• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I opened the Cameron 14"
There was Lipo batteries.
All looked pretty good. Another battery cable was badly squashed between the covers. But it was in every respect intact.

It was through of the motor wiring a large hole that had not been sealed on the water can get in.
The circuit board has a button which is capable of running outside. I do not know what will happen to it ..
Now should do a few soldering performance improvement...

hobby16, could you please advise which parts need to be soldered?  :)

13829970.t.jpg

13829971.t.jpg

13829972.t.jpg

13829976.t.jpg

hi vee,

The 3 mosfets are paralleled so they must be shunted as shown by the big red lines.

But first, check that they are indeed paralleled : mesure the voltage between the gates and 0V (black wire), you must have the same value (around 10V) gate1=gate2=gate3.

BTW, I'm sometimes rarely seen on the forum for lack of time, so wake me up by mailpost when you need.

bms_cameron_vee73.jpg

BTW, I've successfully shunted the Firewheel260's BMS.

I'll post the details of how to do it with very minor cuts in the shrinkwrap.

When you know there will be no more battery cutoff, never, Firewheel rocks!

13830614.t.jpg

13830613.t.jpg

13830612.t.jpg

13830611.t.jpg

13830610.t.jpg

13830609.t.jpg

Yet I hope that I can have new upgraded circuit board which performance should increase. But seems to be difficult to acquire the silly thing. At least the communication are struggling very hard.

Hi vee,

According to your pictures of the Cameron's BMS, your mod is ok.

About the CMX : shunt following the red lines. Like before, check first with a voltmeter that the 3 gates have the same voltage.

You can also shunt the overcurrent sense resistors (green lines) since they are of no use anymore. This will remove a small voltage drop and add about 1W (power loss = R.I^2) to the available power.

bms_cmx_vee73.jpg

13831928.t.jpg

13831927.t.jpg

13831926.t.jpg

13831925.t.jpg

13831924.t.jpg

13831923.t.jpg

Again, in mod is now made.
Thank you hobby16.
Here widgets belonged beeps really quiet. No wonder, because the speaker is in the deepest possible location.
I put it in the place to prove straight up out. I drilled a small hole in which the sound is heard as well.

New Cameron driving experiences.
It would take quite a moderate terrain but the battery is not able to exercise. Although it is full. Voltage drops dramatically and starts to beep.
So I could buy a better battery life, and Cameron is clearly outperform.

Forced coat Gotway. It gets so rough treatment from me.

13832640.t.jpg

I tried my Gotway 18inch, 17S and 18S Lipo.
And guess what happened ....
The device does not agree to boot at all. Raising the voltage is not the solution to speed and increasing torque.
Sure, good quality lipo is able to keep the voltage high all the time, so it could add at least torque.

18x2.125 rubber is off-road use too low profiled.
Kivikko wheel banging the stones and then today I got a rubber eraser.
Fortunately, my wife arranged for transport: D

13832637.t.jpg

I need to make a 16S lipo, try replicates torque. If this happens, I have to subscribe to their own batteries for this use.

13832643.t.jpg

I tried my Gotway 18inch, 17S and 18S Lipo.
And guess what happened ....
The device does not agree to boot at all.

oh, so bad. You mean no light, no beep, no motor energizing, no nothing ?

I'll try 17S on my airwheel clone and I'll let you know.

BTW, LiPos with high discharge rates (20C or 40C)  would definitely help in boosting the wheel's torque. But LiPos are fragile, it's probably a bad idea (quite risky anyway) to use it in off-road conditions.

If we learn some guy has burned a forest with a lithium fire somewhere up there in Finland, we know who he is, lol.

Yep
No reaction. Only a small flash LEDs.
Lipo is a nasty sensitive to sharp knocks.
But I have the thick padding. But I wonder exactly I put or not ..
Just be very little used batteries 40C for sale.
n.300 € 6X6S. Among them should be done.

Impressive... Both riding in terrain with a selfie stick and the lipo mods! I can see that spring is coming to Finland too :D

Do you disassemble the lipos and make your own packs or do you use pre-made lipo packs?

Lipo has been the only experiment. There is no permanent of goal yet been made. It is a must do .. but I expect the first new shells and the new software :)
I get it more speed.
But I do Lipot themselves. I am able to buy the best and where can I download the 10 000ah batteries for approximately 20 minutes. 16S 2P.
Charging current 2x40A

I had to protect the shells well. At high speed roll over easily broke the shells.

That's some serious speed on a dirt track! Must be hard on muscles. All those bumps and jumps make me wonder if there's a way to add some sort of suspension to a wheel without it becoming too hard to ride...

You are right. That's a hard workouts.
In my own skills at maximum while driving, my condition will last approximately 5 turns.
Then there is the forced silence or take a break. But because it is so challenging, it also is fun and interesting.

I have a little flexibility pedals. Separated by a 2mm thick rubber, so it helps to drive faster because the foot is not so easy to prevent slippage even in hard vibrations.
The problem has been their strength. One Battery backup and all I tried rubbers are worn completely through.
I have to come up with some improvement.

Archived