Cop stopped me to ride my euc

Jeremy Valentin

That was fantastic :thumbup:

I hope you gave him enough info to pursue it further. Seems like he's probably one of us if he was that interested.

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

That was fantastic :thumbup:

I hope you gave him enough info to pursue it further. Seems like he's probably one of us if he was that interested.

Yes I did he wrote down all the info on three top unicycles and website. He was very excited. 

12 hours ago, Jeremy Valentin said:

Yes I did he wrote down all the info on three top unicycles and website. He was very excited. 

Better be careful! When the cops get too excited about this, they might soon chase us with their own EUC squad, and leave their clumsy panda cars in the garage, ? I just hope this brave and open minded cop doesn’t get disciplined when his superiors see him on YouTube.

Awesome job on having the wherewithal to record the moment! This is the type of officer that we all should have the pleasure of encountering on a daily basis! 

4 hours ago, Toshio Uemura said:

Better be careful! When the cops get too excited about this, they might soon chase us with their own EUC squad, and leave their clumsy panda cars in the garage, ? I just hope this brave and open minded cop doesn’t get disciplined when his superiors see him on YouTube.

View this as new markets for EUC makers, blue light respond enhanced models. They will pay for model development and we can get cheaper wheels as a consequence :clap3::whistling: 

9 hours ago, Toshio Uemura said:

No he is fine my mother work at the pd he went viral on my Facebook. At 12k views. 

1 hour ago, Dingfelder said:

Is that a Crown Victoria EUC?

Cool vid, neat that the cop took a moment out to have some fun ... probably made the rest of his day easier.  He was doing spectacularly well for a first try, too!

I was surprised how he just hopped on it

23 hours ago, Rama Douglas said:

This turned out well. I don't think I would let a cop ride mine unless he/she didn't have the gun on their person. Probably a stretch at best, but suppose he/she fell down onto the firearm and it discharged?!? Just saying... 

Cops keep their guns in retention holsters. They can't just fall out (the exception being off duty FBI agents doing backflips). Also, a modern gun in good condition won't just go off if dropped. The safeties have to be disengaged and the trigger needs to be pulled.

51 minutes ago, Nic said:

Is it legal to ride a EUC where you live?

For all practical purposes, EUCs are legal everywhere in the United States. Out of the 19000+ towns, there may be a handful that have limited their use.

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

For all practical purposes, EUCs are legal everywhere in the United States. Out of the 19000+ towns, there may be a handful that have limited their use.

Sadly, there is a town relatively close to here that outlaws them along with basically anything else that has anything vaguely resembling a motor (except for golf carts). :( I'm glad that it is one of the few exceptions.

On 10/10/2018 at 6:40 AM, Rama Douglas said:

This turned out well. I don't think I would let a cop ride mine unless he/she didn't have the gun on their person. Probably a stretch at best, but suppose he/she fell down onto the firearm and it discharged?!? Just saying...

The days, that firearms discharged, when you fell on them are over, or so I heard ... wistle! The only thing that was in danger here was the wheel itself, I suppose, and not because of his gun. ? 

But yes, when they meet next time let’s propose swapping: you get my EUC to practice, I get your gun ... to practice!

That whould probably be much safer for everybody involved. ? 

21 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I believe California (where you live) made these types of vehicles legal, and while you say that for 'practical purposes' almost everywhere else in the USA allows these vehicles, I wouldn't be so confident if you were involved in an accident of some sort as then the legal aspects of your electric transporter would be brought under consideration by the courts. How will that go I wonder? The more people that ride these types of vehicles, then the more chance there is of getting the laws updated.

59 minutes ago, Nic said:

I believe California (where you live) made these types of vehicles legal, and while you say that for 'practical purposes' almost everywhere else in the USA allows these vehicles, I wouldn't be so confident if you were involved in an accident of some sort as then the legal aspects of your electric transporter would be brought under consideration by the courts. How will that go I wonder? The more people that ride these types of vehicles, then the more chance there is of getting the laws updated.

I can legally buy and own a gun. But if I shoot someone without provocation, I can go to jail. But I won't be going to jail because I owned a gun, it'll be because I shot someone.

This is an analogy to to EUC ownership here in the States. I can legally own and ride one but that doesn't make me immune to prosecution if I do something stupid.

This is pretty much true of everything in life, so I'm not sure what you're getting it.

People worry too much about "what ifs". I'd rather spend my time riding :)

8 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

This is an analogy to to EUC ownership here in the States. I can legally own and ride one but that doesn't make me immune to prosecution if I do something stupid.

This is pretty much true of everything in life, so I'm not sure what you're getting it.

That would make me an outlaw directly cradle to grave ?

Stupid is my middle name...looking in hindsight. What seemed smart or fun at first, prove the what could possibly go wrong attitude...w/o the the answer ..a lot ?

I do however try to learn as I go along. Due to this I am fully geared up when I ride now...99.9% of the time.

10 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I can legally buy and own a gun. But if I shoot someone without provocation, I can go to jail. But I won't be going to jail because I owned a gun, it'll be because I shot someone.

Apparently anyone caught riding a EUC in New York can face a $500 fine, but the police turn a blind eye.

It is legal to buy/own a EUC in the UK, but illegal to ride it on pavement (sidewalk) or roads. I can ride it on my own property or on private land with owners permission. What I am saying is that technically, I would be breaking the law if I use it as intended, and I suspect the same applies over in the USA for most states, but it all depends on what view the local police take and if they choose to turn a blind eye. They cannot turn a blind eye if you are involved in any kind of incident, in which case you will also have to answer for breaking the law in riding your electric transporter. I am certainly worried, but will likely take the risk again as it could be a long time before legislation is changed. There are too many useless, lazy people in government that don't wan't to do any work updating legislation. To be fair, they are probably buried under a mountain of red tape and bureaucracy.

3 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Good thing you can't get put away for "brandishing," or you'd be a lifer! :)

3 hours ago, Nic said:

I suspect the same applies over in the USA for most states, but it all depends on what view the local police take and if they choose to turn a blind eye. They cannot turn a blind eye if you are involved in any kind of incident, in which case you will also have to answer for breaking the law in riding your electric transporter. 

If you use one in a robbery, you might get in a lot of trouble!

Archived