Gotway MSuper X vs Kingsong 18XL Comparison Review

Kuji Rolls

5 minutes ago, Smoother said:

OH, is that all!? :whistling:

So...is it working?

In short: For me it has been THE best result I could ever have hoped for.

The long version and background:

At first I couldn't even stand on one leg (either leg) to pull on a sock. When laying down on a bed spreading legs in V the max distance measured at hospital was 51cm between my feed because of inflammation in my hip joints.(Last visit to hospital for check upwas mid/late August where I had a measurement of 105 cm). At hospital they never seen such improvements before and so fast.

At first trainig in basement (end of March 2018) I only managed to train for 10ish min. Riding a total of 500ish meter.

With in a month I could stand on one leg. I think it was 17th April I commuted first time to work in traffic conditions (1800ish meter ride) my set goal was at the time by the end of May. So completed that. 

On my Inmotion V8 I have 400km this year and  in summer I my KS18L (see my signature). I managed to ride 1030ish km before New Year.

But since then storms and below or near freezing temperatures has kept me from riding 🤨.

Tomorrow I am going out to test my new helmet for the first time. charging the wheel as I type 😁

20190103_182648.thumb.jpg.da7dfe034cf0f358a2d0829a1277e1ce.jpg

Helmet: LS2 FF399 valiant Matt black...as my KS18L and large pedals serviced lamp unit and trolley (still silver version)751200812_newpedal.jpg.953fd2fd0f42c54d6cecf21ff12bd73b.jpg

Just typing about it is getting me stoked :w00t2:EUC is to me like other have posted before, a massive life-changing event/decision. In ways I didn't imagine to dream of. 

The the community here on forum only adds to the positive energy. 

If you read my KS18L review thread you will fast get an idea how much value this give me. 

Sorry for the long answer. In Inmotion threat I asked about rookie foam on V8 and how to use this. Here you see my early funny training vids. 

28 minutes ago, Unventor said:

EUC is to me like other have posted before, a massive life-changing event/decision. In ways I didn't imagine to dream of. 

That's brilliant.  It's a lot like my story.  I got an EUC because it looked like fun. No, wait.  That's not similar at all. :facepalm:

12 minutes ago, Smoother said:

That's brilliant.  It's a lot like my story.  I got an EUC because it looked like fun. No, wait.  That's not similar at all. :facepalm:

Fun is the sidekick effect to me. Or rather the motivation to keep pushing on. 

Gym training simply could not do it, it held zero motivation for me. 

EUC riding  works out my body in just enough for my body to keep up but massively improvem compared to drop dead depressed on a sofa either in front tv, pc or consol games. Now I go for a 5-20km ride and have no pains afterwards but got a breath of fresh city air and since I am now up and out much better mood. That just roll over in bed feeling stiff like a frozen fish finger. And I see new parts of the city my car would never bring me. I had a fantastic guide in @Jens Ronnedal 😀

I so hope you get you new wheel soon.

On 1/4/2019 at 11:15 AM, Unventor said:

EUC riding  works out my body in just enough for my body to keep up but massively improvem compared to drop dead depressed on a sofa either in front tv, pc or consol games

My favorite hip-hop artist; the iconic legendary Rakim Allah stated in a song "it ain't where you're from; its where you're at." but the not-so-legendary, Lutalo:efef62fc70: says: "it ain't where you're from. It ain't where you're at. It's about how far you've traveled."

I applaud your courageous efforts, and massively positive outcomes. It's inspiring. Keep it going. :efee47c9c8:👍

On 1/2/2019 at 4:47 PM, Marty Backe said:

I am very curious how the XL will perform during my mountain stress test. Will it conquer Overheat Hill like the MSX?

KS-18L/XL controller is designed in a quite clever way. First, it uses six TO-247 MOSFETs. Current paths on PCB are routed short with thick tracks. Both combined creates very sturdy and reliable motor driver circuit. Second, there is some kind of air duct formed between metal radiator plate from one side and PCB from another side. Airflow is forced by radial fan that pushes air into this duct effectively cooling the transistors. Additionally, metal radiator plate is exposed to the wheel cavity, so airflow created by rotating wheel also cools this radiator. All this should provide effective cooling. So I'm very curious about results of your hill test :)

12 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

*Raises eyebrow* Really?:efefe00999: Is there a good picture or video of the 18(X)L board you're aware of?

I'm not gonna disassemble my KS-18L controller board, but these photos should be enough :) Controller in XL is the same.

DSC02916.thumb.jpg.5cc2735a5779e13520a8665fed329096.jpg

DSC02919.thumb.jpg.2eb7454a39814ba87f28b74d9ed72a68.jpg

DSC02920.thumb.jpg.939b9127f6adfad98c57ea8fbcb20974.jpg

17 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

*Raises eyebrow* Really?:efefe00999: Is there a good picture or video of the 18(X)L board you're aware of?

The KS wheels ALL use only 6 Mosfets...as more are not needed for running an Euc. 3motor phases, each 2 Mosfets, one for power in, one for power out.

