Forum Connectivity Issues? Oct 2018

I've noticed intermittent problems with this Forum over the last couple of days, where I could connect but the server returned error messages instead of the Forum. I don't think it's just me.

Thought I'd mention it in case these are early warning signs of an impending implosion :)

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I've noticed intermittent problems with this Forum over the last couple of days, where I could connect but the server returned error messages instead of the Forum. I don't think it's just me.

Thought I'd mention it in case these are early warning signs of an impending implosion :)

sure it is just you :w00t2:

I only have issues reading posts...as I don't write so much..I guess.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

:pooping: One of my less intelligent posts bit the dust ...l've noticed a delayed icon pops-up indicating if a thread successfully loads or fails to load.

Edited by stephenbadger
2 cents worth

Maybe the owners go to dreamhost and switch php's memory to a higher value, if it's not possible cause of the shared hosting package.

I'm suggesting to do a database cleanup and compression for better indexing, it always helps.

If problems like these persist, it may be time to change from the package the owners rent to one with more resources allocated for the hosting, cause from what it seams it may be time to get something bigger, cause the forum got bigger in a short time!

Maybe even change hosting companies, cause dreamhost may have a pretty panel, it doesn't have the best reputation.

p.s. for me it started in about 3am (gmt+2:00)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John Eucist said:

Sent a ticket to invision support. Will see what they say. For the record this forum is hosted by them.

Thanks John!

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

John seems to be a secretive fellow. I at least have no idea how much this Forum is costing per year. Presumably there are enough active members to self fund it if necessary.

I am certainly for that idea or just paying dues to help John with the costs but he has politely declined offers in the past. 

• Like 2

Hello,

We experienced a temporary issues with one of our database nodes, the issue was resolved shortly afterwards.

I apologise for any inconvenience experienced.

The above is what the support guy replied. Hope things are okay now.

Edited by John Eucist
  • Like 3

On 5/12/2019 at 1:21 AM, John Eucist said:

Sent a ticket to invision support. Will see what they say. For the record this forum is hosted by them.

Ahh Good to know, I was actually looking for a contact for the admins of the forum to see if I could lend a hand as I manage servers and systems etc for a living. :D

• Upvote 1