Nikola 100V with 21700 cells

h3X

It's likely that an 21700 1800Wh (1776Wh exact) 100V Nikola is easy to build with only two standard "block" battery packs in the usual designated spots (if the bigger cells really do fit like the old ones). It would be the 100V 21700 equivalent of the 18650 84V 1600Wh which just has a standard battery pack on each side, nothing special or complicated.

I say the chances are good because it's (most likely) easy and obvious to do this:)

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

It's likely that an 21700 1800Wh (1776Wh exact) 100V Nikola is easy to build with only two standard "block" battery packs in the usual designated spots (if the bigger cells really do fit like the old ones). It would be the 100V 21700 equivalent of the 18650 84V 1600Wh which just has a standard battery pack on each side, nothing special or complicated.

I say the chances are good because it's (most likely) easy and obvious to do this:)

So besides the 2x 900wh 21700 packs on both sides, there's still space on top to put an extra (for example 500wh or more?) pack👍🔝

On 9/30/2019 at 5:50 PM, meepmeepmayer said:

Yep.. this is the sort of range I am getting on mine.. 21700 Nik plus 100v

C4A4FDFD-3771-40D1-BDD5-694236E19DAB.jpeg

• Like 3

@Afeez Kay If you would give us some photos of the new battery packs, that would be highly appreciated. How big they are, how they fit in the space designed for the slightly less narrow 18650 packs, just the packs in the wheel. Only one side panel opening needed;) I'm also wondering if your 21700 Nikola has the board on top or on the side.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

@Afeez Kay If you would give us some photos of the new battery packs, that would be highly appreciated. How big they are, how they fit in the space designed for the slightly less narrow 18650 packs, just the packs in the wheel. Only one side panel opening needed;) I'm also wondering if your 21700 Nikola has the board on top or on the side.

your answer can be found in this video of me and the owner of Gotway..;) the board is at the bottom.

Edited by Afeez Kay
  • Like 2

On 10/5/2019 at 4:08 AM, Afeez Kay said:
your answer can be found in this video of me and the owner of Gotway..;) the board is at the bottom.

Hmmm... this embedded video does not play on Safari Mac or iOS for me.  I did manage to get the video URL which also was a not straightforward.  I was able to play this video through the direct url,  just to confirm I had already seen this one.  This might be a forum software issue, Anyone else having issues with the embedding?

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/6/2019 at 2:35 PM, FreeRide said:

Hmmm... this embedded video does not play on Safari Mac or iOS for me.  I did manage to get the video URL which also was a not straightforward.  I was able to play this video through the direct url,  just to confirm I had already seen this one.  This might be a forum software issue, Anyone else having issues with the embedding?

Just tried on Safari and no issues. I generally use Chrome though.

• 4 weeks later...

I received mine yesterday as well.  Did a quick ride, feels like a magic carpet.  But turning needs quite some other technique than on my V10, this thing seems only want to steer in a straight line !

Edited by Kristof Willen
typo
  • Like 3

1800 with two standard packs, does that mean you could have even more by adding a 3rd pack like they've started doing with the older style batteries or is there not enough room for a 3rd pack now now since these cells are larger?

17 minutes ago, MrRobot said:

1800 with two standard packs, does that mean you could have even more by adding a 3rd pack like they've started doing with the older style batteries or is there not enough room for a 3rd pack now now since these cells are larger?

For the (physically) smaller 18650 pack, they already had to cut away some plastic. I don't see how a full 900Wh 21700 pack would fit. But you could build a custom 450Wh pack for 2250Wh altogether. Maybe their upcoming Tesla-like wheel will have two 450Wh packs, then you could take one and put it in this Nikola.

Edited by meepmeepmayer
spelling
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Well, I looked at the price. 2750€. I guess that's... fair actually.

Haha you fell into temptation.
Yeah I think it's fair too. Even more fair considering it's a very trustworthy seller who believes in after sales service.

The 2200Wh MSX from Loomo store (Ali) costs the same.

Decisions decisions!

• Like 2