Nikola 100V with 21700 cells

h3X

8 hours ago, Mike Sacristan said:

Haha you fell into temptation.
Yeah I think it's fair too. Even more fair considering it's a very trustworthy seller who believes in after sales service.

1rad custom quality batteries with better BMS for about 1€/Wh... you really can't complain about that! Still expensive of course, but fair territory.

And if I had the money to spare, I'd already have ordered that thing:dribble:

8 hours ago, Mike Sacristan said:

The 2200Wh MSX from Loomo store (Ali) costs the same.

Decisions decisions!

Well, do you want a Nikola or MSX? Personally, I say 2700Wh (in Gotway math) > 2200Wh (I guess that is 1800 + 450 = 2250Wh?). The MSX seems quite expensive in comparison to this.

Edited by meepmeepmayer
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Rudy Sijnke said:

Gonna order one soon! 

Just had a ride with a German guy who has got this one and I'm superstoked about the raaaaaaaaaange! 😀🤗

Has this German guy did a full range test ?

For the order, on 1rad site, it still seems to be not possible to order one and we neither don't know how many models he will sell nor when (except if some'someone has privileged contact with him ☺️)

12 hours ago, Rudy Sijnke said:

Gonna order one soon! 

Just had a ride with a German guy who has got this one and I'm superstoked about the raaaaaaaaaange! 😀🤗

11 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Sweet! Regular or 1rad?

If 1rad, please make photos of the batteries in the wheel:)

11 hours ago, Rudy Sijnke said:

Einrad!

And please give us a description of the new BMS and the app! Once you had enough riding...:thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
On 12/16/2019 at 10:25 PM, meepmeepmayer said:

From the Ecodrift articles/shop:

100V 1800Wh 21700: 25.6kg

100V 1845Wh 18650: 25.9kg

Couldn't find weights for the other ones. Assuming 50g per 18650 cell, it should be 24.7kg (84V 1600Wh) and 26.7kg (84V 2100Wh). 100V 1230Wh should be 23.5kg. Based on the above measured weights.

-

Looks like 18650 vs. 21700 doesn't make a difference for a similar battery size. 21700s are not more weight efficient or anything:mellow:

Interestingly enough, I weighed the three 18650 packs out of my Nikola+, and they were 20lbs.  The two LiTech Molicel P42A 21700 packs only weigh 16.4lbs.  So that's a nice weight reduction, plus the better balance of not having that pack up at the top of the wheel.