargo control number and container number had been greyed out on my copy, but it was better than nothing. It also contained the name of another broker, this one in Vancouver, and the location of the shipment: Deltaport (a container port in a Vancouver suberb). The date on the form was May 10th. OK, so by May 10th it had made its way to Vancouver, but that was over two months ago - where is it now?!

The new broker was able to inform me that the shipment had been delayed by the Canadian Border Services Agency (CBSA), and that the container had been inspected some time after that and found to include a few items that were not properly documented. Health Canada then got involved, and it took them a few weeks (ok, over 4 weeks) to get out there and inspect the cargo for themselves. I discovered that the shipment included over 1000 items, some of them clothing that for whatever reason did not conform to Canadian health standards, so the entire shipment was delayed. I tracked down the CBSA agent who was handling this shipment, and risked emailing him (not really something I'd recommend; they don't really want to hear from the end consumer and I knew this could have negative consequences if I told him something that didn't match what he may already have on record) and got a few questions answered regarding how the process worked, and what is likely to be the result of all this. He was kind enough to explain the process and that this particular shipment has now been inspected by Health Canada and, except for a few (some 50) items that are still not properly documented or permitted, the rest will be cleared by customs within the next few days. Then the broker has to do their paperwork, the agent finally takes delivery and calls UPS for a pickup from the warehouse, and it can start making its way to me.

Of course, this hasn't happened yet so I'm still patiently waiting... but at least I have some confidence now that it's probably not lost (yet!). Today is day 131 from when I placed the order (almost 19 weeks); I'm hoping to have it before the end of next week (which would be around 140 days) but that may be a little optimistic.

Can anyone top 19-20 weeks delivery time? :-o

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Mantraguy said:

Does time waiting for permission from the wife count? I was pretty stupid. I got my wife interested in EUC’s. Now she knows every make and model. I can’t swap EUC’s and say, no honey that is the same one that I have had for 4 years. :angry:

Edited by RockyTop
  • Like 3

Wow!  Mantraguy that was/is one heck of an ordeal.  One can only hope you get your Sherman soon!  If only these wheels could talk!  What shipping stories they could tell.

It still amazes me, how despite everything that could go wrong, we eventually get our stuff.  It's not even close to perfect, but in the grand scheme of things it does function, albeit not very well at times.

Hang in there guys!!!

• Like 2

On 13/7/2021 at 18:44, Mantraguy said:

¿Alguien interesado en un concurso por el tiempo de espera más largo?

Pedí mi Sherman el 4 de marzo. Tenía información de seguimiento a principios de abril y descubrí que había salido del puerto de Shanghai alrededor del 22 de abril. Esa es la última información de seguimiento que tengo: que salió de China en un barco alrededor del 22 de abril.

Avance rápido hasta principios de julio, y todavía no hay seguimiento actualizado desde el 22 de abril, así que comencé a ponerme un poco más serio con el vendedor, le pedí que investigara dónde estaba y le preguntaba cuáles son las opciones si, de hecho, se perdió. Parece que la mayoría de los sitios de seguimiento (incluidos los que se especializan en carga marítima) consideran que está "caducado" cuando hay una actualización de más de 60 días, lo que ciertamente sucedió.

El vendedor no pudo proporcionar más información; No estoy seguro de si esta fue su elección o si el agente de carga que utilizan simplemente no estaba interesado en investigarlo por ellos. Obtuve un número de seguimiento de UPS, que genera el corredor local cuando la carga está en camino y están organizando la entrega dentro del país una vez que pasa por la aduana. Así que esa fue mi única pista. Llamé a UPS y, después de algunas llamadas, comencé a juntar información; uno de sus agentes fue obligado a decirme el nombre del remitente aquí en Canadá. Sin embargo, eso no me llevó muy lejos: un poco de búsqueda en Google produjo un número de teléfono para esa empresa, que ahora está fuera de servicio. Busqué ese número de teléfono y encontré un enlace a una empresa diferente, también un agente de aduanas en la misma ciudad (Mississauga). Para mí, esto parecía ser una coincidencia, así que busqué un número de teléfono actual de esa empresa y los llamé. No podían decirme nada sin un número de contenedor de envío, pero les pregunté si estaban afiliados de alguna manera a la empresa que tenía registrada como el remitente de UPS, y me ofrecieron un "sí" breve y sin compromiso. .

Unas cuantas llamadas telefónicas y correos electrónicos más tarde, logré tener en mis manos una copia de un formulario de examen de contenedor para el puerto de Vancouver, que tenía algunos identificadores únicos. Desafortunadamente, el número de control de carga y el número de contenedor estaban en gris en mi copia, pero era mejor que nada. También contenía el nombre de otro corredor, este en Vancouver, y la ubicación del envío: Deltaport (un puerto de contenedores en un suburbio de Vancouver). La fecha del formulario era el 10 de mayo. De acuerdo, para el 10 de mayo había llegado a Vancouver, pero eso fue hace más de dos meses, ¿dónde está ahora?

