Kingsong S20/S22 (Confirmed)

Mango

8 minutes ago, RagingGrandpa said:

Individual cell voltage display! 
And updatable BMS firmware!

Now I just hope there's an alarm for imbalance, so the users are alerted even if they don't nervously check the app before every ride...

It's that thing that every euc owner wanted right? Where you can see every battery voltage, before we saw only pack voltage?

Needed to double check if i was not dreaming.

Maybe it's a "joke" video? xD

• Like 1

This is great! So glad Chance was ok. We've seen that it can take a tumble down a hill, bounce off a concrete stair and land on concrete and at least has a chance of limiting the damage to cosmetics. The way it finished its tumble, either the wheel was very lucky indeed, or it's pretty tough.

To me, anything can happen when you miss a drop like that... unless it's fully instrumented we'll never actually know! I wondered a little if the soil at landing was a bit soft and the tire sank in a bit, contributing to the demand for current as it tried to claw its way out of a hole... it's not clear in the video and I'm just speculating.

5 minutes ago, Jon Stern said:

Are the vertical grooves on the battery housings t-slots

Not from what I've seen (in photos). I'm planning on the velcro route partly because it'll distribute any tearing forces across the side of the battery case and not concentrate them in a groove or other hard attachment point.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

it's not clear in the video and I'm just speculating.

Your speculation is correct. It was a soft landscaping bed and not compacted dirt. He did leave a nice divot where he landed.

• Like 2

And that was after Portland softened up the wheels by dropping them a few hundred times.  I couldn't tell if he did that splat on the one we had already broken the front handle on.

4 minutes ago, pkinpdx said:

And that was after Portland softened up the wheels by dropping them a few hundred times.  I couldn't tell if he did that splat on the one we had already broken the front handle on.

Nope, it was the other one. And yes, the suspension on the one with the broken front handle was broken in and felt much "softer" than the one he crashed.

• Like 1

I don't believe there was a single person who did not drop the S20 on it's side at the Demo. The top heaviness gets a little getting used to but once you do, it works as an advantage making it very responsive to turns and carving.

Edited by 5Cauac
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, 5Cauac said:

Nope, it was the other one. And yes, the suspension on the one with the broken front handle was broken in and felt much "softer" than the one he crashed.

Yea I started on the broken handle one and was surprised how soft it was.  It felt like it was too soft for any trail riding.  I did do a drop with that one but it was only about 2 1/2 feet and was surprised that even with it set that soft i didn't bottom out.  I took the non broken handle out on a couple trails and felt like it was better set up for offroad at least for me.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 5Cauac said:

I don't believe there was a single person who did not drop the S20 on it's side at the Demo. The top heaviness gets a little getting used to but once you do, it works as an advantage making it very responsive to turns and carving.

I was almost guilty of that.  My first turn i dropped into it way too hard and as I pulled a 180 it cut off from the angle.  I was lucky to be coming out of the turn when it stopped balancing and just caught the wheel before it fell over.  Wheel was set at 40 degree lean angle cut at that point so I changed it to 70.

8 minutes ago, pkinpdx said:

My first turn i dropped into it way too hard and as I pulled a 180 it cut off from the angle.

Yup, me too. I ended up catching that on video.  Just 2 mins in, I went for a sharp turn on grass at maybe 3 or 4 mph and it dumped me. The S20 did a face plant and I was forced to run it off. No damage was done just pieces of grass stuck to the already broken bumper. :D Went over to the guys and set it back to max tilt.

1 hour ago, 5Cauac said:

Can you tell us how it is at high speed carving?  How does the tire feel while carving on the street?  Do you know what psi it had?  Thx!

Edited by Rollin-on-1
Typo

20 minutes ago, Turbomiäs said:

Wondering what happens to the delivery schedule of S20:s when Russia starts WW3 :wacko:

All our S20's will be delivered to the first ever EUC army, this idea is ripped from the youtube of america.

E: I was actually planning to try archery with the S20 :)

Edited by Kutvelo
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Rollin-on-1 said:

Can you tell us how it is at high speed carving?  How does the tire feel while carving on the street?  Do you know what psi it had?  Thx!

I was mainly focused on riding the dirt path along the paved bike trial we were on so no, I can't. Others were having no problem carving it up at around 20 to 25mph. The tire felt great, plenty of bite on both street and dirt. Not sure what the PSI was at, sorry. 

• Thanks 1

I thought I heard something, but always discount "range" because it's so dependent on so many things. I ride faster and longer on my 16x than many users, and still I use 30-40% less energy than other 16x riders.

Edited by Tawpie