Will I learn how to drive EUC???

caravela

On 9/6/2019 at 1:45 PM, Blueblade said:

I don't know about others, but once you know how to ride, doesn't it make you wonder what was so hard about it in the first place? It seems so easy once you have it down. 

Once it clicked for me, if someone asks me how I stay up on it, I have to say “I don’t know.” Whereas the day before it clicked, I could have explained in detail every single thing I was doing to try to remain upright. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mono said:

Now try riding backwards :rolleyes:

Yes, that definitely takes it to the next level!  I've been trying, but not diligently.  I think I am close though.  I suppose that it will seem easy too, at some point, but not now!  Right now I'd estimate it to be about 4x as hard as learning to ride forwards, but I am probably not qualified to provide such estimates, not yet being among the backwards riding crowd yet myself...

Going backwards same as going forwards once it clicks and your brain understands👍 it's quite easy from then on

these videos are all in one month

Now don't give up just keep trying,, it will click  i have been riding forwards for nearly 2 years though 😬

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Aneta said:

...and what is faceplant called when riding backwards?

I think buttplant or backplant. :efee612b4b:

I was at a skate park once and though I would do a slope backwards. I lost balance backwards and fell on my ass.
Another time I was going to do a j-turn (riding forwards, stopping, twisting the wheel and going into backwards) and hit a bump while going backwards. Lost balance and fell on my ass and then rolled a bit onto my back.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Aneta said:

...and what is faceplant called when riding backwards?

I believe it's called: "death".

Falling while moving backwards your limbs are likely not able to break your fall the same way you do when moving forwards, so you're much more likely to hit the back of your skull on the ground.

• Like 1

On 12/4/2019 at 3:36 PM, AtlasP said:

I believe it's called: "death".

Falling while moving backwards your limbs are likely not able to break your fall the same way you do when moving forwards, so you're much more likely to hit the back of your skull on the ground.

True, it's difficult to hit the ground with the back of the skull when falling forward, and it's difficult to hit the ground with the face when falling backwards. Backward falls are obviously more difficult to run off (though @Austin Marhold claimed to be able catch 10-16km/h), so chances are to go to the ground more often.

I have been falling backwards a few times and never hit my head.

It seems it's (much) easier to roll away a backwards fall than a forward fall. If one keeps sticking the ass out while going backwards, as one should, a roll over the butt seems the natural course of events when stumbling and falling. The natural body rotation which is quite delicate in a forward fall is in this case not that bad at all.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So, I'm a noobie rider and finally got confortable to ride around my neighborhood. It's a calm, low trafic, nice streets place. I'm used to put about 2 or 3 miles, before my ankles start to sore, but I'm sure that will solve itself, because I had the same pain when I started with skateboard and now it's gone.

But, the funny thing was: my legs stoped working when I was riding. They started shaking so mutch that my EUC was jumping with me. I had to stop riding, rest and try again. 

This hobbie is very funny, but is taking a lot of my sedentary muscles. 

One thing that I learn with EUC, go slow at the start, have patience, and everyone learns at diferent rates. I wish to get used to ride my first one, so I can get a nice one with longer range and high speed.

• Like 2