To be honest: Doubling Mosfets  to 12 in an effort to make the wheel more secure, is electronical nonsense! It doesnt make the wheel more safer, in contrary, it doubles the chance of a failing part. And if one Mosfet blows in 99,99% you still have a blocking wheel...

The right way to go is always to use the correct type, thicker, fater mosfet instead of doubling small ones. So GW could have taken also only 6 on their newest boards...but i guess they were still so used to it, that they keep on with it (afaik the MCM5 has only 6)

26 minutes ago, Seba said:

KS-18L/XL controller is designed in a quite clever way. First, it uses six TO-247 MOSFETs. Current paths on PCB are routed short with thick tracks. Both combined creates very sturdy and reliable motor driver circuit. Second, there is some kind of air duct formed between metal radiator plate from one side and PCB from another side. Airflow is forced by radial fan that pushes air into this duct effectively cooling the transistors. Additionally, metal radiator plate is exposed to the wheel cavity, so airflow created by rotating wheel also cools this radiator. All this should provide effective cooling. So I'm very curious about results of your hill test :)

On point....

@Marty Backe

Curious to see the overheat hill test...These overheat uphill test for sure are pure fun, but in my opinion this should not be done to a battery and Euc more often than needed. In my view it is just incredible stress and this is for sure nothing a EUC is designed for.

Dont get me wrong: your tests are great...just saying that shouldnt be the everyday torture of a EUC :-)

30 minutes ago, US69 said:

The KS wheels ALL use only 6 Mosfets...as more are not needed for running an Euc. 3motor phases, each 2 Mosfets, one for power in, one for power out.

To be honest: Doubling Mosfets  to 12 in an effort to make the wheel more secure, is electronical nonsense! It doesnt make the wheel more safer, in contrary, it doubles the chance of a failing part. And if one Mosfet blows in 99,99% you still have a blocking wheel...

The right way to go is always to use the correct type, thicker, fater mosfet instead of doubling small ones. So GW could have taken also only 6 on their newest boards...but i guess they were still so used to it, that they keep on with it (afaik the MCM5 has only 6)

On point....

@Marty Backe

Curious to see the overheat hill test...These overheat uphill test for sure are pure fun, but in my opinion this should not be done to a battery and Euc more often than needed. In my view it is just incredible stress and this is for sure nothing a EUC is designed for.

Dont get me wrong: your tests are great...just saying that shouldnt be the everyday torture of a EUC :-)

I ride me wheels up these hills lots of times. I don't do it just for the Stress Test videos. I like to ride my wheels around these hills which includes lot of going up Overheat Hill.

So I must disagree with your suggestion of not doing this very often. Maybe I have a better opinion of our wheels than you do ;)

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

disagree with your suggestion of not doing this very often. Maybe I have a better opinion of our wheels than you d

Its not the opinion that i have over our wheels. Its mainly my opinion and knowledge what the used battery cells are capable of, and what running at consistent high amperage does to them and there longevity :-)

10 hours ago, US69 said:

Its not the opinion that i have over our wheels. Its mainly my opinion and knowledge what the used battery cells are capable of, and what running at consistent high amperage does to them and there longevity :-)

A case in point for this is the difference in longevity between cells used in EUCs and cells used in vaping gear. I use both and the cells used with vaping seldom survive more than a year or so. That is the effect of running the cells close to their maximum continuous discharge all of the time, and sometimes more than that.

I really long for the next generation or the next-next generation of cells, where chemistries allow for faster loading and faster discharging without overheating or longevity problems. But as the current generation is kind of "good enough", the pressure for major changes rather than iterative refinement is not great. So we'll have to live with our imperfect cells for some years yet.

On the horizon we'll find the solid batteries, which is an order of magnitude less prone to catastrophic failure. We also have an interesting Ryden Dual Carbon cells, that promise to charge 20x faster and be able to discharge fast without heating up at all. It will be on display this year, and a small production run is supposed to start up shortly. But a few thousand cells a year is not anywhere close to the amount needed to be a viable alternative to Li Ion - a single Tesla S uses somewhere around 7000 cells.

1 hour ago, Scatcat said:

I really long for the next generation or the next-next generation of cells, where chemistries allow for faster loading and faster discharging without overheating or longevity problems.

They already exists :) Lithium-titanate (LTO) batteries allows for very high charging and discharging currents. It may be fully charged within less than 15 minutes. It also offers far better lifetime with several thousands cycles. The only drawback is much smaller energy density compared to "typical" Li-Ion battery.

20 minutes ago, Seba said:

They already exists :) Lithium-titanate (LTO) batteries allows for very high charging and discharging currents. It may be fully charged within less than 15 minutes. It also offers far better lifetime with several thousands cycles. The only drawback is much smaller energy density compared to "typical" Li-Ion battery.

Ah.... so what you're really saying is "they don't exist yet.":rolleyes:

12 minutes ago, Smoother said:

Ah.... so what you're really saying is "they don't exist yet.":rolleyes:

In this context they don't exists because we want RANGE! MORE RANGE! :laughbounce2: 

Archived