What Happens To Your EUC Boxes?

Rehab1

3 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Stupid question but what does everyone do with their EUC boxes?

I’m tidying up my shop but hate to throw away the OEM boxes and the styrofoam packing in the event I sell a wheel. 

48001375726_b836417bc7_b.jpg

Why would you want to sell a wheel... again 😜

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Why would you want to sell a wheel... again 😜

I made a promise to my wife that the next time I fractured something I would sell all of my wheels......and then start over again. ;)

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Five wheels here; I throw the boxes away because nothing depreciates faster than wheel, except ice cream.

You're not going to get much out of your older wheels, both because the tech advances quickly and the market is small. Resale of all appliances is getting ridiculously low; we went from being able to sell microwave to being unable to give it away.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LanghamP said:

You're not going to get much out of your older wheels, both because the tech advances quickly and the market is small. Resale of all appliances is getting ridiculously low; we went from being able to sell microwave to being unable to give it away.

Last year I sold 4 or 5 wheels that were relatively new in just a few days so the boxes came in handy. 

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

Back in the old days when I only had like 4 wheels, I kept the boxes. Unlike you Midwesterners, I have no basement or attic to store stuff away.

My boxes go straight to the garbage. 

Yes if you accumulated are of your boxes you could build a fort. I have a large attic at work so I plan to hang onto mine. 

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Wow that InMotion box is huge and i thought the Z10 had a huge box!

I keep it in a place like a small loft/attic space that is above the bathroom, along side with other stuff like xmas tree, baby's 1-2y clothes, old photos, cd cases etc.

I'll bring it down to get the fender if the rains come back in sept/oct.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lefteris said:

Wow that InMotion box is huge and i thought the Z10 had a huge box!

I keep it in a place like a small loft/attic space that is above the bathroom, along side with other stuff like xmas tree, baby's 1-2y clothes, old photos, cd cases etc.

I'll bring it down to get the fender if the rains come back in sept/oct.

I knew there had to be a box buddy out there!:thumbup:

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Lefteris said:

Look i like the box, it's not that it's in my livingroom, it's hidden and it doesn't bother anyone, so ... ;)  

I have the luxury of a pull down staircase at work with ample attic space. 

48008002288_2dfd34a3c7_b.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 6/5/2019 at 6:35 PM, Rehab1 said:

I have the luxury of a pull down staircase at work with ample attic space. 

Same here, boxes go to attic. Single-story house with open gable (yes, I had to look that up) -roof, attic space runs through the entire house, with pull-down ladder. Most of the space doesn't have flooring anymore though, I tore most of it off when we moved in, to get more rock wool blown into the space.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, esaj said:

Same here, boxes go to attic. Single-story house with open gable (yes, I had to look that up) -roof, attic space runs through the entire house, with pull-down ladder. Most of the space doesn't have flooring anymore though, I tore most of it off when we moved in, to get more rock wool blown into the space.

Another box buddy with attic space. :thumbup: I feel a wheel is worth more if sold with the original packaging. It worked for me. 

• Upvote 1

Well I had two boxes at a point, now I have only one. My KS18L box. It is stored in a corner in my garage. Never moved it to attic after last rework service to fix my headlamp and trolley v1 stems(first time). 

My first box for V8 got binned as I sold my V8 wheel locally and buyer had a V8 box already. 

I think I will keep my KS16X box in the garage too, once my KS16X arrives. They will serve as bumper protector for when I reverse into parking the car. 

I think I work have space for at lease 10 more boxes... If I were to got @Marty Backestyle 🙄 maybe even more, as I use the car very little these days. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Unventor said:

I think I will keep my KS16X box in the garage too, once my KS16X arrives.

Good idea!

I many start rotating wheels as new models come out, such as selling the Inmotion V10F when my 16X arrives, so having the original box will come in handy.

Edited by Rehab1

On 6/4/2019 at 11:36 PM, Rehab1 said:

I’m tidying up my shop but hate to throw away the OEM boxes and the styrofoam packing in the event I sell a wheel. 

Do they still come with a contract in each box? :P

• Like 1

13 hours ago, z3n said:

Do they still come with a contract in each box? :P

Yes I use a waiver now.  I also used a waiver when I sold my experimental helicopter. Unfortunately the pilot and passenger died in a crash but it was determined to be pilot error so no law suit was filed. 

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 6/4/2019 at 6:36 PM, Rehab1 said:

I don't dare to look at this picture anymore...at home.. One of my cats would go super crazzy as she has something about hidding in boxes. :ph34r:

I guess she would be in rehabs' heaven around all those boxes. I try to keep it down to 3 shoe boxes as it takes up much floor space otherwise.:efef927839:

And the other cat has of course a shreeding foam fetish.....<_<

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

There is a handy shelf above my closet where those big, beige euc boxes blend in with my beige painted walls.

However, little Amazon boxes are conspicuously strewn all over the place. (I'm always filling them with bric-a-brac and need to sort this out and organize all my junk.)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RayRay said:

There is a handy shelf above my closet where those big, beige euc boxes blend in with my beige painted walls.

However, little Amazon boxes are conspicuously strewn all over the place. (I'm always filling them with bric-a-brac and need to sort this out and organize all my junk.)

Photo!:popcorn:

I have to get rid off the boxes before wifey finds out where all my money is going.

Just kidding, we have a small apartment no room for huge boxes. Try to google translate the house type -> terraced house, is that a thing??

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lirva said:

I have to get rid off the boxes before wifey finds out where all my money is going.

Just kidding, 

And here I thought we were brothers.;)

I hide all of my boxes at work. Unfortunately my wife’s sister works for me.:cry2: