.............Now I know what it feels like to fall over the 37kmh speed of concrete  :ph34r:

Always be very  carefully in parkinglots or garages, beauce of the oil trips.

If it is wet like in your movie it is even harder to see them and with a speed of 37km/h it is not really a good place to ride!

So it was with the GW18? Or any more info about your flying experiment? Recommandation?

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes Gotway18" 850wh.
Stayed mentioning because the other is not so hard to reach. :)
I drove the "track" really many times through before I drove really hard. In the video I drove a slightly lower speed.
I have the actual equipment, so I'm not afraid to fall.
I have fallen so much every single day, I no longer afraid.
I train really rough ride in forests.

Motocross racers survives these protective equipment, can handle me too. I fly lower and lower speed.

In addition, I have a thick-proof gloves, armor ribs and wrist guards. These people do not use.

The pain is not dangerous  :P

Did you get the 4 bleep/continuous bleeping of the final 80% power warning? If so how much did you push on through It before the final shut down?

As I understand it the 4 beep warning is 80% power related not speed related and therefore it is important that you back off when you hear it if you don't want to crash.

Many thanks to people like you vee73 who push the limits and help define them.

I switched on the speaker button where it gets out.
I'm tired of listening to the constant and annoying beeping.
Event at the time the remaining battery was 50%. It is therefore quite possible that a very fast acceleration and uphill grade, the device is turned off. I looked at the phone speed just before exhaustion, and it was 35kmh. 41 is thus extinguishing the limit.
Accelerator as fast as I could.

I think it's great that Gotway has produced so fine and fast device. But! This speed alarm and the sudden shutdown is really stupid. That they should be updated as soon as possible. After this, they have almost all the desired product.

Because the shutdown is basically after the wheel has given every ounce of power It has to give it is very difficult to safeguard against without the dreaded pedal tilt which would have to be a long way below the peak power of the wheel because the very act of tilting the pedals takes extra power.

Basically if they Implement a safe shut down protocol they will be criticised for reducing the speed and capabilities of the wheel.

It's a bit like a super car, if you take It beyond its capabilities you know it's going to try to kill you! :)

Why can not only limit the power of the extreme situation?
And not completely disconnect it.
The sensor engine is very easy to manage to do it no matter what, without significant additional burden.

So how do they do that? Limiting the power, ie. not accelerating when you continue to lean forward would mean you over balance and fall. If they do that with power to spare then they are In for criticism.

On one wheel a fairly large degree of reserve power is required to keep you up over unforseen bumps and dips, that is why the final constant beeping is set to come In and 80% power usage.

If the power reduction is made stepless, to find and not to fall down. At least, I think.
Or, it could clearly twitch pedal. Then do not fall down, but do not want to drive faster.

Do you mean that ..
1. Power is the remaining 80%?
2. Or, 80% already used?

Minor language problems  ;)

80% is used and only 20% is in reserve to keep you balanced.

The warning g beeps, despite the fact that they are annoying do do a good job. It would probably be better if the first double beep was relatively quiet and then the second beep got a little louder and the final constant 4 beeps were at their present volume.

okay
When the battery is 50%, it can not be dropped to 20% no matter how hard to try.
But it may be possible that the voltage has been down quickly.
I have not been followed. I have to keep an eye on the future.

I've noticed in the past that the battery is emptier, pedals moving. Then switch the loudspeaker on and it beeped strangely. Switch off the speaker again, and I continued to run slowly.

Before the fall of the pedals was normal. There is no warning.
Sure, it may be possible that the load was so fast that, the movement of the pedals had time to come.

Maybe it was just somerhing you had to learn!

To overload the 850wh battery needs a lot and I am sure (as you wrote) it is your fault, because you knew you do not have that much battery left.

I had the same as you once, and since then I am very very carefully what I am doing if the battery level (that is different from wheel to wheel) drops under a certain level.

It is about the level of 150wh, if you fall under this capacity the EU will not be able to give the full current aymore (depense at the motor wattage).

So my 85 or 132wh  battery equipted wheel will never be able to give my 100  kilo that forward momentum like any other wheel with a 340wh battery (as long the battery is fully loaded).

So with my GotWay 14 with the 340wh battery and only 2 led left I am not be able to fully accelerate or going slightly uphill faster then 10 km/h. If you would do that, I am faster then the GW and will fall forward! If I am doing this slowy I get the beeps warnings and pedal warning too, if I am doing it to quick....the warning is to late at all.

