Kingsong S20/S22 (Confirmed)

Mango

Regarding the S20 range.

In the video by e-Rides, 'Kingsong S20 Diaries: They Are Listening. Kingsong Offers Improved Screws and Firmware Updated', Afeez states that the charger could only charge the batteries up to 93%. 

Time mark 2.09 onwards.

KS has been notified and new chargers will be included to allow charging up to 100%.

image.png.07f6e46ff7201c4008097c25fbc346ce.png

Based on Marty's video, the S20 is really a cool running cat. The S20 was cooler running until the very top of Overheat Hill, where they all tied at 57 degrees. Ambient air temperature was around 25 degrees C. With the new gen of euc's coming out that is so cool running, Overheat Hill test may need a name change. And the S20 has no fan. Nope. This is not hype, just plain old, good engineering. Perhaps Extrem Bull should poach Kingsong's thermo engineer.

Edited by techyiam

1 hour ago, Paul A said:

14:45-15:20 - I , er a ‘friend’ called me to say he  seems to have missed the suspension-bouncing demo part as proposed at this this segment, we that is, my ‘friend’ asks whether the link to this segment is possibly available on ‘pay-per-view’ basis? Seems most unfair unfortunate that the footage of this important technical aspect of the S20 was omitted, and it’s inclusion might well have encouraged potential buyers, across much of the the age demographic…

5 hours ago, Paul A said:

Even though they hit the same temps at the end, I like that the s20 was able to stay cool for the prolonged uphill climb. Seems it can hold the load well over good range and length of time. That gives me confidence as it must result on less long term heat stress on things. 
plus no fan song.

A lot of rattling from Marty’s mic. 

Am wondering if the S20's heat sink was the main reason for the cooler temperatures in the lead up to Over Heat Hill.

Maybe as the heat build up in the sink reached maximum capacity, with no fan to cool it quickly, was the reason why the S20 became on par with the others at the end.

When the temperature of the heat sink reaches the ambient temperature, and the rate of heat absorption is greater than the rate of heat loss....

Would have been interesting to see what happens with the temperature of the S20 from there on wards, once it was on par with the others.

Without a fan, would it have then become hotter than the other wheels with further stress testing?

22 minutes ago, Paul A said:

Am wondering if the S20's heat sink was the main reason for the cooler temperatures in the lead up to Over Heat Hill.

Maybe as the heat build up in the sink reached maximum capacity, with no fan to cool it quickly, was the reason why the S20 became on par with the others at the end.

When the temperature of the heat sink reaches the ambient temperature, and the rate of heat absorption is greater than the rate of heat loss....

Would have been interesting to see what happens with the temperature of the S20 from there on wards, once it was on par with the others.

Without a fan, would it have then become hotter than the other wheels with further stress testing?

You know why they call it the Overheat Hill test, right? It is already a torture test. How many riders are there going to need better cooling than the S20 in its current form? I, for one, don't need better cooling, nor do I want to pay for better cooling.

Edited by techyiam

1 hour ago, Paul A said:

Don't forget it's also a 126v wheel so it will draw less amps which also means less heat.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Forwardnbak said:

Even though they hit the same temps at the end, I like that the s20 was able to stay cool for the prolonged uphill climb. Seems it can hold the load well over good range and length of time. That gives me confidence as it must result on less long term heat stress on things. 
plus no fan song.

A lot of rattling from Marty’s mic. 

The rattling was the HERO's suspension. He mentions in captions in the video that after he greased it, the noise got a lot better.

3 hours ago, Paul A said:

There will be riders in warmer climates.

A heat sink might have an upper limit.

There are other members to consider.

It is obvious that all cooloing systems have an upper limit, including those that are not made yet. Perhaps Marty is better to answer this. Which euc can go up Overheat Hill to the top as quick and can run cooler than the S20, with or without a fan?

There are many places that are hotter than 25 C, including Marty's locale. For example, in those Evx videos that I have watched when he was in Florida, I don't recall him complaining about overheating, nor Zen Lee in Las Vegas. There aren't mountain ranges where riders can go up for hours.

Perhaps you have your very own Overheat Something in Australia? I would like to hear it.

Can you tell us where are those riders who will be overheating their S20's, and which euc that would not under the same conditions.?

Edited by techyiam