mten3 even more awesome now: roll.nz EUC bodyguard for the mten3

[Split off from the RS topic. Direct link to EUC bodyguard pics in this very topic: click ]

On 1/8/2021 at 2:27 AM, StealthPhoenix said:

man i was thinking about getting the mten3 AFTER getting comfortable on my RS, just to do small errands nearby where i dont want to be a spectacle lugging this suitcase around haha. do you think its worth it just for that?

covid got me into this scene. i deleveraged my finances last year, got rid of my car, my motorcycle (too much crime in nyc) started taking the train, then transitioned into the brompton electric folding bicycle (totally worth it btw, and completely eliminated all public transport. ill uber if i need to. less stress, more peace, less sickly folks around me haha..), then got the onewheel pint as a supplement, and realized that i couldnt even make a 7 mile work commute without range anxiety, got rid of that too, and then finally got my RS.

no regrets remain, call me johnny tremain

yes it is. You will find that the mten is a compliment to any larger wheel. I have various sizes and the mten gets used quite a bit. Sometimes you just want to stroll at walk speeds. The mten is so easy for that, I can ride while my wife walks and we can hold hands. Aside her, or even ride backwards. Its VERY easy to stash in the car or even carry into places. Its unassuming and wont draw much attention. It has no built in trolley (sucks), but its just sturdy as hell. I have an aftermarket trolly, but i treat mine like a skateboard and we battle too often for that. I also hop on the mten to just go to the mailbox sometimes. Its a GREAT wheel to get around crowded places with, as its extremely fluid at slow speeds. You won't seem a threat to pedestrians much, as you also dont loom over them. You dont need to use a wheel ALL the time or as your primary transport, to find lots of value in it. The mten is also inexpensive enough that youll have lots of fun for not worry about it. It instills confidence and bravery. I try new things on the mten first, then apply them to my larger wheels. Oh itll hurt ya, but you wont approach it with that mindset. NI short... the mten is worth every penny, no matter if youve a large wheel or not. Trust me, its fun, its simple, its something youll try to talk brand newbies into trying to ride on. Join the cult... you KNOW you want to!:thumbup:

Edited by meepmeepmayer
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

yes it is. You will find that the mten is a compliment to any larger wheel. I have various sizes and the mten gets used quite a bit. Sometimes you just want to stroll at walk speeds. The mten is so easy for that, I can ride while my wife walks and we can hold hands. Its VERY easy to stash in the car or even carry into places. Its unassuming and wont draw much attention. It has no trolley (sucks), but its just sturdy as hell. I hop on the mten to just go to the mailbox sometimes. You dont need to use a wheel ALL the time or as your primary transport, to find lots of value in it. The mten is also inexpensive enough that youll have lots of fun for not worry about it. It instills confidence and bravery. Oh itll hurt ya, but you wont approach it with that mindset. NI short... the mten is worth every penny, no matter if youve a large wheel or not. Trust me, its fun, its simple, its something youll try to talk brand newbies into trying to ride on. Join the cult... you KNOW you want to!:thumbup:

ah...i know i want to! but my wants always get me into trouble haha. but fuck dude. i def want to be able to cover 5-10 blocks, at sprinting speed, on something that fits in my backpack. that would allow me to remain in my pjs on my days off, get minor groceries, shipments, in 15 minutes and be back home posthaste..i just wonder about the cruising comfort of that experience, over nyc bumps and stuff. cuz then id rather just walk. from my skateboarding days, im just about mentally done with feeling every single pebble rattle my knees at speed...but im just about there. one of these days i think im going to pull the trigger. but then at the last second, i just think...why not just just get the vet..:ph34r:..decisions decisions! thank you for liasing me to this dark side

