Kingsong S20/S22 (Confirmed)

Mango

so it's official, the s22 has a 20" diameter tire(saw it mislabeled as 18" in the forum somewhere) and the weight without seat or boomerangs is exactly 75 pounds.

i was curious because the enormous box was labeled as 75 pounds and it took lots of encouragement to get these two young men to lift it over my gate and hand it to me and i proceeded to carry it a ways down my road. had the label been correct, my mind probably wouldn't have let me handle that weight.

yeah, the box and it's goodies weighs 18.5 pounds. i thought it was heavier than 75 pounds total.

so i'm gonna get a double work out lifting it over my fence. it might fit thru Bob's doggy door.

the suspension is hard as a rock. i'm 187.5 pounds naked(try to erase that image).

i'm looking for the topic, "tips and tricks for ur s22".

like suspension settings, lift switch on or off(and what do those options mean?), seat on or off, tire pressure(this is a capable rated tire for like 300 plus pounds, it could run lower pressures without worrying about wobbles caused by sidewall flex), pedals foward or back, lubricants tried on the sliders, etc etc .

i do like the pedal design because out here, barky weeds that get caught in that wedge between the pedal and body will faceplant u. this wheel doesn't have that as shipped.

found my one last surviving arai motocycle helmet. haha, my cop motorcycle buddies, who never wore helmets, used to say, yeah, those helmets work good, the head is in perfect condition after a crash, just not attached to the body. it is a bit heavy at 3.5 pounds, but it is probably one of the safest helmets ever made. it was $700 15 years ago. probably lost ten in the fire.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, novazeus said:

so it's official, the s22 has a 20" diameter tire(saw it mislabeled as 18" in the forum somewhere) and the weight without seat or boomerangs is exactly 75 pounds.

i was curious because the enormous box was labeled as 75 pounds and it took lots of encouragement to get these two young men to lift it over my gate and hand it to me and i proceeded to carry it a ways down my road. had the label been correct, my mind probably wouldn't have let me handle that weight.

yeah, the box and it's goodies weighs 18.5 pounds. i thought it was heavier than 75 pounds total.

so i'm gonna get a double work out lifting it over my fence. it might fit thru Bob's doggy door.

the suspension is hard as a rock. i'm 187.5 pounds naked(try to erase that image).

i'm looking for the topic, "tips and tricks for ur s22".

like suspension settings, lift switch on or off(and what do those options mean?), seat on or off, tire pressure(this is a capable rated tire for like 300 plus pounds, it could run lower pressures without worrying about wobbles caused by sidewall flex), pedals foward or back, lubricants tried on the sliders, etc etc .

i do like the pedal design because out here, barky weeds that get caught in that wedge between the pedal and body will faceplant u. this wheel doesn't have that as shipped.

found my one last surviving arai motocycle helmet. haha, my cop motorcycle buddies, who never wore helmets, used to say, yeah, those helmets work good, the head is in perfect condition after a crash, just not attached to the body. it is a bit heavy at 3.5 pounds, but it is probably one of the safest helmets ever made. it was $700 15 years ago. probably lost ten in the fire.

There's no magic fix to stock suspension sliders, need to upgrade it to bearing roller ones then it's really good.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, NErider said:

should be able to change the display to MPH now

i didn't think i hallucinated this.

u can change the setting to mph when u log in to ur kingsong acct. 

it shows as mph in the app, i suppose the wheel will also.

1 minute ago, novazeus said:

yeah these spiked pedals might be too much with my van's. almost fell over because i couldn't detach my shoe from the spikes.

You will get used to the spikes.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, novazeus said:

so it's official, the s22 has a 20" diameter tire(saw it mislabeled as 18" in the forum somewhere)

The S22 has a 14” rim, just like so called 18” wheels do. And you can put any 18” bicycle tire (and most 14” motorcycle tires) on the S22. The thing that makes the S22 tire larger than a regular 18x3” bicycle tire are the knobs, which add maybe half an inch at the most.

So the S22 is in the exact same size class as the Sherman, Master, V11, etc. Some call that size class 18”, some call it 20”.

History: A few years ago GotWay was the first to put a 18x3” tire on an EUC. They decided to call it a 19” wheel because a wider tire is also taller, despite reading 18x3” on the tire itself.

Veteran Sherman continued the +1’ing and called their similarly sized wheel a 20” one because of the knobs on the tire. And the Sherman street tire is also sold labeled as 18x3”.

One could argue that you can’t make a 18” wheel a 20” wheel just by changing the tire, just like you can’t make a 16” a 18” one. So calling the S22 a 18” class wheel is perfectly founded imo, and I think it’s much less confusing than the mess the manufacturers have created here.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Paradox said:

You will get used to the spikes.

i have a pair of topsiders without the little holes that the van's have on the sole.

i suppose. i've always moved my feet around on the non spiked ones. left foot was my stationery one and right foot accelerator.

