Post Your Motorcycle

Who else in the EUC community rides motorcycles as well? Post up your current bike(s) for us to see.

Currently I have a 2013 Kawasaki Versys 650 setup for dualsport riding and a 2005 Stella 150cc 2 stroke 4 speed Vespa replica.

65684315_140019880522089_811070063787376640_n.jpg.352af10b095fb0a5d7a775c0c6985071.jpg

00u0u_9FtugAXSVcK_600x450.jpg

Edited by BleepBloopBlop
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Sold the 1100xx after realizing that NOONE on my streets can stay in their lane around blind turns. Besides that, the roads out here arent the type for +160mph touring. The supermoto is the most fun Ive ever had on a bike. Ive had bikes all my life, but am happily down to just the one. Now if we can just get those stupid loud harleys outta the way!

CbrxRhs.jpg

Smstreet.JPG

• Like 3

I worked in the industry and sold just about all the brands and have had probably close to 150 (yep, you read that currectly), I currently own a 2019 Honda Monkey and a 2017 KTM Duke 390 and a 2005 Suzuki GS500, funny how I've settled down to three little bikes.  I do have a 2020 Africa Twin 1100 on order though, had one before (DCT tranny), going with the manual this time.  Best bikes of all time imo are the Suzuki SV650 and Suzuki DR650, I've had a bunch of each, nothing fancy but great all rounders.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, buell47 said:

Buell X1 Lighting Millennium Edition 

Just ridden 21.000km since year 2000 and 0 km in the last 5 years. 

Now that unicycling has been added, it will probably remain at the mileage.:D

Buell-X1-01.jpg

Very Nice!!  I've ridden a few of the XB12's and the Ulysses and love that powerplant, always wanted one but just never worked out for me, that's a museum piece you have there:)

Hurts my head to have anything around as a collectible. I sold my last XX because it sat for 2 years. Everytime I walk by ANY of my toys that havent been used in a while, I feel ashamed and usually sell. Thats a sexy buell, but it surely deserves to be ridden :)

Harley made a huge profit last year. $431 million after expenses, while investing heavily in small eBikes and even eBicycles.

https://investor.harley-davidson.com/news-releases/news-release-details/harley-davidson-announces-fourth-quarter-full-year-2019-results

Until last summer I had a BMW K1200 that wasn't reliable, but I've owned mostly standard sporty bikes like CBRs, SVs, zx750, gsx400s throughout the years.

I'm not interested anymore in motorcycles, but my favorites were the small standards like the SV650 and the GSX400. I eventually just went to bicycles and electric bicycles (and EUCs), and that way cheaper and healthier than motorcycles. If I lived on a racetrack of course I would own a motorcycle, but the pain of putting on gear, riding for miles to find a twisty road, then riding back become ridiculous.

In contrast you can ride a bicycle or an EUC pretty damned hard, around your block, scrapping pedals and on (and crashing!) without being much noticed by any one. Riding either is also extremely cheap, although bicycles have the advantage of getting one exercised.

I'd guess most people here will eventually buy a 2-wheeles electric scooter, as motors get stronger and batteries cheaper.

Edited by LanghamP

2 hours ago, LanghamP said:

I'd guess most people here will eventually buy a 2-wheeles electric scooter, as motors get stronger and batteries cheaper.

I'm hoping they figure out how to make a 1 wheeled motocrosser- powerful like an Alta with suspension and a true knobby, able to send you sailing through the air over a double jump 😁

• Like 1

I used to always have Moto Guzzis but traffic in London was getting heavier and I found I was getting knocked off a little too regularly so I changed to scooters. Currently in the garage I have:

• Vespa GT 200 - had it since new (2003) and was used daily until
  • Vespa GTS 250 - a bit faster and started easier in winter. Bought this new and used daily until scooter theft became a huge issue in London. After being surrounded twice at the lights by gangs on stolen scooters I decided to swap to change back to motorbikes.
  • Honda NC750X - it's a brilliant bike for commuting or simply just living with (80mpg while doing 80mph on motorway anyone? 8000 mile service intervals). It's also great around the city. I'll admit it doesn't have a lot of soul so for the weekends I bought
  • Royal Enfield Classic 500 Pegasus - I love kick starting it in the morning and just riding anywhere. It's not at all fast, a bit impractical and I don't take it out if it's raining but it's been reliable and great fun. I ended up using it as my daily commuter.  
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, jonm42 said:

Which variant did you get?

I didn't know there were variants! Mine one is green. It's a 500 so it's injection rather than carb but I suspect I prefer this - I've never had an issue with an injection bike while I remember trying to balance the 4 carbs on my XJR 1300 being a bit of a nightmare. I've kept the pillion pad on with mine because the wife actually likes going for rides on this one. She's hated every other bike I've had apart from the Guzzi California. They are slow compared to any modern bike but I'm happy to cruise along at 50mph. One of the nice things about having a slower bike is that I don't end racing and instead just enjoy the ride.