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, StealthPhoenix said:

ah...i know i want to! but my wants always get me into trouble haha. but fuck dude. i def want to be able to cover 5-10 blocks, at sprinting speed, on something that fits in my backpack. that would allow me to remain in my pjs on my days off, get minor groceries, shipments, in 15 minutes and be back home posthaste..i just wonder about the cruising comfort of that experience, over nyc bumps and stuff. cuz then id rather just walk. from my skateboarding days, im just about mentally done with feeling every single pebble rattle my knees at speed...but im just about there. one of these days i think im going to pull the trigger. but then at the last second, i just think...why not just just get the vet..:ph34r:..decisions decisions! thank you for liasing me to this dark side

all good points. I like 10mph on the mten. Im a speed freak, but its not for that. Honestly, 10mph is still getting you places pretty fast. The mten doesnt do potholes or big hits at speed, but you can definitely crawl over LOTS of things. I take mine offroad for fun and crawl up my mountain. I dont think the mten is one for a person to use that's in a hurry. Comfort is not an issue, but its an awfully small tire to be moving very quickly.  I have large pedals and flattened them a hair. Its not an uncomfortable ride. Its comfy at speeds above easy bailout. Ive the slower version and I dont think that jumping off at top speed is easily recoverable.

The sherman is a beast, but its not end game or anything. If you have a wheel that can do good distance and speeds, you arent going to gain a WHOLE lot. Of course, if you need the range, you need the range... period. If you don't, maybe it would be a decent idea to feed the need witha  cheaper wheel for now, and get the sherman or gotway V3, next spring? Choices choices. Good news is that it hard to go wrong. It seems like most newer wheels are very similar in quality nowadays. Excluding the obvious errors on the newest releases, you pretty much get waht you pay for (on the sliding scale of euc value.)

Sorry for the derail, but im an mten freak...........    fwiw, rumor has it that you can even get a cover for the mten soon! Life is good!

• Like 1

Damn you @ShanesPlanet......now I want and mten! 

I don't even want it for quick trips to the store, my mcm5 does that perfectly, I just want it for goofing around, for having in the car when the wife wanted to go to a store that I think is horrible, to have something intimidating for others to try out in the hopes that at least one of my friends will catch this disease. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Flying W said:

I don't even want it for quick trips to the store, my mcm5 does that perfectly, I just want it for goofing around, for having in the car when the wife wanted to go to a store that I think is horrible, to have something intimidating for others to try out in the hopes that at least one of my friends will catch this disease. 

If that's the requirement, the Mten3's perfect. Its the perfect wheel for goofing around in a park & waste an hour. Its the perfect wheel for window shopping & mixing with crowds on sidewalks at pedestrian speeds. Its likely the funniest toy going at 5-10mph.

& Yes its THE PERFECT WHEEL for tossing in a car just in case there's a need to park miles away for free even if your destination has free parking😜

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Scottie888 said:

If that's the requirement, the Mten3's perfect. Its the perfect wheel for goofing around in a park & waste an hour. Its the perfect wheel for window shopping & mixing with crowds on sidewalks at pedestrian speeds. Its likely the funniest toy going at 5-10mph.

& Yes its THE PERFECT WHEEL for tossing in a car just in case there's a need to park miles away for free even if your destination has free parking😜

A million times this! WIfe wants to go into some stupid ass trinket or shoe store. Fine by me, I roll a smoke, grab the mten and amuse myself until she's now waiting on me. I make an excuse to always take it, in case my car breaks down, it gives me 10 miles of range to get to civilization. Mines proven tough enough, sometimes I just step off it and let the little bastard hit the crete. Meh, I'm too damn cool to worry about it.:ph34r:

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

I make an excuse to always take it, in case my car breaks down, it gives me 10 miles of range to get to civilization.

My thought process as well. Keep a wheel in the trunk and you are never stranded.

I'm keeping my mten3. I opened it up last night at work. No conformal coating on the controller but the"Gotway Glue Monster" did a decent job sealing the cutoff switch and front lighting panel. The wire management is acceptable. Didn't have time to take pictures. I can't figure out how to post them anyway.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/8/2021 at 3:07 PM, ShanesPlanet said:

Sorry for the derail, but im an mten freak...........    fwiw, rumor has it that you can even get a cover for the mten soon! Life is good!