17 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

So calling the S22 a 18” class wheel is perfectly founded imo, and I think it’s much less confusing than the mess the manufacturers have created here.

obviously not being able to measure the tire myself, ya, it's frustrating not having a std. the s18, according to kingsong has an 18"x3" tire. i think the error was in raging granpa's spreadsheet of unicycles. had the s22 and s18 both being 18" tires.

i mean, considering there's only one, and the main thing of a wheel, u would think euc manufacturers would provide more info.

course from 5 years ago when i was chicken little trying to explain that 70kg and 95kg tires weren't strong enough. and they wonder why they got wobbles in braking. complete sidewall failure. stamped right on the tire, duh!

so when the zed came along, finally a tire that actually was rated high enough and with proper air pressure will never have sidewall collapse.

the tire rating on the s22 is 319 pounds, minus 75, so the tire will hold a 244 pound rider.

long way from my ks 18s with 209 pound rating, minus 55 pounds, 154 pound rider.

forget the s1 s2 any of those, including the 16s with 154 pound rating.

not toys anymore. they have actually have proper tires now.

problem with the zed, my tire was so hard, a tree root under the asphalt could get u air between ur feet and the pedals. nobody was doing what these guys are doing now with suspension wheels. 

i think this s22 belongs in the smithsonian.( i figure if i brag on it, it won't faceplant me ).

when the s18 gets here, i'll measure the tire and report.. fedex decided to deliver it to somebody else in ohio, and obviosly i'm in tampa. signature required. tell me how they can fuck up at their only pretty simple job, delivering packages.  amazon will eventually take over everything.

The "wheel size" is another marketing number... rim diameter is somewhat standard but as you know you can get a tire with a huge range of aspect ratios so the overall tire diameter is a pissing contest at best.

I wish they'd just refer to rim diameter and "what's the is the max width and height of a tire that both fits the rim and will fit in the wheel well" or something like that. But then again, I'm not a marketeer so that's a terrible idea.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

might be more euc riders in the world than i thought. my stupid little video of my s22 covered with a yoga pad has received 1640 views in a few hours.

my favorite padding i saw years ago, was a guy using a pizza box.

i say make them soft so the law will tolerate our "mobility assistance device" or MAD.

10 hours ago, novazeus said:

i didn't think i hallucinated this.

u can change the setting to mph when u log in to ur kingsong acct. 

it shows as mph in the app, i suppose the wheel will also.

ah HA! Yes, you can. But after I switched to mph, the app started in mph, then quickly switched back to kph. So I'll have to wait to ride and see what it does. But it's encouraging... at least we have a potentially broken feature. That's better than no feature at all, right?

I am reading that this is a 2.25 addition... but I hadn't logged into the KS app so would not know if 2.25 is required.

Edited by Tawpie

6 hours ago, novazeus said:

the tire rating on the s22 is 319 pounds, minus 75, so the tire will hold a 244 pound rider.

… who will wobble on it as a beginner just the same.

Tire choice and pressure does slightly affect the tendency to wobble, but it’s the rider who creates them and keeps them going.

Quite a few discussions on the matter on this forum.

7 hours ago, mrelwood said:

… who will wobble on it as a beginner just the same.

Tire choice and pressure does slightly affect the tendency to wobble, but it’s the rider who creates them and keeps them going.

Quite a few discussions on the matter on this forum.

yeah i know, i was probably talking about wobbles back in 2017 also.

look at the advice given beginners, oh, lower ur tire pressure, that makes it easier. i always rode from the beginning at max pressure and beyond. 

they don't put those sidewall ratings for weight on the tires for grins. it would be like mislabeling electronic components.  i never ever had any wobbles, except for the time i tried to hold 165 pound Bob back while braking on my little s2, and i felt the sidewalls collapse and the s2 went into like a tank slap on a motorcycle.

u can prove it to urself by putting excessive weight on a standing euc and observe the sidewall deflection. happens with euc's and all those rv's and boats u see flipped over on the interstate.

anyway, thankfully with the new euc's it's a moot subject. i mean, i'd love another little s2, but i think when i called ninebt, one, they had no idea what the tire rating was, wasn't marked on the sidewall. probably 70kg.

1 hour ago, novazeus said:

they don't put those sidewall ratings for weight on the tires for grins. it would be like mislabeling electronic components.  i never ever had any wobbles, except for the time i tried to hold 165 pound Bob back while braking on my little s2, and i felt the sidewalls collapse and the s2 went into like a tank slap on a motorcycle.

u can prove it to urself by putting excessive weight on a standing euc and observe the sidewall deflection. happens with euc's and all those rv's and boats u see flipped over on the interstate.

As someone who rode ~330lbs heavy (My+Wheel.) on 200lbs rated tire at 28psi. I can say those raitings are just for "fun". :D 

Yes it compresses under the rider weight. Making bigger area of contact on the ground. At winter most riders let out some air - just because of that.