El nuevo corredor pudo informarme que el envío había sido retrasado por la Agencia Canadiense de Servicios Fronterizos (CBSA), y que el contenedor había sido inspeccionado algún tiempo después de eso y se encontró que incluía algunos artículos que no estaban debidamente documentados. Health Canada luego se involucró y les tomó algunas semanas (bueno, más de 4 semanas) salir e inspeccionar la carga por sí mismos. Descubrí que el envío incluía más de 1000 artículos, algunos de ellos ropa que, por alguna razón, no cumplía con los estándares de salud canadienses, por lo que todo el envío se retrasó. Rastreé al agente de CBSA que estaba manejando este envío y me arriesgué a enviarle un correo electrónico (en realidad no es algo que yo recomendaría; realmente no quieren saber del consumidor final y sabía que esto podría tener consecuencias negativas si le decía algo eso no coincidir con lo que ya puede tener registrado) y obtuve respuestas a algunas preguntas sobre cómo funcionó el proceso y cuál es probable que sea el resultado de todo esto. Tuvo la amabilidad de explicar el proceso y que este envío en particular ya ha sido inspeccionado por Health Canada y, a excepción de unos pocos (unos 50) artículos que aún no están debidamente documentados o permitidos, el resto será despachado por la aduana en el próximo Pocos diás. Luego, el corredor tiene que hacer su papeleo, el agente finalmente acepta la entrega y llama a UPS para que lo recojan del almacén, y puede comenzar a dirigirse hacia mí. a excepción de algunos (unos 50) artículos que aún no están debidamente documentados o permitidos, el resto será despachado por la aduana en los próximos días. Luego, el corredor tiene que hacer su papeleo, el agente finalmente acepta la entrega y llama a UPS para que lo recojan del almacén, y puede comenzar a dirigirse hacia mí. a excepción de algunos (unos 50) artículos que aún no están debidamente documentados o permitidos, el resto será despachado por la aduana en los próximos días. Luego, el corredor tiene que hacer su papeleo, el agente finalmente acepta la entrega y llama a UPS para que lo recojan del almacén, y puede comenzar a dirigirse hacia mí.

Por supuesto, esto aún no ha sucedido, así que todavía estoy esperando pacientemente ... pero al menos ahora tengo algo de confianza en que probablemente no esté perdido (¡todavía!). Hoy es el día 131 desde que hice el pedido (casi 19 semanas); Espero tenerlo antes del final de la próxima semana (que sería alrededor de 140 días) pero eso puede ser un poco optimista.

¿Alguien puede superar el tiempo de entrega de 19 a 20 semanas? : -o

Impressive research work :thumbup:. Can I hire you to locate my wheel that I ordered on April 22nd? :D

• Like 1

I`m almost on the same boat with you,
Ordered my Monster Pro on March 15.. it got out of production and shipped on April 16.
Still waiting to this very day.., my local dealer is talking with Gotway representatives.

Quick summary of thе conversation between my local dealer and Gotway:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
On June 22 he asked them about the status of the delivery > he received the following answer on June 25

According to the feedback from foreign countries, it was found that the sheet fell off during the warehouse delivery.
We need to deal with it again and then deliver it to the warehouse. We are still urging foreign countries to deal with it as soon as possible

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
On July 02  Gotway sent us the following message:

Hello,
Your delivery list has been resolved and the package is waiting to be delivered to UPS.
Don't worry, your goods will be delivered to UPS in these two days.

From this message I don't know what UPS stands for, could someone explain it to me please?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
On July 07 there was a brief conversation between my local dealer and Gotway.

Gotway representative:
- Your goods are waiting for delivery in the whole cabinet,
 The goods are still waiting for delivery, it has not been submitted to the local logistics warehouse.

My local dealer:
- Customer is not happy, it is taking so long..

Gotway representative:
- Yes, special reasons are still being dealt with.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

On July 09 - Gotway sent us the following info:

This order is being reserved for delivery to UPS warehouse, It's been a long time, but we need to wait..

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
July 21 - we have not heard back from them yet... it has been over 4 months now since my order.

Edited by Nivel
  • Like 1

I ordered a Monster Pro August 2020 directly from China, and the order was cancelled because of production issues 6 months later... ahh then I got on the list with Ewheels in the Spring of 2021 looking for a June/July delivery.  Now I was informed that Begode will resume some production on the Ex's and Pro's early September, with a delivery for October!     Wow.

• Like 1

Prices are going up. V11, s18, sherman, exn, RS19 are all more expensive now than before. I see it as sign that the EUC industry is starting to take off (shortages of eucs drive prices up), although i know that rising battery cell prices play a role at least with the sherman (it says so on ewheels). The others use a different cell though.

