Gotway MSuper X vs Kingsong 18XL Comparison Review

Kuji Rolls

Just subscribed your channel, brilliant video! That was just what I was looking for - the acceleration and brake comparison was great! 

Keep going, stay safe and watch out for slippery garage pavement :D

@KujiRolls great review. One thing; the Gotway does not have more power as I believe you stated; they have the same rated power. Firmware permissiveness allows a slightly higher top speed.

MSX is less complex and about 5lbs lighter than the 18XL so slightly quicker acceleration to the top speed from the MSX is no surprise, but thanks for the visual and test. 

I enjoyed your comparison video. Clearly which one is "better" is going to strongly influenced by buyer priorities, preferences and how the device will be used. Your video for me really underscored all the reasons I think the KS18L/XL is the best wheel on the market right now. Power, range, versatility, convenience, quality, fit/finish, refinement, feel. I don't see how a slightly higher top speed wins out over all the advantages offered by the 18XL. But, hey. Cool,  if that is someone else's bag.

Even though I don't do very much off-roading with my wheels,  I am looking forward to both my 18L and 18XL earning some bragging rights to add to my blathering on, and on about EUCs to to non-riders on the off-roading portion of your test. Good luck. Stay safe. Wear padding on those speed tests ;)👍 

47 minutes ago, Lutalo said:

@KujiRolls great review. One thing; the Gotway does not have more power as I believe you stated; they have the same rated power. Firmware permissiveness allows a slightly higher top speed.

MSX is less complex and about 5lbs lighter than the 18XL so slightly quicker acceleration to the top speed from the MSX is no surprise, but thanks for the visual and test. 

I enjoyed your comparison video. Clearly which one is "better" is going to strongly influenced by buyer priorities, preferences and how the device will be used. Your video for me really underscored all the reasons I think the KS18L/XL is the best wheel on the market right now. Power, range, versatility, convenience, quality, fit/finish, refinement, feel. I don't see how a slightly higher top speed wins out over all the advantages offered by the 18XL. But, hey. Cool,  if that is someone else's bag.

Even though I don't do very much off-roading with my wheels,  I am looking forward to both my 18L and 18XL earning some bragging rights to add to my blathering on, and on about EUCs to to non-riders on the off-roading portion of your test. Good luck. Stay safe. Wear padding on those speed tests ;)👍 

I am very curious how the XL will perform during my mountain stress test. Will it conquer Overheat Hill like the MSX?

15 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I am very curious how the XL will perform during my mountain stress test. Will it conquer Overheat Hill like the MSX?

That's gonna be cool to see. I'll be looking out for that test. My guess? Yes. Easily. :D👍

5 minutes ago, Lutalo said:

That's gonna be cool to see. I'll be looking out for that test. My guess? Yes. Easily. :D👍

Still probably going to be a couple of weeks - I need to have both of my arms fully functional before I manhandle the XL around the mountains.

33 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Still probably going to be a couple of weeks - I need to have both of my arms fully functional before I manhandle the XL around the mountains.

Very true. I fell off one of my wheel over a year ago. Still have some difficulty leaning with my body weight on my right wrist.

I wear a wrist brace when I bench at the gym to avoid discomfort on that wrist. Haven't gone out without at least wrist guards since. 

So, yeah. Make sure you are good before you do it. We can wait. That is your hill. No one else is gonna tackle it in the meantime. :D👍

34 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Are you healing okay?

2 minutes ago, Lutalo said:

Very true. I fell off one of my wheel over a year ago. Still have some difficulty leaning with my body weight on my right wrist.

I wear a wrist brace when I bench at the gym to avoid discomfort on that wrist. Haven't gone out without at least wrist guards since. 

So, yeah. Make sure you are good before you do it. We can wait. That is your hill. No one else is gonna tackle it in the meantime. :D👍

Be aware though that using supports while you train can make the muscle build up after injury take longer. So if you use it for benching, sure, but take it off when not absolutely needed.

57 minutes ago, Scatcat said:

Are you healing okay?

Appears to be healing properly, just very slowly :(

28 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Appears to be healing properly, just very slowly :(

Almost as my beer drinking. Slowly chilled and a big fat smile of enjoyment...ohh I did say almost right? :w00t2::cheers:

If it hurts when you laugh reading this, then you are fine...soon, not yet. 