At very high PSI you tire middle only contacts the ground. For new ridder's it would be same as riding on "Knife edge". -At beginning, if i tried to go over 30psi it felt like that. :D Now i can ride 35+psi without any problems. But i still like 30psi the best. Haven't had any problems.. (And i know it's "lowish" for 280lbs guy.)

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1

what's the tire rating on ur ks18xl?

it is a funky ride, but i wish i hadn't let my z10 die, and then cremate it in the house fire. it has a tire rated for 330lbs. have u tried one yet. i thought i'd buy another one cheap if these suspension wheels aren't for me, but i think they'll be perfect in my environment. 

if the s22 was 25 pounds, it would be perfect(still haven't ridden it yet, but love the handles and omg, the kickstand!)

8 minutes ago, Funky said:

someone who rode ~330lbs heavy

10 minutes ago, novazeus said:

what's the tire rating on ur ks18xl?

it is a funky ride, but i wish i hadn't let my z10 die, and then cremate it in the house fire. it has a tire rated for 330lbs. have u tried one yet. i thought i'd buy another one cheap if these suspension wheels aren't for me, but i think they'll be perfect in my environment. 

if the s22 was 25 pounds, it would be perfect(still haven't ridden it yet, but love the handles and omg, the kickstand!)

330 lbs it's wheel + my weight.

CST C-1488 18x2.5" 18xl had it originally. And i rode on it for ~350km at 28psi. :D (It had 200lbs rating.) So.. I was ~130lbs over the limit. Almost 2x weight.

Later i got M/C tire>   Heidenau K66 80/80-14 (43J which can hold 342lbs.) Much better tire.

Yeah 25 pounds s22 good joke. :D 

Edited by Funky
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Funky said:

330 lbs it's wheel + my weight.

CST C-1488 18x2.5" 18xl had it originally. And i rode on it for ~350km at 28psi. :D (It had 200lbs rating.) So.. I was ~130lbs over the limit. Almost 2x weight.

Later i got M/C tire>   Heidenau K66 80/80-14 (43J which can hold 342lbs.) Much better tire.

Yeah 25 pounds s22 good joke. :D 

ok. yeah i bet it's better. i'd like to see lizzo on a s1, not literally, like to see the s1 after she rode it.

1 minute ago, Flying W said:

K66 is my favorite tire so far :wub:

Same. I may even be available to fit 80/90-14 into my 18xl. Because i still have ~15mm space left till top of the euc.

80/80 is 48Cm in diameter right on mark. 80/90 should be around 50-51Cm in diameter. If it's 50Cm i will have no rubbing. If it's 51Cm - i don't know.. :D 

You have 80/90-14 right? (Most users do.) :D Could you msg me it's diameter?  Pretty please with cherry on top? Simply put ruler near axle and measure tire from one end to other.

(Ofc both need some side cutting - to fit 72mm wide wheel well of ks18xl.)

• Like 1

19 hours ago, gon2fast said:

Is anyone running the J-863 tire and if so, what are your thoughts so far? eWheels has this in stock and I am thinking about ordering one, but it looks a to be a bit square (like the knobby). 
J-863.jpg

I'm curious if it still looks that square once mounted and aired up to 36+ psi.  EWheels was supposed to have some S22 units mounted with that tire.  I wonder if they can provide any pics of one mounted...

On 12/15/2022 at 6:10 PM, novazeus said:

look at the advice given beginners, oh, lower ur tire pressure, that makes it easier.

If “sidewall collapse“ was the recipe for wobbles, wouldn’t a low tire pressure make it wobble more?

2 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

If “sidewall collapse“ was the recipe for wobbles, wouldn’t a low tire pressure make it wobble more?

yes, exactly my point. veterans telling rookies to lower their tire pressure to make their initial attempts easier because of the flattened tire. 

then they go to stop, and add the extra force of trying to stop all that mass, so the sidewalls collapse and the "wobbles" begin. 

maybe there is a beginner wobble when braking, i've never experienced it. i did experience the total collapse of the little s2's tire when i was trying to hold 165 pound Bob back. besides ,my weight, which was waaaay over the 70kg if that rated tire. 9bot didn't even have a rating on their s2 if i remember correctly.

anyway, if ur on one of these new euc's with decent rated tires, and ur getting wobbles, check ur air pressure. they usually say rated for x and x psi.

from age 19 to 24, i installed banking security equipment for diebold, inc.

if a trailer was overloaded for the tires, like when i'd rent a 6x12 uhaul a fill it up with safety deposit boxes or safes, yeah, haha, u see what wobbles are like when those sidewalls heat up. very dangerous.

used to turn those uhauls in and they'd be "u" shaped when i was done with them.

they couldn't  handle a vault door. my vault door trailer had 20 something ply tires. we built it and it was a beast. i built another for safes and safety deposit boxes. 

i never got a chance to play with pressures on the first euc with a properly rated tire, the z10. i think u would have to run it at max like i did.

Edited by novazeus
typo