Today I drove Gotway 18" 850wh 55 km on a single charge.
The air temperature between +5° and the wind 6m/s.
The tire air pressure 3,5kg, that is, at high pressure.
Driving was mainly peaceful 20-25kmh.
Contained a somewhat maximum speeds.
The battery showed 20% remaining. Then started beeping battery. That is, differently than the speed beep. A little less often.
It separates yes.
I tried to get the device to shut down just because of the low battery warning.
But it did not happen though, so I tried.
I had to come to a less dense 3 beeps and even though I tried to force more speed, it does not really been natural because the pedals up really high on the front.
This is exactly what should happen to the maximum speed.
Speed ​​do not want to add if you have to stand on your toes.
It may not be too much to ask the manufacturer if it succeeds with an empty battery. No case of sudden exhaustion.

Up to 40% of the readings I got dropped temporarily up to 0% read, hard strain.
But nothing happened. No battery beeps, no pedal is lifted.

50% of the readings I did not fall to zero.

Voltage I did not get any time to change significantly. Only a few Volts.
Oddly enough, even though the percentage was changed significantly.

That after driving 55km Gotway 18" 850wh charging the battery lasted for almost 8 hours.

Gotway's latest Android update is just awesome. Self-adjustable vibration on your phone the maximum speed makes driving a worry-free and secure.
Now they have found the key to driving much more comfortable.

This change makes Gotway's easy to recommend to anyone.

I drove for a long time today with the 16" Rockwheel.
I did not remember how unstable it was to drive at high speed.
30kmh feel really like a lot of speed and unstable.
In my opinion, it should not go any faster than what it is now going.

In contrast to the 18" Gotway.
I believe that, even if the Gotway's top speed would be 60-70kmh,
it still would not be so wobbly run like a Rockwheel 16" speed 30kmh.

Roger :D

I work out unicycle ride at least once every day forest paths.
Some days I go three times.
One trip to look like this :)

689 calories burned.
The average heart rate of 120.
Maximum heart rate of 160.
The exercise takes about 2 hours.

I am sure that in the future these run all kinds of competitions.
This is very effective exercise.

13786677.t.jpg

Oh yes, I forgot to describe in more detail what it feels like fall over more than 30kmh speed.
First ..
I assumed that, hard speed of the collapse to happen so that, the body straight and your head hits the ground first with a loud uncontrolled power.
Perhaps hands either do not have time to dampen results found.

Incorrectly assumed.
In Reality ..
I could not consciously do anything, before the whole body slid to the ground.
I swung once or twice.
After which I continued to slide by.
During the sliding, I could decide I continue sliding cement, or I go rotation.
This time, sliding seemed to be the best idea, and continued it until stop.

This time, therefore, took place in the fall of a surprise to me, and I could not be prepared in any way.
I remember that the fall resembled more of the body's downfall, as the hitting the ground with great force.
The head did not hit the ground at any point.
Thanks reflexes, hands took the ground first.

I had, therefore, all possible Motocross driving protective equipment.
In spite of all before the fall, I had always imagined that the collapse of the high speed is in any case painful.
This time, however, I did not hurt myself at all.
The pain did not come to the crash, not after.
The only memorial was left of my clothes that are broken on all sides.
:ph34r:

Rockwheel GR16-25R battery life sorted out.
I drove about 20 km. I stopped once belonged to a continuous beep while not driving.
The tire pressure 3.5kg
The air temperature + 3 °
Driving contained a really mixed driving.

The battery display shows the middle, began accelerating or driving uphill belong to beep.
I did not notice anything unusual.
What emptier battery went, the easier it began to beep.
It seemed that the pedals slightly changed their position.

Although the end of the beep was just all the time. I did not get the unit to turn off or do anything else special. No matter how much I tried.
I got the feeling that, a beep will be too early. That could run on battery emptier. But of course can not know because I did not know the voltage.

At the end was uncomfortable to drive once belonged to a continuous beep. Still, the performance remained the same. Of course it is good to know that the device off.

For some reason, I have sore feet after a period of Rockweel.

Rubber and the frame is slightly too small space. Rubber stuck stones hit the frame and includes rouhea sound when the stones wedged and release.
I am afraid that, before long, the body plastic wears through and moisture can get in.

