Smart watches.

12 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

you have quite a few choices as 'companion' watches

Anyone know the specifics? 

What makes a 'companion' (cheap $50 or less) watch compatible with EUC World? How do I know which will work and which will not?

On 12/22/2020 at 4:23 AM, Pengloong said:

Riding Time, Distant and Top Speed are always showing zero

I just tested this and on my setup (Pebble Time Steel on Rebble with the helper app from @Seba’s video) both screens work and update. I know that doesn’t help your situation 😬

32 minutes ago, Jon Stern said:

Here's an interesting new development. It would need a decent 3D printed case adding, and maybe some kind of front light: https://gizmodo.com/the-watchy-is-an-open-source-smartwatch-for-those-who-m-1846050151

Alternatively you could buy a $20 smart watch ( a ttgo t-watch 2020 ) with a large battery, larger colour screen then install EUC-Dash which doesn't need a phone to connect to your wheel. It currently only works on Kingsong but the aim is to do Gotway/Begode  next. I use this on my wheel and I've been very impressed. It's still in development but is working fine. Here's the various displays:

maintile-s.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mike_bike_kite said:

Alternatively you could buy a $20 smart watch ( a ttgo t-watch 2020 ) with a large battery, larger colour screen then install EUC-Dash which doesn't need a phone to connect to your wheel. It currently only works on Kingsong but the aim is to do Gotway/Begode  next. I use this on my wheel and I've been very impressed. It's still in development but is working fine. Here's the various displays:

maintile-s.png

Does it have a daylight-readable screen?

48 minutes ago, Jon Stern said:

Does it have a daylight-readable screen?

I find it quite easy to read in the daylight but then I use the simple screen as my old eyes can't distinguish all the details on the full display and my poor befuddled brain doesn't want to know anything other than speed and battery %. There is also a brightness adjust but I haven't bothered with it. 

The Watchy looks like an interesting product, It looks very much like this: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001242620979.html with a modified main board to make it better suited for wrist wearing. Looking through the specs the hardware is basically identical to what's in the t-watch 2020 that I use for the EUC-Dash project so it should be easy to adapt the code to the Watchy as well (probably only have to redo the interface to suit e-ink) I really like the idea of an e-ink display for both sunlight visibility and power consumption. Sadly it looks like they have made the same design decision as on the t-watch to not include an external 32 khz signal needed to enable the BLE sleep mode. This will limit the battery life while connected to the wheel. Also they have used the pins needed to connect the crystal for other purposes so it's not an easy modification.

I like the design though and might order one when it becomes available.

Meanwhile I find the t-watch 2020 quite usable, I use it all the time for daily commuting now. The screen is quite readable even in the summer here in Brisbane and the battery lasts long enough for a normal day. At them moment I am working on some new features that will reduce the power consumption a bit more. Also I'm in the process rewriting the BLE code to enable support for Gotway, Inmotion and NineBot wheels. However as I don't have regular access to those wheels it is progressing very slowly and any help with implementing support for GW, IM or NB wheels would be greatly appreciated. I anyone want to help a bit just contact me.

• Like 1

If there's anything I can do to help with support for Gotway wheels, it would be my pleasure! I don't really have any coding experience though so it would probably come down to beta testing. I bought a P8 watch a while ago with the idea of using it with my Tesla V2.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

A warning about the Lemfo LEMT - do not attempt to remove the wristband. It has two pins inside holding the band on. If you try to get them off, so you can get the band off, it is very difficult (you'll need a hammer) and you have a very high chance of damaging the pins and causing your GPS to no longer function (apparently the two pins are used as GPS antennas and they are connected to the inside of the watch).

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

The project about ttgo t-watch 2020 is quite interesting, thank you,Pickelhaupt.

Is there anywhere a set of instructions for installation of EUC-Dash on the watch? Sorry, if I missed it. 

I am currently using Ticwatch e along with EUC World and it works excellent, except for the fact that my KS 16x occasionally looses connection with the phone, which is quite irritating. Also, the battery life is only around 2 hrs with brightest screen. This is the reason, I am interested in this project: to exclude my phone from the picture.

Thanks!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for not replying sooner, I have not been active on the forum for a while. There are some instructions in the GitHub repo here: https://github.com/Pickelhaupt/EUC-Dash-ESP32/tree/master/src Just tell me if they don't work. I have messed about a bit with the bluetooth connection code so if it doesn't work just tell me and I'll try to fix it. I haven't had a functioning t-watch for a while so development has been very slow lately :) just fixed it and will restart development. Also check out Enaon's project: https://github.com/enaon/eucWatch it's made for cheap NRF52832 P8 watches.

Cheers

• Like 1

• 1 year later...