6 hours ago, Lutalo said:

@Lutalo Yeah, I get you. I think it really comes down to your lifestyle. Designing these wheels is just a bunch of compromises. 

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

@Marty Backe Well, I did take it up a mountain and it definitely has the power push as hard as the MSX up steep hills. But as for sustained steepness? I cant say. 

3 hours ago, Lutalo said:

Just so you know, off road can be much harder that just commuting. Trust me I almost died...after 25min trying to shortcut my 1800meter commuting from work to home. The comments state it all...memories 😉🤕🤪😁 one of earlier recording.

I still haven't practiced selphystick recording. Maybe during 2019ish..

5 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Just so you know, off road can be much harder that just commuting. Trust me I almost died...after 25min trying to shortcut my 1800meter commuting from work to home. The comments state it all...memories 😉🤕🤪😁 one of earlier recording.

I still haven't practiced selphystick recording. Maybe during 2019ish..

Yeah. I purchased a 360 One X and we tried using the stick around DC and found it cumbersome. My son did manage to get some footage at the beginning of our ride, which I will upload as soon as I get a chance.

Overall, I think that I will use the selfie stick for paved trail rides and mount the camera for street rides. 

On the other hand I might just practice more with the stick and give myself a chance to acclimate to riding with it. 

19 minutes ago, KujiRolls said:

@Lutalo Yeah, I get you. I think it really comes down to youre lifestyle. Designing these wheels is just a bunch of compromises. 

True, Indeed.

1 hour ago, Scatcat said:

Be aware though that using supports while you train can make the muscle build up after injury take longer. So if you use it for benching, sure, but take it off when not absolutely needed.

Absolutely correct. I use it when I bench heavy and take it off for high rep light work for the reasons that you mentioned. :)👍

4 hours ago, Lutalo said:

Not if you are commuting in DC :D. But I get you. 

@Unventor commutes in Mölndal, which is a separate area connected to Gothenburg. You can see where it changes administration, since Mölndal's roads are quite a lot better than Gothenburg's. :D 

3 minutes ago, Scatcat said:

@Unventor commutes in Mölndal, which is a separate area connected to Gothenburg. You can see where it changes administration, since Mölndal's roads are quite a lot better than Gothenburg's. :D 

Except the town center that is currently undergoing reconstruction and upgrading. Some place are exelent other are disastrous. But in general cycle lanes leading to countryside are better which is great to 'exploring' but for commuting...well..😉 helmet upgrade incomming.

Kinda agree with the range of the MSX if riding hard off road of flat out on tarmac i'm getting about 70 Kms 

Don't think i could do a ride at Manufactures specs to check their battery calc's and Km range from a full charge @ 20Kph :(

@Unventor I was confused why you found that forest trail so challenging. From what I could see that trail was nothing. Then I read your embedded text stating that this was your first off road experience, so now I get it. I recommend you continue to ride it.  Soon you will realize it's easy as pie.  Everyone's first off road trip is hairy, mine was.  Now I'll ride on any ground that looks passable.

1 hour ago, Smoother said:

@Unventor I was confused why you found that forest trail so challenging. From what I could see that trail was nothing. Then I read your embedded text stating that this was your first off road experience, so now I get it. I recommend you continue to ride it.  Soon you will realize it's easy as pie.  Everyone's first off road trip is hairy, mine was.  Now I'll ride on any ground that looks passable.

At the time I had ridden about 300km on tarmac only or very life gravel pathways in short distances.

1, 1st proper off road expireance.

2, Terrain is having much more up and down than video show.

3, Not knowing how the surface is as I never been there. Gravel and dandy and rockbase

4, 1st proper ride after my 30kmh crash.

5, I had not charged wheel and didn't know actual range of the wheel and in this condition.

6, I lost my way so all above began to here on my confidence.

7, Both mind and body getting tired as I am constant catching balance. 

8, Due to my rheumatism in lower back, knees my over all physical health is not great, this is why i started to ride EUC. To improve this.

OH, is that all!? :whistling:

49 minutes ago, Unventor said:

8, Due to my rheumatism in lower back, knees my over all physical health is not great, this is why i started to ride EUC. To improve this.

So...is it working?

Archived