Kingsong S20/S22 (Confirmed)

Mango

14 minutes ago, Grimm10 said:

See if you can change the color output of the rear turn/running/brake light to an ALL RED configurement.  Blue taillights aren't legal for street use and would like this eliminated.king-song-s20-euc-behind-the-scenes-1.jpg.2847e61d8da4dada455458f44b1c100c.jpg

One million percent. Looking cool is stupid if we get these outlawed or put on a BOLO. 

This is the wrong kind of attention.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

Are there anybody from this forum who has access to sample units?

@5Cauac is going to get access (backscroll a page or two), and Eevee's is starting their west coast tour tonight so we should have a few folks from PDX that'll get at least a moment or two on the demo.

Edited by Tawpie
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Grimm10 said:

See if you can change the color output of the rear turn/running/brake light to an ALL RED configurement.  Blue taillights aren't legal for street use and would like this eliminated.king-song-s20-euc-behind-the-scenes-1.jpg.2847e61d8da4dada455458f44b1c100c.jpg

hmm, thats photo, I thought it changes to blue when its moving. Would make me less stressed with this "pseudo-Cool blue" if there is video proved :)

@Planemo de ja vu 🤣

@Jack ex-KS any input here? Still have influence over at KS? 😁 are the screws stainless steel? Could we get more water protection on the motor cable cover (some sort of sealing?), more robust power switch, more robust bumper (outer Rubber/TPU?) and more robust headlights? 😉

Would be a shame if easily fixable things like that would drag and otherwise robust looking wheel down.

I didn't see a cooling fan or a large heat sink.  Tire changes look challenging.  Hopefully there will be a quicker way than removing the battery shells.  I can't wait until videos surface showing more.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Paradox said:

I didn't see a cooling fan or a large heat sink.  Tire changes look challenging.  Hopefully there will be a quicker way than removing the battery shells.  I can't wait until videos surface showing more.

The whole top unit is essentially a heat sync.

3 hours ago, Paradox said:

Just posted.

I can’t believe I’m buying this crap just because a business in a country ruled by the communist party got it out with the right specs on paper first. We’re incentivizing something that doesn’t benefit us. 

At least there’s a healthy aftermarket for parts and mods. I might start selling screw assortments and proper parts to finish the project.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Funky said:

The screws should be "stainless steel" from the start.. The "front red bumper" should be metal.. Lights "plastic cage" should also be metal. As they will break at first drop.

How people who make "these wheels" Don't see that.. (Sure i see expense, etc vs plastic) But if you make a product.. Make it right.

Quiet disappointed how it's built in general... Nothing more. "Power button" alone is a joke. (In my eyes expensive crap of a wheel) Sorry, but not sorry.

Well everyone wondered how they got the weight down, plastic everywhere instead of some variety of metal. 

A shame really, looks really can be deceiving.

Edited by nosamplesplease

Jack warned us about the lack of waterproofing. "How much sales are going to come from us actually achieving an IP rating?"  Apparently its impossible to attain with the current design. Seals are absent all over.

As pretty as this wheel looks, I'm not buying it until some attempt is made to keep water out. Would be able to ride this about 1 month a year here in the pacific northwest. Its a fair-weather wheel.

Edited by nosamplesplease
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, nosamplesplease said:

Jack warned us about the lack of waterproofing. "How important is an IP rating?" Apparently impossible to attain with the current design. Seals are absent all over.

As pretty as this wheel looks, I'm not buying it until some attempt is made to keep water out. Would be able to ride this about 1 month a year here in the pacific northwest. Its a fair-weather wheel.

Has anybody tried using conformal coating on their electronics?
I've used it for other electronic products and it seems to work well.

• Like 1