EUC Comparison Table (major updates)

AtlasP

@Marty Backe You are hereby impressed (as in impressment) to measure all your real tire diameters at the next opportunity;)

3 minutes ago, AtlasP said:

How do we make this happen or some equivalently more trustworthy scenario?

As you say: a person measuring multiple wheels. If some people do that, in combination with other people's measurements, ultimately some ground truth should emerge. 1/4 inch is exact enough, so I'm not worried about people measuring wrong or being untrustworthy.

• Upvote 1

Also there aren't so many types of tires used, so we just need to fill out the list:

• mten3
  • 14x2.125 (standard tire for 14 inchers)
  • 16x1.9 (V8 old)
  • 16x2.125 (V8 new, all the older 16 inchers like Tesla, 16S, ACM, GT16, ...)
  • 16x2.5 (Lhotz?)
  • 16x3 (Nikola, 16X)
  • 18x4.2 Z10 tire (actually 18 inches diameter)
  • 18x2.5 (18XL, ms3)
  • 18x3 resp. 19x3 (MSX)
  • Monster tire

On 7/8/2019 at 11:18 AM, meepmeepmayer said:
  • 16x1.9 (V8 old)
  • 16x2.125 (V8 new...

My understanding is that this is actually backwards (V8 old vs new). Supposedly the V8 initially had a 2.125" tire along with the other similar 16's at the time, but tolerances were too tight and sometimes it would rub and so they went down to a 1.95". Of course now the new V8F resolves this is and is back up to a 2.125" tire.

Edited by AtlasP
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

Thank you very much for the table. :)

Sorry to ask for it, but instead of manually inputting the weight in Kg in your table, which is very often missing, would it be possible to input a formula (1 lb = 0.454 kg)?

As I am not that good into on the spot calculus :whistling:, it would be very helpful for me ... (and I guess many people outside US)

Oh wow, someone found and revived this old thread. A *lot* has been changed compared to when this was posted over a year ago.

--

The table already includes automatic conversions for *manufacturer specs* when provided. (You'll see explicitly-provided numbers in black whereas auto-conversions are in gray. Sometimes the MF provides both/their own conversion, which is why sometimes both are entered in black.) The bigger problem for why you're not seeing metric values for some wheels in some rows is that the manufacturer does not provide specs specific to that model+configuration. (Gotway is the worst offender of this--they often give spec ranges for a set of configurations and not per each specific one.)

I currently don't have conversions set up for *ewheels* values mostly because I am wrestling with how much space it takes up to have so many rows duplicated, and ewheels is mainly a NA distributor. One alternative to this problem would be to have separate sheets/tabs for imperial and metric, but which comes with a whole host of other problems keeping everything in sync (I've messed with this approach once or twice already, although I may give it another go sometime later this year). Eventually I'd like to migrate to some kind of generated web page which could let you toggle between imperial and metric using drop-downs, but that may be a while away yet.

Edited by AtlasP
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, AtlasP said:

Oh wow, someone found and revived this old thread. A *lot* has been changed compared to when this was posted over a year ago.

--

My table already now includes automatic conversions for manufacturer specs when provided. (You'll see explicitly-provided numbers in black whereas auto-conversions are in gray.)

I currently don't have conversions set up for ewheels values mostly because I am wrestling with how much space it takes up to have so many rows duplicated, and ewheels is mainly a NA distributor. One alternative to this problem would be to have separate sheets/tabs for imperial and metric, but which comes with a whole host of other problems keeping everything in sync (I've messed with this approach once or twice already, although I may give it another go sometime later this year). Eventually I'd like to migrate to some kind of generated web page which could let you toggle between imperial and metric using drop-downs, but that may be a while away yet.

If you need some Excel help, let me know.  I do complicated stuff in Excel for a living and can help with conversion tabs or drops down.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AtlasP said:

--

The table already includes automatic conversions for *manufacturer specs* when provided. (You'll see explicitly-provided numbers in black whereas auto-conversions are in gray. Sometimes the MF provides both/their own conversion, which is why sometimes both are entered in black.) The bigger problem for why you're not seeing metric values for some wheels in some rows is that the manufacturer does not provide specs specific to that model+configuration. (Gotway is the worst offender of this--they often give spec ranges for a set of configurations and not per each specific one.)

I currently don't have conversions set up for *ewheels* values mostly because I am wrestling with how much space it takes up to have so many rows duplicated, and ewheels is mainly a NA distributor. One alternative to this problem would be to have separate sheets/tabs for imperial and metric, but which comes with a whole host of other problems keeping everything in sync (I've messed with this approach once or twice already, although I may give it another go sometime later this year). Eventually I'd like to migrate to some kind of generated web page which could let you toggle between imperial and metric using drop-downs, but that may be a while away yet.

lol 1 yr old...ive been commenting on 4 yr old posts

• Like 1

6 hours ago, /Dev/Null said:

Just FYI:  The "nikola+ 84v/2100wh" should actually be a "nikola" according to gotway:

http://kebye.com/productinfo/371591.html

All Nikola+ options are 100v.

Good catch/thanks-I'm glad they finally clarified/fixed that, and therefore I will update mine as well.

For the first several/many months both Gotway and a number of resellers were very inconsistent in their usage of the "Nikola+" moniker. Some times/some places it seemed like Nik+ was the 100v line, but then some times/some places it seemed like the Nik+ was a revision--with there appearing to be both an 84v and 100v Nik (non-plus), as well as both an 84v and 100v Nik+, with the 'plus' seeming to denote the revision. (I was told there was a batch of 100v Nikolas [non-plus] with the white trim that released in Asia but never made it to the US, but then by the time we got the 100v's they were all plusses with black trim. And some places were selling the 84v/2100wh version as a 'plus' compared to the smaller versions of the 84v. Etc.)

Either way I'll go with the latest iteration of how it appears on the spec sheets now.

Edited by AtlasP
  • Like 1

How do the 18XL and the MSP compare?

The MSP is a tempting option for me because of the 3" tire. I'm not too bothered about top speed (coming from a KS...). I'd like something as versatile as the 18XL, same range, but more torque and the wider tire. I get the impression comfort might be the biggest sacrifice...

Or maybe I should just wait for the S18XL :D

• 3 months later...
6 hours ago, AtlasP said:

This thread is very old. This project now has a more up-to-date permanent/pinned thread in the "Which Electric Unicycle to get?" sub-forum over at: 

Ah, thank you...again!

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
On 8/2/2020 at 1:54 PM, AtlasP said:

This thread is very old. This project now has a more up-to-date permanent/pinned thread in the "Which Electric Unicycle to get?" sub-forum/please continue any discussion over there at: