New model KS18L2 with more battery?

Augus

1 hour ago, Augus said:

But is it still true that you said a few days ago?:

" To my Information...orders are now collected...Wheel gets produced and should be Ready for sending out end October! "

That one single prototype may become available next week or the week after. I mean, if all they are really going to change is the battery pack can't really imagine a long lead-up; the wheel already exists. 

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Jerome said:

I don't think bigger and bigger batteries is the way to go, but faster charging instead.

Me neither, I think smaller,  but more powerful batteries, with 300 miles of range, and that can be charged in two minutes flat from empty are the way to go ??

On 9/21/2018 at 8:38 PM, Lutalo said:

I think I did hear him say something in the video about his results representing a range minimum.

He stated this in his new Z10 review video. You are correct.

I have tracking number for the first pre-production prototype that's arriving next week. Planning on doing a tour around America, similar to the Z10. The fist leg of its itinerary will be with @houseofjob, @Tishawn Fahie & @eddiemoy in NYC, then down off south to @Duf in Florida, next stop is Denver to ChoochTech, & finally the west coast with @Marty Backe,  @Alien Rides, @who_the

• Dimensions:  the XL will have the same shell body as the 18L
  • Battery Capacity:  increased from 1036Wh (80 cells) to 1554Wh (120 cells) with the LG MJ1 battery cell
  • Firmware: with the added cell count, the XL will allow the Rider to main the maximum cruising speed down to 25-30% battery level 
  • Pedals: will be fitted with the larger 25cm pedal  
  • Trolley: completely new rail mechanism to deal with the issue of play & locking pins not holding up to the weight
  • Price: in the region of $2100-$2200 inclusive of the tariffs, shipping within the US, etc.

Coming right on the heels of the 18L release, it was important to me that we offer an upgrade path for our existing 18L Customers. The program will involve shipping out a kit with the upgraded battery, trolley kit, & pedals, then shipping back the 18L battery, which will be tested & installed in new 18Ls, the price of the upgrade kit will be around $800, after the credit on the battery pack. 

I'm really quite excited about this release, this is the first time in a couple years that King Song have been able to match Gotway's top-end specs for motor power, battery capacity, while having an advantage on the peripheral features: superior trolley handle, higher quality construction, larger pedals, speakers, LEDs, & more ergonomic structure.   

uc?export=view&id=163gztCyb_SDk6gpNLUfdwC41LjFCxAuc

The one modification that needs to accommodate the larger battery, is the reinforcing rib on the outer panel needs to be leveled.

5 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

I have tracking number for the first pre-production prototype that's arriving next week. Planning on doing a tour around America, similar to the Z10. The fist leg of its itinerary will be with @houseofjob, @Tishawn Fahie & @eddiemoy in NYC, then down off south to @Duf in Florida, next stop is Denver to ChoochTech, & finally the west coast with @Marty Backe,  @Alien Rides, @who_the

• Battery Capacity:  increased from 1036Wh (80 cells) to 1554Wh (120 cells) with the LG MJ1 battery cell
  • Firmware: with the added cell count, the XL will allow the Rider to main the maximum cruising speed down to 25-30% battery level 
  • Trolley: completely new rail mechanism to deal with the issue of play & locking pins not holding up to the weight
  • Price: in the region of $2100-$2200 inclusive of the tariffs, shipping etc, within the US

Coming right on the heels of the 18L release, it was important to me that we offer an upgrade path for our existing 18L Customers. The program will involve shipping out a kit with the upgraded battery, trolley kit, & pedals, then shipping back the 18L battery, which will be tested & installed in new 18Ls, the price of the upgrade kit will be around $800, after the credit on the battery pack. 

I'm really quite excited about this release, this is the first time in a couple years that King Song have been able to match Gotway's top-end specs for motor power, battery capacity, while having an advantage on the peripherals of superior trolley handle, higher quality construction, larger pedals, speakers, LEDs, & more ergonomic structure.  

The one modification that needs to accommodate the larger battery, is the reinforcing rib on the outer panel needs to be leveled. 

This is incredible news. How come I am not on the list to test this new beast?????

2 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

• Price: in the region of $2100-$2200 inclusive of the tariffs, shipping within the US, etc.