The speaker is a bad place for its potency. At high speed is difficult to hear the beep.
Especially inside the helmet.
All other yes to hear, but I can not hear myself :)
So I moved the speaker for a better place.
Straight up. I made a lot of small holes that the sound would come through. But dirt and moisture can not easily get in.
The holes do not even appear in the midst of painting commas.
The second photo, I put the light in that you can see the holes.

In my view, all manufacturers would put the speaker volume control, ensure that all users could select a suitable level.
Maximum strength could be really hard, and quiet then completely quiet.

And by the way .. Beep is otherwise always the same.
There is no short fast, or else. Beep is always a long Beeeeeeeeeeeeee ............
Also the maximum speed.
Beee .... will be approximately 30-31kmh speed.
And it is a constant. But stops immediately if the speed drops below.
Of course, if you drive just beep at the border, and noticing the speed varies, of course, flapping beep.

The speed can be safely accelerates aggressively until the beep. And then reduce the acceleration when the sound will be heard. The device does not turn off unexpectedly.
You can drive to 33kmh, for example, is quite safe, although the length of time, even if a continuous Beee ......
The device switches itself off only when the speed of 35kmh or more: D
Beep does not change, and no need to worry about a sudden power off during the beep, if the maximum speed attained. Only a maximum speed off the device.

Between the strollers clearance will cause unnecessary movement during driving. Especially in the field. This has to learn to drive in a slightly different way than the other, that swinging to happen.

One thing is silly. If you fall, Rockwheel does not shut themselves very easily. It can start to make their own jumps and flies here and there. It may even be dangerous. Jumping is so aggressive.

I hope that you will make this clear.

13788668.t.jpg

13788667.t.jpg

Rock Wheel download went to 3h.
In the meantime, I was driving Gotway 18". Oh boy :) I still have to say that, yes, it is stable. It's just incredibly stable and easy to drive.
30kmh speed feels like 16" Rockwheel ride hard real speed.
The same 30kmh speed does not seem to 18" Gotway really nothing.
It could take a nap at the same time :)
It accelerates the speed of 30kmh completely unnoticed.
I strongly believe that, so stable EUC could quite easily go even 60kmh.  :ph34r:

Rock Wheel download went to 3h.
In the meantime, I was driving Gotway 18". Oh boy :) I still have to say that, yes, it is stable. It's just incredibly stable and easy to drive.
30kmh speed feels like 16" Rockwheel ride hard real speed.
The same 30kmh speed does not seem to 18" Gotway really nothing.
It could take a nap at the same time :)
It accelerates the speed of 30kmh completely unnoticed.
I strongly believe that, so stable EUC could quite easily go even 60kmh.  :ph34r:

Hihi

I hope Gimlet did read this too. I already told him to take care with the GW18 (LS Version) that he will very very quick have reached his version topspeed of 25km/h GPS and after this he will fly.

As I wrote in my review; Yes the GW18 can be driven like on tracks and goes from zero to 20mph in nothing! It is the Cadillac (maybe the XLR) of the EU's so far I can say.

Oh yes, I forgot to describe in more detail what it feels like fall over more than 30kmh speed.
First ..
I assumed that, hard speed of the collapse to happen so that, the body straight and your head hits the ground first with a loud uncontrolled power.
Perhaps hands either do not have time to dampen results found.

Incorrectly assumed.
In Reality ..
I could not consciously do anything, before the whole body slid to the ground.
I swung once or twice.
After which I continued to slide by.
During the sliding, I could decide I continue sliding cement, or I go rotation.
This time, sliding seemed to be the best idea, and continued it until stop.

This time, therefore, took place in the fall of a surprise to me, and I could not be prepared in any way.
I remember that the fall resembled more of the body's downfall, as the hitting the ground with great force.
The head did not hit the ground at any point.
Thanks reflexes, hands took the ground first.

I had, therefore, all possible Motocross driving protective equipment.
In spite of all before the fall, I had always imagined that the collapse of the high speed is in any case painful.
This time, however, I did not hurt myself at all.
The pain did not come to the crash, not after.
The only memorial was left of my clothes that are broken on all sides.
:ph34r:

Were you wearing a full-face helmet?  Can you show us what your "all possible Motocross driving protective equipment" looks like?

In the summer of the same clothing. But, undergarments will be omitted.

Off-road driving, of course, there will be a sweaty job. But, as is many other hobby. I'd love to sweat, if I can prevent it to injury :)
In the summer will be in addition to hydration pack :)
I unicycle is not a tool to move from place to place. For me, it is intended for extreme sport.

Archived