On 7/13/2021 at 12:44 PM, Mantraguy said:

Can anyone top 19-20 weeks delivery time? :-o

Wow, good sleuthing. You are more patient than I am, I will put a dispute in 2 weeks w AliExpress if I dont have an update. I bought on May 19th, they tell me its in Canada. Your details kind of explains why its taking so long even tho it arrived in Canada Monday.

18 hours ago, leroadrunner said:

Wow, good sleuthing. You are more patient than I am, I will put a dispute in 2 weeks w AliExpress if I dont have an update. I bought on May 19th, they tell me its in Canada. Your details kind of explains why its taking so long even tho it arrived in Canada Monday.

Not sure which store you bought from but I ordered from AliExpress Chicway/green and fashion travaling shop early March and have been lied to so many times. They have given me multiple tracking codes, told me several times to just wait a few days and the wheel will arrive etc. A few weeks later and no update and I ask whats up... they just respond that I should have patience and it will come soon. I would take everything they say with a truckload of salt. The latest update I got on my order was that the 3rd party logistics company sent it to my address, but then they "lost" the 40kg package... So now seller seems to play innocent and claim he cant help that the logistics company lost the package... 

It has now gone so long time that AliExpress seems to be forcing the order to close to a Refund or that I accept order as delivered (which it is obviously not) and lose "Buyer Protection". The seller just tells me to have patience and that they need just a few more days, which I have done again and again. I paid instantly and then waited 5 months and now it seems like I am getting nothing but a refund. Perhaps its due to the rising prices... perhaps the Chinese sellers look to create ways to get your order cancelled so that they can sell to someone else with a higher price.

Lets see how this ends for us all. Good luck!

5 hours ago, KPul said:

I paid instantly and then waited 5 months and now it seems like I am getting nothing but a refund.

I’d take the refund, I waited 6 months from chickway which is the same seller. Don’t let that protection expire.  Get your money back and move on, lesson learned.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mrd777 said:

I’d take the refund, I waited 6 months from chickway which is the same seller. Don’t let that protection expire.  Get your money back and move on, lesson learned.

Perhaps you are right. Thanks for what is probably good advise. It would mean accepting that it is a fraud and giving up on a big hope. I am probably 50% there :) I must admit I had high hopes for learning and enjoying EUC this spring/summer and it doesnt look good right now.

Accepting the fraud would also leave me with a sense of responsibility to act in order to do whatever little I can to stop this behavior from continuing. I dont want others to have to go through the same and I dont want fraudulent sellers to be able to continue what they're doing without me at least trying. At minimum Id like to know whether this is just a bad seller, or if AliExpress as a plattform is ok with looking the other way.

They are currently saying that they have 11 Shermans in inventory :)

• Like 1

16 hours ago, KPul said:

Accepting the fraud would also leave me with a sense of responsibility to act in order to do whatever little I can to stop this behavior from continuing.

Just a reminder, I’m really not sure these guys are trying to rip anyone off. They are opportunistic, hopeful sellers promising more then they can deliver on, so they lead us on with lies etc..

They have come through is the past, it’s just their business is based on so many variables from actually getting the product to relying on a few shipping agents across foreign soil.

Begode does not represent them as an official reseller from what I understand.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mrd777 said:

Just a reminder, I’m really not sure these guys are trying to rip anyone off. They are opportunistic, hopeful sellers promising more then they can deliver on, so they lead us on with lies etc..

They have come through is the past, it’s just their business is based on so many variables from actually getting the product to relying on a few shipping agents across foreign soil.

Begode does not represent them as an official reseller from what I understand.

Not sure why you are trying to make that distinction. They lied to get me into the contract by saying they had the wheel when I asked in DM, they lied by saying that they had sent the wheel (so I would stay quiet for a while) and in the end they didnt deliver any wheel. They also tried to blame me for not canceling the Dispute to give them more time after I explained I opened the dispute because my understanding was (is) that AliExpress gave me no other option. AliExpress automatically closed my order, said status was that I had received the goods and gave me a couple of days to open a dispute. I even contacted a human being on AliExpress support (not easy) to ask them to give seller a few more days (which seller asked for). Those days have soon passed and I am now not hearing anything from seller.

During these 5 months they held 2 800 USD which I could have used for other things (e.g. buy from another store) and due to the lies there were a lot of communication and headache to respond to one day being told it was delivered, then it was stuck in some customs, then it was being packed, then this then that... for 5 months. Now the price has gone up and they have made it clear to me that they dont mind a refund since they themselves say they can sell again for more. "green and fashion travaling shop" aka Chicway are criminals and would not be allowed to operate in a civilized/western country. Anyone buying from them is supporting criminal activity and anyone who chooses to put an order might get a wheel after many months, or not.