I'm really quite excited about this release, this is the first time in a couple years that King Song have been able to match Gotway's top-end specs for motor power, battery capacity, while having an advantage on the peripheral features: superior trolley handle, higher quality construction, larger pedals, speakers, LEDs, & more ergonomic structure.   

This is exciting news. A super long range compact form wheel from KingSong. Thanks for allowing me to test it. You know I'm a long range kind of guy, so I suspect I'm going to really enjoy this wheel :D

4 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

So anyone buying a new KS-18L 1036Wh will receive it with a second-hand battery that was returned from a previous customer upgrade?

1 minute ago, Nic said:

So anyone buying a new KS-18L 1036Wh will receive it with a second-hand battery that was returned from a previous customer upgrade?

Dude, these wheels have been out for only 3 months. You think it's better that they toss them???

8 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

Is the weight of the 18LX known yet?

Too bad KS comes up with this diamond 3 months too late for me!

I was about two weeks away from pulling the trigger on an MSX when the announcement came so, I was able to ease up on the throttle and depress the brake pedal until coming to a complete stop.???

5 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

Planning on doing a tour around America, similar to the Z10.

Fabulous, thank you Jason. This is exactly what many of us have been waiting for, really excited to be able to test and report on this wheel!

36 minutes ago, Nic said:

Well, colour me interested :)

41 minutes ago, Lutalo said:

Dude, these wheels have been out for only 3 months. You think it's better that they toss them???

By the time they start taking exchanges it could be 5-6 months or more. They should sell the used packs as discounted spares or discount the KS-18L that has one of these fitted. Would you pay full price on a new car that had only been used for 3 months by a customer that changed their mind and returned it? Thought not. :popcorn:

55 minutes ago, Nic said:

By the time they start taking exchanges it could be 5-6 months or more. They should sell the used packs as discounted spares or discount the KS-18L that has one of these fitted. Would you pay full price on a new car that had only been used for 3 months by a customer that changed their mind and returned it? Thought not. :popcorn:

I get your reasoning. However I feel that your post seemed more an assertion than a question. Very little has been released beyond KS wanting the batteries returned to be tested for new customers. I don't know what testing at the manufacturing level entails. When I know more about the process methods I will be able to make a more informed judgement on the issue - until then, I reserve judgement.

Not sure that your car analogy fully holds because we are talking about a piece of something as opposed to a whole unit. If they were reselling used/returned 18L units I would certainly feel entitled to a discount, but installing a reused, retested, or refurbished battery into a brand new 18L unit might not warrant application of the same depreciation rules.

Although, like any consumer, I love the idea of a discount - perhaps your assertion/question will turn out to be spot on and KS should discount those wheels; perhaps they will. I prefer to allow the scene to unfold and reveal more. 

1 hour ago, mrelwood said:

Is the weight of the 18LX known yet?

40 extra cells weigh 1.8 to 2 kg (45-50g per cell), so that will be the added weight. Not much else changes. Speedyfeet measured the 18L at 22.4, so the 18LX will be 24.3kg maybe?

I'd like to know how and where they cram the extra batteries in there, though.

1 hour ago, mrelwood said:

Too bad KS comes up with this diamond 3 months too late for me!

Poor guy, stuck with an msX. The horror!:efeebb3acc:

Would you have preferred (the ergonomics of) the 18LX over it?

1 hour ago, Lutalo said:

I get your reasoning. However I feel that your post seemed more an assertion than a question.

Not my assertion...

7 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

... The program will involve shipping out a kit with the upgraded battery, trolley kit, & pedals, then shipping back the 18L battery, which will be tested & installed in new 18Ls, the price of the upgrade kit will be around $800, after the credit on the battery pack.

Regardless, it won't affect me, but I don't like the idea that anything I buy from KingSong may include previously used parts. I think most would agree.

16 minutes ago, Nic said:

Not my assertion...

Regardless, it won't affect me, but I don't like the idea that anything I buy from KingSong may include previously used parts. I think most would agree.

I'm pretty sure that isn't even legal in NA or Europe.

33 minutes ago, Nic said:

Obviously 18L Buyers will have the choice, & make the explicit selection, between a new pack & a minimally used one, with a slight discount for the latter. We have a battery testing machine that gives a precise Wh output of the pack's capacity.

More than half of the value of the machine is the battery, seems a sensible strategy to repurpose this asset to a productive purpose. Let's not get too carried away with this point, for the moment it is just an idea...    

Archived