Kingsong S20/S22 (Confirmed)

Mango

5 hours ago, techyiam said:

@Tawpie

Based on your S22 review on EEVEES website, are you also better with the weight and maneuverability of your Sherman too? 

Haha... I have no idea. The sherman has been gathering dust. Partly because it's looking for a new home and I don't want to run up the mileage, but mostly because I'm intent on becoming one with the oompaloompa.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, fbhb said:

King Song S22 2023 Version updates video:

I'm not terribly happy to see many many rollers in tight pockets. And hopefully they are going to do something like that pulley contraption to keep grit out or we're not in much better shape than we were before.

I wish "testing/demonstrations" were not just people bouncing on the wheel or riding down stairs... the old system was tolerably good at that already, at least until the glue/grease had a chance to setup. Show us Marty's car-like ride! Wow us with videos of some red in a delicate crystal wine glass standing on the display as you go cruising over cobblestones in your white pants.

(oh wait, maybe this is supposed to be an off-road big jumps wheel and they don't get that many of us want it to soak up the small road bumps as well)

Edited by Tawpie
  • Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

odometer

In EUC world, under the Wheel tab, there is 'Reset user distance'.

Clicking in it brings up 'Do you want to clear user distance for this wheel?'

Have never tried it, don't know.

Seems to suggest resetting odometer.

6 minutes ago, Paul A said:

The control boards seem to have two odometers... one that tracks total mileage and the other is more like a trip odometer. Resettable. I think "Reset user distance" resets the trip odometer. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Reasonable. Also, it sounds like you are trying not to go back to non-suspension wheels.

Not exactly trying, I still ride the 16X and MTen3 and they definitely have their place—both are vastly more nimble than the bigger suspension wheels. I like riding the hard tails on smooth well known roads. When I got the S18 I realized that I don't have to pay absolute attention to the path ahead, and that made riding much more relaxing... there is a real allure to that feeling, especially on long rides. Honestly the smaller wheels are more fun than the big ones on 10 mile and shorter jaunts. But I probably won't be off roading or commuting (52 mile return) on the 16X very much anymore, compared to a suspension wheel the extra mental effort just isn't worth it.

Edited by Tawpie
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Paul A said:

Trip odometer seems to be reset once EUC world is closed though.

Yes, the tour odometer is reset when the tour ends (which can be set to auto-end when the app quits). On page 2 there is "User distance" and "Total distance", I think reset user distance resets user distance. I meant 'trip odometer' in the sense that your car has a resettable odometer in addition to the vehicle odometer.

Edited by Tawpie

On 11/30/2022 at 10:29 PM, Paul A said:

User distance is miles logged on that specific wheel by euc world. If you uninstall euc world and reinstall it, the user distance will be reset to 0. It's completely separate from the actual wheel miles.

For instance if you buy a used wheel with 1600 miles, the wheel miles will say 1600, but user distance will be 0 since you haven't used that wheel before with euc world.

• Like 3

Hey @Seba, I used EucWorld to adjust the forward/backward pedal tilt of the S22 to compensate for the back heaviness of the wheel.  I adjusted mine 5 degrees forward the other day so the wheel doesn't move backwards at stand still.    But when I turned it on today, it seems like it  didn't save the settings as the wheel started moving backwards again.

Any thoughts as for the cause? thanks in advance!

Edited by nitecrawlr

23 hours ago, nitecrawlr said:

But when I turned it on today, it seems like it  didn't save the settings as the wheel started moving backwards again.

Happens to me too, sometimes when I turn it on it feels like it needs recalibration. But after a while it becomes normal again? Overall I find it too small of a difference to care about it. You can try recalibrating it.

18 minutes ago, novazeus said:

curious if anybody got a street tire on their s22?

I've heard of a number of folks that have changed to the Street Pilot 2 and are quite happy, I'm sticking with the stock knobby and learning to deal with it (it's fine).

If you do nothing else, be sure to clean out the so-called-grease from the sliders and optionally ensure that the bolts holding the shock aren't binding the suspension.

Exciting!

• Upvote 2

Mainboard firmware 2.25 is available in the KS app... early reports are that they're upped the thrust enough to notice the difference, have improved the braking, and tweaked the low temperature speed limit so you can still enjoy max wind chill when riding in the freezing cold.

(no, I haven't installed the upbreak yet so the above is hearsay, but I do plan on doing so next week!)

Edited by Tawpie
  • Upvote 2