Post Your Motorcycle

5 hours ago, damnbiker said:

Thread ressurection, I Googled "how to carry an EUC on a motorcycle". I didn't find any good answers but found this thread, so I had to throw up some 'family' pics:

cXpAHvS.jpg

My 2006 CBR1000RR, which I'm selling this spring.

b5p2mRF.jpg

My new dirt bike, a 2020 KTM 350 EXC-F

UMpU8Gw.jpg

My other new toy, 2020 KTM 1290 Super Adventure S. Now I just have to figure out how to load my EUC on this thing...

Nice bikes.  As for carrying an euc. Lay down a peice of fabric, lay the euc on its side on the bitch pad and bungeee the hell out of it!

1 hour ago, ShanesPlanet said:

As for carrying an euc. Lay down a peice of fabric, lay the euc on its side on the bitch pad and bungeee the hell out of it!

Personally, I wouldn't trust bungee straps for something heavy. I had a 17Kg (38lbs) propane gas tank bungeed to the back of my bike. It looked secure when I set off but then it overtook me on a dual carriageway in a busy city street. It ended up cartwheeling down the road. I ended up riding along side it to stop it spinning into the cars (could be expensive), I didn't have a plan for if it went into the pedestrians. Biggest worry was if the tank ruptured and it blew up - we'd already had a few terrorist incidents that year and I didn't want to appear on the news as a martyr. I use ROK straps now.

I keep looking at these type of bikes and wondering what it might be like on something like the Trans America Trail (TAT). I've been all over America already on a motorbike so I'd probably aim for European version (TET). Actually, never having gone very far off road (apart from in accidents), I'd probably start with doing the UK part of it (TET UK). Has anybody tried doing any of these?

There's often quite a bit of mileage involved so it might be better with something less trail and more adventure. I've had big adventure bikes like the BMW GS but I don't fancy picking that up after a fall. I was quietly wondering about the Royal Enfield Himalayan - it's not fast but then nor am I, it's comfortable and has decent range. Something to plan for in the next few years.

5 hours ago, mike_bike_kite said:

I keep looking at these type of bikes and wondering what it might be like on something like the Trans America Trail (TAT). I've been all over America already on a motorbike so I'd probably aim for European version (TET). Actually, never having gone very far off road (apart from in accidents), I'd probably start with doing the UK part of it (TET UK). Has anybody tried doing any of these?

There's often quite a bit of mileage involved so it might be better with something less trail and more adventure. I've had big adventure bikes like the BMW GS but I don't fancy picking that up after a fall. I was quietly wondering about the Royal Enfield Himalayan - it's not fast but then nor am I, it's comfortable and has decent range. Something to plan for in the next few years.

The TA trail runs close by but I haven't tried any of it, I've heard it's sort of boring but these guys like it really rough and technical, I have a new Africa Twin that I wouldn't take on it, too heavy, my little 300 would be very good, maybe when I get some time off work, I'll check it out.  I like the Himalayan but have never ridden one, I'd like to, they look neat and seem to be pretty durable, you should angle one and hit the trails!!  I like the new Yamaha Tenere 700 but you can't find one here, they're supposed to have good off-road chops, everything here is super rough so I'm limited.  Check out the new Sur Ron Storm Bee, not available here yet but looks nice, it's electric so you'd be limited on range, I have the smaller Light Bee and it's awesome!

I've got 13ish bikes at the moment (ish as there are a few in various stages of disassembly). 2020 Husqvarna Svartpilen 701, 2007 Yamaha TT-R90E (little pitbike, hehe), 2005 Kawasaki Ninja 250, 2003 Ducati Monster 620, 2001 Cagiva Gran Canyon, 2001 KTM Duke II 640, 1995 Ducati 900SS, 1995 Ducati 916, 1994 Ducati 888 SPO LTD (retirement fund bike), 1993 Ducati 888 SPO, 1971 Honda CL100, and 2 Circa~1968 Benelli 110cc pocket bikes (they look like the Dynamo, but I'm not sure if they are or not).

I'll see about posting pics at some point. New phone, and most of my bikes are in a storage unit or at a garage that's not mine, lol.

m,n

On 3/20/2021 at 4:27 PM, RetroThruster said:

Another new bike for me, y'all know me by now, I go thru a lot of bikes:)

8GkKDsz.jpg

Sure looks like fun. It will probably match up well with the paratrooper look that seems to be so popular atm... We'll have to ride out soon on the ole supermotos and find some legally grey area riding...  I need to figure out how to fit my sherm on the back of mine. Of course, the 18L fits just fine and its my goto anyhow.

Edited by ShanesPlanet

11 hours ago, EUCRexy said:

I've got 13ish bikes at the moment (ish as there are a few in various stages of disassembly). 2020 Husqvarna Svartpilen 701, 2007 Yamaha TT-R90E (little pitbike, hehe), 2005 Kawasaki Ninja 250, 2003 Ducati Monster 620, 2001 Cagiva Gran Canyon, 2001 KTM Duke II 640, 1995 Ducati 900SS, 1995 Ducati 916, 1994 Ducati 888 SPO LTD (retirement fund bike), 1993 Ducati 888 SPO, 1971 Honda CL100, and 2 Circa~1968 Benelli 110cc pocket bikes (they look like the Dynamo, but I'm not sure if they are or not).

I'll see about posting pics at some point. New phone, and most of my bikes are in a storage unit or at a garage that's not mine, lol.

LOL, and I thought I had a problem with my 5 bikes!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, damnbiker said:

LOL, and I thought I had a problem with my 5 bikes!

It's a disease (hint:it ain't covid) & we all have it. I don't doubt you'll be having the same "problem" with EUCs 😜

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, /Dev/Null said:

After way too many electrical problems and now have a 2012 FJR 1300. 

I remember taking one of those for a test drive. I was young and stupid and quickly managed to hit ludicrous speeds. Fortunately I was just about bright enough to understand I was going to kill myself on the thing and didn't buy it in the end. Though a decade or two later I bought an XJR 1300SP - that was a cartoon of a bike that looked amazing but having no fairing meant it was torture at speed. I still nearly ended up killing myself on the thing and crashed at 80mph - I managed to save all the bodywork etc by somehow getting stuck under the bike until it came to a stop. Ended up riding it home with broken ribs and a broken foot :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...