Gotway large pedal options?

erk1024

Currently using a KS18xl with the 10" pedals. If my feet are centered on the pedals, that's too far back. So to be in the proper position, I can feel the front edge of the pedal in the space between the ball of my foot and the toes. That's the problem with having size US 14 feet.

So my question is, if I bought a Gotway MSX for example, how would I get big enough pedals?

• The Nikola pedals are an inch shorter (9") so maybe they would be long enough or maybe not.
  • I could take off the top plate and try to fabricate something. Not sure I've got the tools for that. 
  • maybe I could weld extensions to the existing plates? Are they steel?
  • Is there somebody who makes larger pedals for EUC's?
  • Like 1

You would've hated riding around on EUC's two years ago, all the pedals were so tiny that you could only have half your foot on, you'd stick the front half off if you were trying to go fast, and the back half off when you're going down a hill. The pedals you have are some of the biggest most comfortable out there. Insanely large compared to my 14c. The 18xl pedals are huge in comparison, and much much more comfortable. I know @Smoother and @mrelwood have made their own pedal extensions, they might like to chime in here. 

I'll just leave this pic of a 14c with the pedal out. Hehehe, it's tiny!

IMG_0160.JPG.f2865ec4d1e7a995b9f3631bb9a

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I have found it easiest just to replace the pedal top plate with a shoe-sized DIY plate. The ends do take large forces at times, so choice of material is crucial. Even a 5 mm aluminium plate is only enough with a 90 degree L-shaped support bar, not sure how muh steel would suffice without supports.

B1C363B2-2908-46AF-9178-A07340922707.jpeg.65529e2b76053bd3620988fd2797daa2.jpeg

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, stephen said:

IMG-20190504-183643.jpg

The right pedal (left in the photo) dihedral angle is quite a bit steeper than the other. Perhaps a bit of filing down would be in place to increase comfort?

21 hours ago, kasenutty said:

You would've hated riding around on EUC's two years ago, all the pedals were so tiny that you could only have half your foot on, you'd stick the front half off if you were trying to go fast, and the back half off when you're going down a hill. The pedals you have are some of the biggest most comfortable out there. Insanely large compared to my 14c. The 18xl pedals are huge in comparison, and much much more comfortable. I know @Smoother and @mrelwood have made their own pedal extensions, they might like to chime in here. 

I'll just leave this pic of a 14c with the pedal out. Hehehe, it's tiny!

IMG_0160.JPG.f2865ec4d1e7a995b9f3631bb9a

Yep, My first wheel was a 14C too.  Hate those pedals, more like motorcycle foot pegs.  I could feel the front edge across the middle of the balls of my feet.  Rolling right off the front edge over bumps or steep hills, was so easy to do.  I went from that to the biggest (know) pedals in existence; 34.5cm I think.  Soooo much nicer.

I think @EUC GUY was the original inspiration for extended pedals.

Edited by Smoother
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, mrelwood said:

The right pedal (left in the photo) dihedral angle is quite a bit steeper than the other. Perhaps a bit of filing down would be in place to increase comfort?

There's a few pictures i have where it looks like one pedal is higher than the other , i have measured the angle and they are both the same ,i like how it rides I'm in 2 thoughts of filing ,,i just don't know because I'm enjoying how it feels 🤔 maybe later I'll see 😊

• Upvote 1

Just now, stephen said:

There's a few pictures i have where it looks like one pedal is higher than the other , i have measured the angle and they are both the same ,i like how it rides I'm in 2 thoughts of filing ,,i just don't know because I'm enjoying how it feels 🤔 maybe later I'll see 😊

Does the Nikola-plates have the same angle as the original MSX-plates?

4 minutes ago, Olav said:

Does the Nikola-plates have the same angle as the original MSX-plates?

They seem a little steeper but they are wider pedals , it's the pedal hangers what produce the angle.

Here's a pic of my msx with a msx pedal and a nikola pedal on

IMG-20190501-093608.jpg

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

I am looking for larger pedals for my Tesla. Would Nikola pedals fit to Tesla brackets? Would you measure and provide the size of Nikola pedals? Unfortunatelly I cannot find sizes of different pedals to compare myself.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Gother said:

I am looking for larger pedals for my Tesla. Would Nikola pedals fit to Tesla brackets? Would you measure and provide the size of Nikola pedals? Unfortunatelly I cannot find sizes of different pedals to compare myself.

• 8 months later...
On 6/3/2019 at 4:22 PM, erk1024 said:

Currently using a KS18xl with the 10" pedals. If my feet are centered on the pedals, that's too far back. So to be in the proper position, I can feel the front edge of the pedal in the space between the ball of my foot and the toes. That's the problem with having size US 14 feet.

So my question is, if I bought a Gotway MSX for example, how would I get big enough pedals?

• The Nikola pedals are an inch shorter (9") so maybe they would be long enough or maybe not.
  • I could take off the top plate and try to fabricate something. Not sure I've got the tools for that. 
  • maybe I could weld extensions to the existing plates? Are they steel?
  • Is there somebody who makes larger pedals for EUC's?

As a fellow size 14 US sneaker I am bumping this thread. Hoping for a simple template/solution to extending or replacing my KS 18XL pedals (yes, even the “big” ones are too small)

• 2 years later...