@ShanesPlanet Roll.NZ just dropped the Bodyguard for the Mten3.  Just in case you are not already aware, I thought I'd let you know that Chrissi has finished and has them available Now!

The photos below were posted on Facebook, courtesy of: Tan Ho

139599125_10157641874151899_452765056429139612276_10157641874176899_581944204713

139644149_10157641874161899_776047166999139495140_10157641874251899_138280022326

139685520_10157641874286899_833888747668139498519_10157641874326899_613010744638

139879672_10157641874366899_342922892561

139710256_10157641874391899_454660586441

139556451_10157641874416899_222860796150

Edited by fbhb
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

I was giving RollNZ some time before mention, but i guess Tan beat me to it. Fwiw, Chrissy over at RollNZ is burning the midnight oil as she's designing many new types for many of the new wheels out this year.

Oh sweet that you already got one to help them with the design, nice one!  Yeah, I know Chrissi & Kevin are flat out working on numerous other Bodyguards for the wheels that arrived in their recent delivery of "Long Over Due" New wheels!

Edited by fbhb
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, fbhb said:

@ShanesPlanet Roll.NZ acaba de soltar el Bodyguard para el Mten3. En caso de que aún no lo sepas, pensé en hacerte saber que Chrissi ha terminado y los tiene disponibles ¡Ahora!

Las fotos a continuación se publicaron en Facebook, cortesía de: Tan Ho

139599125_10157641874151899_452765056429139612276_10157641874176899_581944204713

139644149_10157641874161899_776047166999139495140_10157641874251899_138280022326

139685520_10157641874286899_833888747668139498519_10157641874326899_613010744638

139879672_10157641874366899_342922892561

139710256_10157641874391899_454660586441

139556451_10157641874416899_222860796150

Total Off-topic 

On 1/16/2021 at 7:55 PM, ShanesPlanet said:

@fbhb Oh, you mean like this?  Thanks for the heads up, I'm enjoying it so far.  Mine's somewhat an early prototype and its damn close. I do think ROllNZ is making a few tweaks to make it even better. I plan on doing a vid soon and will showcase the covers in it. I can tell already it makes the mten a much more comfy experience. I was giving RollNZ some time before mention, but i guess Tan beat me to it. Fwiw, Chrissy over at RollNZ is burning the midnight oil as she's designing many new types for many of the new wheels out this year. I do know this... my purple 18 and purple mten are freaking gorgeous now!

eucbg.jpg

derail success!

Am I forced to buy the multicolor version?

Edited by EUChristian

@Rehab1 Not long at all, I've already been thinking and testing on scraps. I logo'd the crap out of my 18L and it looks/worked fine. However, I'm getting another cover with very minor revisions and embroidery. My first cover is quite amazing as is, so I'm a little reluctant to permenantly mark it yet...  Putting the cover on my beat up mten, pretty much gives me the new wheel look (and then some), better than new feeling, a little flair and I neednt even check the tire :). I plan on making one of the worst vids EVER, about the new cover and perhaps other random farkles that few care about at all. I'll warn you about it when I do.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 2

I saw one of these scooter covers at the pet store the other day.  A lot of people use them as poodle sweaters. 

By the way, by insulating the batteries, does the sweater extend range in cold weather and decrease range in hot weather?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Toad said:

I saw one of these scooter covers at the pet store the other day.  A lot of people use them as poodle sweaters. 

By the way, by insulating the batteries, does the sweater extend range in cold weather and decrease range in hot weather?

I think the difference would be negligible. Im presuming the covers don't change temps much either way, or we'd be seeing overheating complaints. That brisk winter air is probably not negated by the cover designs. Lots of open space where the wheel is still.

Edited by ShanesPlanet