I think if you want a classic bike but aren't so keen on all the maintenance they entail then a modern Enfield Classic is a pretty good deal. The disk brake version is much safer in modern traffic than the older drum brake version. The Pegasus model sold out quite early as it was a limited run but the standard Classic 500 in black is lovely. There is also a 350cc Pegasus but that isn't such a limited edition. They're particularly good as a 2nd bike especially if you can keep it in a garage and out of the elements. My original intention was to just use mine at weekends but I ended up using it every day as long as it wasn't raining. In the 2 years I've had it, it's only had one small pilot bulb break (I guess vibration) and I just replaced it with a warm glow LED bulb. I don't have a photo of mine but it's similar to this one except mine has a brown leather seat and grips.

I suspect the main reason why I like it is because I feel a bit like Marlon Brando or Steve McQueen every time I get aboard and kick start it.

Royal-Enfield-Classic-500-Pegasus-Editio

13 minutes ago, mike_bike_kite said:

I suspect the main reason why I like it is because I feel a bit like Marlon Brando or Steve McQueen every time I get aboard and kick start it.

I was thinking "The Great Escape" my own self :) ...

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, mike_bike_kite said:

suspect the main reason why I like it is because I feel a bit like Marlon Brando or Steve McQueen every time I get aboard and kick start it.

It has a kickstart?! OMG I love kick-starting any bike, but especially those ancient Kawasaki kz1000's. Those bikes started so smooooth.

I remember being almost but not quite a teenager, and kick-starting those kw80 2-strokes. No license, no helmet, no skills whatsoever, no problem. It took me weeks to figure out there was this little knob that adjusted the idle, so during that time I'd stall my bike at every stop. Every. Damn. Time. Got really good at kick-starting a bike, though.

• Like 1

It still takes a bit of a knack on the Enfield. You need one kick with the clutch pulled in to free up the clutch. Roughly another 4 kicks with the clutch out to get the piston ready to fire and also move the oil about in the engine. Then you turn the key on. If it's cold you need to hold the choke thingy out. Then you need a long steady kick to fire it up (sometimes quite a few more than one). Then you wait for a minute basking in the adoring gaze of young ladies while the engine warms.

(Of course it has an electric start but I never use it)

19 minutes ago, mike_bike_kite said:

Then you wait for a minute basking in the adoring gaze of young ladies while the engine warms.

You are obviously in the wrong neighborhood if you are only waiting a minute.

1 hour ago, mike_bike_kite said:

It still takes a bit of a knack on the Enfield. You need one kick with the clutch pulled in to free up the clutch. Roughly another 4 kicks with the clutch out to get the piston ready to fire and also move the oil about in the engine. Then you turn the key on. If it's cold you need to hold the choke thingy out. Then you need a long steady kick to fire it up (sometimes quite a few more than one). Then you wait for a minute basking in the adoring gaze of young ladies while the engine warms.

(Of course it has an electric start but I never use it)

If it's cold all bets are off, but I had great success in impressing other motorcyclists by gently pushing/pumping the kickstart lever until it reached resistance, backing off, then giving it a long kick with follow through.

I don't know what that bit of resistance it, top dead center or bottom dead center, but if you can move the piston to that position then your chances of kickstarting greatly increases. That resistance needs to be at the beginning of the kickstart stroke.

Nothing is more glorious than basking in the WTF gazes of other motorcyclists when you kick a kz1000 (sitting down cause I'm cool) on the first kick, while the owner is trying to explain to you how to do it, and how hard it is. His instructions died on his lips...

• 4 months later...

Suzuki V-Strom DL1000. Ridden all over Europe. Lately only for commute Leuven-Brussel. Big and high bike. I expect to keep riding it until it falls apart. The next motorcycle, in a few years from now, will probably be an electrical one. I believe that riding a motorcycle has helped me for learning how to ride a unicycle.

SUZUKI-DL1000-V-Strom-1000-6350_1.jpg&f=

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, bartm said:

Suzuki V-Strom DL1000. Ridden all over Europe. Lately only for commute Leuven-Brussel. Big and high bike. I expect to keep riding it until it falls apart. The next motorcycle, in a few years from now, will probably be an electrical one. I believe that riding a motorcycle has helped me for learning how to ride a unicycle.

SUZUKI-DL1000-V-Strom-1000-6350_1.jpg&f=

My friend rides that same bike, has 28k miles and running strong.  I had a TL1000s and SV1000 (naked) with that engine, I enjoy v-twins.

• 7 months later...

Thread ressurection, I Googled "how to carry an EUC on a motorcycle". I didn't find any good answers but found this thread, so I had to throw up some 'family' pics:

cXpAHvS.jpg

My 2006 CBR1000RR, which I'm selling this spring.

b5p2mRF.jpg

My new dirt bike, a 2020 KTM 350 EXC-F

UMpU8Gw.jpg

My other new toy, 2020 KTM 1290 Super Adventure S. Now I just have to figure out how to load my EUC on this thing...

• Like 2