New model KS18L2 with more battery?

Augus

2 hours ago, Hatchet said:

The MSX has given me a taste for finer things in life, like a 3" tire.

No thanks, 2.5" is perfection that doesn't need to be messed with. 

Kingsong riders are nose breathers.

Furthermore, we do not consider clubbing a woman over the head and dragging her unconscious body into our cave the same thing as a marriage proposal.

Finally, Kingsong riders don't think "YABBADABBADOO" is an actual word.

Great Scott. What's next? an electric unicycle with a tire off of the landing gear of a jumbo jet? ???

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, DanCar said:

Can you give us some details?  What makes the 3 inch tire nice?

Duh-huh! Cuz 3 is more than 2, so it's better than 2. 

1 hour ago, DanCar said:

Would a 4 inch or 5 inch tire be better? 

Yup. Cuz 5 n 4 is bigger than 3 n 2.

On 10/14/2018 at 11:15 PM, Shad0z said:

How fast did he go? 10kph? Both my freinds. (90kg and 85kg) get 50-55km range. And thats also when trying to conserve the battery

It's also important to distinguish if this 80 km was reported by wheel or measured with GPS. KS18L exaggerates the distance traveled by about 25 percent, so 80 km reported by KS app is actually only ~65km. I get 55 - 65 km of real distance on single charge (80kg pax + 10kg carry).

On 10/16/2018 at 10:56 AM, Seba said:

It's also important to distinguish if this 80 km was reported by wheel or measured with GPS. KS18L exaggerates the distance traveled by about 25 percent, so 80 km reported by KS app is actually only ~65km. I get 55 - 65 km of real distance on single charge (80kg pax + 10kg carry).

25% over exaggeration :blink1: thats downright cheating customers to make them think theyre getting more range.

With 80kg it sounds realistic to get 65km. then all the kingsong people can come say. "But its efficient machine" but its not magic.  It is what it is. A great wheel. Performs great. So smooth. but. Dont try to make it seem like some magic. it is what it is. No more. No less :)

1 minute ago, Shad0z said:

25% over eccageration :blink1: thats downright cheating customers to make them think theyre getting more range.

And it's interesting that speed is reported correctly, with negligible error. So I don't understand why mileage is wrong by as much as 25%...

8 minutes ago, Shad0z said:

With 80kg it sounds realistic to get 65km. then all the kingsong people can come say. "But its efficient machine" but its not magic.  It is what it is. A great wheel. Performs great. So smooth. but. Dont try to make it seem like some magic. it is what it is. No more. No less :)

60km from 1036Wh battery gives us quite good 17Wh/km. With 1554Wh battery it's safe to say that it will be able to get more than simple +50% of additional range, because we have to take into account one important factor - cell discharge rate. Now we have a 20S4P battery, but in KS18LX it's expanded to 20S6P. While motor load will remain unchanged, cell discharge rate will decrease by 50%, so effective battery capacity will be higher giving another few kilometers of range. So I expect KS18LX to have nearly 100 km of true range :)

2 hours ago, Seba said:

So I expect KS18LX to have nearly 100 km of true range :)

Sounds realistic. I get 100km of range on my msuper X with moderate normal speeds. 

When is the 200km msuper x2 coming out? :w00t2:

3 hours ago, Shad0z said:

With 80kg it sounds realistic to get 65km. then all the kingsong people can come say. "But its efficient machine" but its not magic. 

25% over eccageration :blink1: thats downright cheating customers to make them think theyre getting more range.

Whoa, slow down Champ.

1. I seriously doubt KS would try to defraud buyers about information they know that buyers will most definitely verify.

2. The wheel gets great range, and most 18L riders are rather happy with the performance

3. Based on my own impressions during real world riding in my zone, I feel certain that I could get 65km to 70km before the battery goes completely kaput; that is awesome range.

5. There is video evidence available showing that the wheel can get 55 miles of range. Will it do it in all conditions and all riders? No. How the rider rode to achieve it and their range helps us to understand the actual best/worst case scenario range capability.

4. The introduction of the KS18LX resolves range-confusion completely,  because it will easily reach 80km. So,  now the issue of range is totally moot. 

3 hours ago, Seba said:

And it's interesting that speed is reported correctly, with negligible error. So I don't understand why mileage is wrong by as much as 25%...

There are other posts that argue instrumental inaccuracies related to speed as well.

My personal 18L top speed rating is: FAST AS HELL.

When is the 200km msuper x2 coming out? :w00t2:

Doesn't the Monster have a 2400wh battery? GW ain't exactly known for design wizardry. Add to that, the fundamental limitation of available technology - more range = bigger, heavier battery.

I'm afraid that for an 18" wheel 1600wh is about as good as it gets for now. IMHO current battery technology is the greatest limitation to advancements in EUC refinement and sophistication.

Advancements in battery research offer the greatest opportunity for rewards in technological refinement for Electric mobility in general.

Going forward, power beyond the 1600wh range (for an 18" wheel) will correlate with better battery tech. 

Battery tech pretty much sort of sucks right now for our particular application. We need batteries that enable higher power outputs in smaller packages.