• Like 1

The problem is a widespread  phenomenon, and has to do with a shortage of electronic components, so that EUC manufacturers are producing very few wheels.
In my case I have requested a refund from 'EUCService' after waiting 3 months for a RS C38, and they told me that Gotway is having trouble getting mosfets to make the motherboards.
So it turns out that these sellers had a wheel supply expectations that has not been met, and now they have a lot of buyers waiting.

I also think that could be the seller was interested in returning the money, because in the waiting time the price of the wheel has risen about 250 euros.

Edited by Augus
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Augus said:

So it turns out that these sellers had a wheel supply expectation that has not been met, and now they have a lot of buyers waiting.

That, I can understand. The issue with the Chinese sellers is that they will give you every indication that the wheel you are after is either 'in stock' or 'available from the warehouse'. Both of which are obviously a lie.

I wouldn't go as far as to say it's 'fraud', as I don't believe Green & Fashion/Chicway are scammers. They WILL deliver you a wheel, at some point. It's not like they will take your money and do a runner, but saying they have something available when they don't is frustrating and irritating.

It's the one reason why, for the first time, I used a UK seller for my Sherman. They too were out of stock when I ordered, but the website stated they were due in (from memory it was around 3 or 4 weeks from my order) which suggested to me they were already on the boat which gave me confidence, plus being a UK seller they were less likely to be lying. The gamble paid off, in fact I had the wheel about a week earlier than I expected.

What with the increased cost of importing wheels from China now, I'm not sure it's worth it tbh and I suspect I will use a home dealer from now on. For the Sherman, I think it was only around £100 less from China. For such a small saving it's a no brainer to use a UK dealer.

When I bought my Z10, they were still £2k in the UK, I got mine for £1275 from China. Thats enough of a saving to make the gamble worthwhile especially as everyone had them in stock at the time. Unfortunately I believe those days of decent savings are over :(

• Like 2

Well, maybe the phrase 'in stock' doesnt translate well between Chinese and EVERY OTHER LANGUAGE on the planet. We all know that specs dont translate. Sucks to hear about the shortage. I guess I'll hold on to my spare mten, as it also uses batteries and mosfets.. 

Support your local retailers, itll make you feel better about it, and the person ignoring you rant about waiting, will at least speak your language :shock2:

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, Planemo said:

I wouldn't go as far as to say it's 'fraud', as I don't believe Green & Fashion/Chicway are scammers. They WILL deliver you a wheel, at some point. It's not like they will take your money and do a runner, but saying they have something available when they don't is frustrating and irritating.

I agree with most of what you wrote, but what they are doing is imho clearly fraud. They are e.g. misleading customers to enter intro contracts by, as you said, promising they have goods in inventory that they dont have. They are also offering delivery times that they obviously are not planning to deliver on, they lie about having sent wheels or having issues in customs that are at least sometimes clearly just attempts to mislead and buy them more time. As far as I can tell, this absolutely fits the definition of fraud.

"intentional perversion of truth in order to induce another to part with something of value"

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/fraud

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KPul said:

"intentional perversion of truth in order to induce another to part with something of value"

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/fraud

I'm very aware of (all) the various types of fraud, but most will incur a total loss to the victim or a gain to the offender. I am totally with you, you have been lied to, cheated, and we are only really discussing semantics of the word 'fraud', but in my view it's a stronger term than just saying that someone is a liar. If I suspected you would never get your wheel then yes I would absolutely go with the term fraud, but I don't think that would have been the case. As I say though, semantics. Either way it's wrong and I would be just as pissed off as you are, but then I'm not sure I would have expected anything more from a Chinese tech seller tbh. I have been dealing with them for many years (with various products) and issues like this have run throughout that time. As I said before somewhere on this forum, I even had fake mosfets sent once (and I ordered 200) which most definitely was a fraud...

I don't like it, it's a right pain in the ass to not get truthful information, but it is what it is :(

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Planemo said:

I'm very aware of (all) the various types of fraud, but most will incur a total loss to the victim or a gain to the offender. I am totally with you, you have been lied to, cheated, and we are only really discussing semantics of the word 'fraud', but in my view it's a stronger term than just saying that someone is a liar. If I suspected you would never get your wheel then yes I would absolutely go with the term fraud, but I don't think that would have been the case. As I say though, semantics. Either way it's wrong and I would be just as pissed off as you are, but then I'm not sure I would have expected anything more from a Chinese tech seller tbh. I have been dealing with them for many years (with various products) and issues like this have run throughout that time. As I said before somewhere on this forum, I even had fake mosfets sent once (and I ordered 200) which most definitely was a fraud...

I don't like it, it's a right pain in the ass to not get truthful information, but it is what it is :(

Sure, I think we lean slightly different on the semantics but in general I agree

• Like 3