Wow! GW Monster with an even BIGGER Batt.? 3108wh

1 hour ago, fred8569 said:

A new era has come. I'm so looking forward a full range test. Any guess anyone ? Will we finally reach 125+ miles 😅 on one single charge ?

considering 2460Wh Monster would get around 65 miles with my riding speed/style to 15%, I would imagine the 3100Wh model would get around 85. Amazing actually!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Jean Dublin said:

The description says they are 21700

Screenshot_20190925_113340_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd.png

26 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

21700s are the only thing that makes sense. The 2460Wh 18650 Monster mod is already packed to the brim with cells, I don't see how you could add even more. So this is the equivalent 21700 mod.

Looks like the official 21700 Gotways are close! Exciting!:dribble:

Unfortunately the 18650 and 21700 have about the same Energydensity (Wh/mm³):

d l V Capacity Cap/V
mm mm mm³ Wh Wh/mm3
18,6 65,2 17716 3,5 1,98E-04
21 70 24245 5,0 2,06E-04

Cylinders should always have the same package density - so the volumina for the same Wh battery pack will be the same, no matter if 18650 or 21700...

From what i've seen (read) till now the big advantage is the higher current capability - less internal resistance.

So battery packs with low number of cells in parallel (or even none in parallel?) for low power wheels like the ?i5? are feasable. Not like the old Airwheels/TG3 where the batteries were mostly overburdened...

But the LG MJ1 has with a current of 2A a measured real capacity of 2,58Ah downto 3.3V out of 3,5Ah nominal, the Samsung 30T 2,73 Ah out of 3 Ah nominal. So for the EUC usage profile one could get maybe much more usable capacity from the nominal capacity? Unfortunately there are no dampfakku.de measurements by now of a Panasonic 5Ah 21700 cell...

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Chriull said:

Cylinders should always have the same package density - so the volumina for the same Wh battery pack will be the same, no matter if 18650 or 21700...

Hmmm... less packaging material for bigger cells?

I'm also curious how everything will fit. The Gotway battery spaces are tight, not sure how they can get 1cm wider battery packs (5mm per cell with 2 cells next to each other) in there. Maybe it's a completely different physical layout and happens to work out better?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Hmmm... less packaging material for bigger cells?

I'm also curious how everything will fit. The Gotway battery spaces are tight, not sure how they can get 1cm wider battery packs (5mm per cell with 2 cells next to each other) in there. Maybe it's a completely different physical layout and happens to work out better?

knowing the innards of my monster inside out, there’s a little side to side clearance in the battery cavities to account for a slightly taller battery. worst case they’d dremel out one side of the cavity to make it fit. 

Given how much unused space is inside a factory 1845Wh Monster, they’ll find ways i’m sure. 

Edited by Ben Kim
  • Like 3

A 21700 battery 100V Monster is high on my list for my next wheel.  Especially if they can do it in such a way that the batteries don't have to be randomly placed into every nook and cranny of the wheel.  I don't think I really need 3000Wh, 2000-ish would be fine.

7 minutes ago, neurokinetik said:

A 21700 battery 100V Monster is high on my list for my next wheel.  Especially if they can do it in such a way that the batteries don't have to be randomly placed into every nook and cranny of the wheel.  I don't think I really need 3000Wh, 2000-ish would be fine.

The 21700 equivalent of the standard 1845Wh 100V Monster would be a 2664Wh 100V Monster. Good enough?;) For the 3108Wh they definitely need to cram batteries everywhere, but this slightly smaller capacity should fit the existing battery spaces nicely with 3 simple packs (just less wasted space than with the current 100V packs).

Edited by meepmeepmayer
wrong word
  • Like 2

waiting for a tesla using 21700s... monster already has ridiculously huge batteries and the form factor makes it the most inconvenient convenient PEV lol.. time for a tesla upgrade!!

• Like 2

Rywokast: Tesla 2 will never get 21700 ....
maybe some enthusiast will build a pack for but it will never come from Gotway

don't forget 21700 need better ventilation and cooling

Edited by Meserias

Someone on Facebook called "Way Chic" (not sure if that's Chicway, or not...) has been advising people not to buy 3108wh and to buy 2460wh instead, because 21700 batteries are used/second hand, from electric cars. 

Gotway confirmed that is not true, that they are brand new.

Probably that seller just wants to get rid of the stock, or just keep selling more by telling people not to buy the only option with bigger battery. No idea... 

Edited by Jean Dublin
  • Like 1