When smaller, more powerful batteries are available other refinements such as suspension systems can happen without increasing the weight of the wheel above what they currently are - suspension upgrades would go a long way in increasing the comfort, therefore, commuter value of smaller wheels. Imagine a 14" wheel with the comfort and range of today's 18" wheels.

Hey, but things move fast in the EUC world. I certainly don't want to sound as if the advancements of which I speak are ten years advanced from now. It could be a decade away,  but we might also begin to some advance by next year. Not sure of the current state of battery tech in general. If something better already exists it most definitely is not yet affordable enough for consumer product applications.

On 10/24/2018 at 6:48 PM, Ok Ko said:

Hey guys, I just ordered mine through this page... can't wait to receive it! https://www.smartwheel.ca/KingSong-KS-18XL-2000W-1554WH-Battery-Electric-Unicycle-EUC--Black_p_1830.html

The pictures on their webshop is till the 18L. Pretty sloppy since pictures of the 18XL have been out for a few days.

On 10/16/2018 at 3:26 PM, Lutalo said:

Whoa, slow down Champ.

1. I seriously doubt KS would try to defraud buyers about information they know that buyers will most definitely verify.

2. The wheel gets great range, and most 18L riders are rather happy with the performance

3. Based on my own impressions during real world riding in my zone, I feel certain that I could get 65km to 70km before the battery goes completely kaput; that is awesome range.

5. There is video evidence available showing that the wheel can get 55 miles of range. Will it do it in all conditions and all riders? No. How the rider rode to achieve it and their range helps us to understand the actual best/worst case scenario range capability.

4. The introduction of the KS18LX resolves range-confusion completely,  because it will easily reach 80km. So,  now the issue of range is totally moot. 

1. You doubt it but that's what they are doing (most probably because every other manufacturer is doing that).

2. I am happy with the performance but the range is satisfactory, not great.

3. In your make believe world - yes you could.

5. Please...

4. Well, it does not resolve range confusion but definitely increases range. By how much? We'll see.

3 hours ago, hal2000 said:

3. In your make believe world - yes you could.

So, this is what the kiddies are calling respect for the opinions of others? Tell me, Do you ride an 18L. See because I ride one in both my real and make believe world's. Except, in my make believe world I can travel through time; 65, 70 km is nothing

Fu$@"€%g kids these days.<_<

3 hours ago, hal2000 said:

You doubt it but that's what they are doing (most probably because every other manufacturer is doing that).

If every manufacturer is doing it. Then we call it standard practice. By your logic all manufacturers are defrauding their customers. 

I suggest that anyone making such a claim familiarize themselves with the manufacturers testing standards. 

A claim of fraud must be more than an uninformed emotional outburst. Such practices only promote a culture of stupidity. 

6 minutes ago, Lutalo said:

If every manufacturer is doing it. Then we call it standard practice. By your logic all manufacturers are defrauding their customers. 

I suggest that anyone making such a claim familiarize themselves with the manufacturers testing standards. 

A claim of fraud must be more than an uninformed emotional outburst. Such practices only promote a culture of stupidity. 

Yes, and believing your premium KS app readout despite the fact that GPS data and even prehistoric paper map show 20 to 25% lower km values on the given route promotes a culture of intelligence.

On 10/16/2018 at 10:25 AM, Shad0z said:

That is not what worries me the most! If 25% is true, then once you have ridden 3000 KM the APP will show 3750 KM, which will make it harder to sell as a second hand wheel.

53 minutes ago, hal2000 said:

Yes, and believing your premium KS app readout despite the fact that GPS data and even prehistoric paper map show 20 to 25% lower km values on the given route promotes a culture of intelligence.

So, you believe that you read somewhere in my post that I was relying on an app in my assessment. Please, if you going to comment, particularly in the manner which you have chosen, make sure you understand the what you have read so that you can at least respond to what I actually said.

Run on back now, and read the post carefully.

7 minutes ago, Lutalo said:

So, you believe that you read somewhere in my post that I was relying on an app in my assessment. Please, if you going to comment, particularly in the manner which you have chosen, make sure you understand the what you have read so that you can at least respond to what I actually said.

Run on back now, and read the post carefully.

You do that.

I was referring to your "claim of fraud" remarks and not to your "feelings based on impressions".

4 hours ago, hal2000 said:

You do that.

I was referring to your "claim of fraud" remarks and not to your "feelings based on impressions".

When a wise man argues with a fool it is impossible to tell them apart - African Proverb

So, whatever man. I'm finished and I'm done <_<

7 hours ago, Lutalo said:

When a wise man argues with a fool it is impossible to tell them apart - African Proverb

I love proverbs. So deep, so meaningful; especially when in bold.

7 hours ago, Lutalo said:

So, whatever man. I'm finished and I'm done <_<

Oh no! Please don't be. Share more African wisdom with us because it contributes so much to the discussion about KS18L2 and it is so not off-topic.

12 hours ago, Jean Dublin said:

That is not what worries me the most! If 25% is true, then once you have ridden 3000 KM the APP will show 3750 KM, which will make it harder to sell as a second hand wheel.

That factor i also thought about. i dont see why they would eccagurate it by 25% then people go on 70km trips only to be left with 0% before reaching their destination. But i guess the average cunsumer cares more about specs on paper and dont go that far

Archived