King Song Social Media Representative

tinawong

On 7/21/2018 at 10:40 PM, Jason McNeil said:

Yes, if you purchased from me (I'm pretty certain you did, since you're in the US ;)), I've purchased a batch the retracting mechanisms to deal with the soft-metal fatigue failure locking problem, but they are on the slow boat from China, ETA 3 weeks. Can you drop me an email at support@ewheels.com & we'll make the necessary arrangements. 

On 7/21/2018 at 11:52 PM, phatmike said:

How do I know if my Ks18l has allready the more resistent trolley? Is there a date (that we can check on the wheel) that divide first from second batch?

see the answer before....best is to question your seller.

While....this problem, afaik does not go on all 18L, i would say as long as you have no probs with the trolley mechanism lock, seams you are in the right batch?

34 minutes ago, nte said:

@US69 Can you ask KS how to properly reinstall and adjust the strain sensor screw?

Hmmh, that would presuppose that KS had said to uninstall the strain sensor screw...which they did not, or?

If your screw got loose....and you want to “install it again”...the only advise there is, to screw it in by hand, and fasten it only hand tight/firmly...not overscrew it to hard! After that secure it by silicon or a professional screw loctite.

We had that on the 18L of a friend...the sensor screw got that loose, that it tumbled through the case/shell. we installed it by said method and it worked like a charm then...( even if that sounds ironic...no problems at all)

But if you are not sure to do that youself, leave it to your seller/professional repair!!!!

18 minutes ago, nte said:

I ask because there has been some speculation about the lock up issue being related to the strain sensor not having the correct tension. Since KS has not been able to replicate the lock up problem, I wonder if KS has tried to trolley the 18L with improperly adjusted(via screw) strain sensor? Also because people will be receiving the stronger trolley components and this question will probably come up sooner or later.

This video does a pretty good job showing how to adjust the screw but the auto translate is not the best. In the video he puts pressure on the trolley tube while tightening the screw. Just wondering if there is an official procedure from kingsong.

i understand the concerns, and yes , in general thats a proper video on how to install the sensor screw...

But ...as my understanding goes..it is also very important that the rod itself, which is hold by those “claws” on top and bottom of the rod is NOT screwed in to hard. Otherwise, without movement of the rod itself, the sensor would be without usage or doesnt sense anything!

so yes, i am going to ask KS for a proper installation video! But as said often before, dont exspect anything to soon, there is time barrier...and also the actual problem which needs to be soluted, so my guess is before they dont have a solution for this we will not see any advice on how to do this....

As soon as i got an answer, i will get back here! 

Promised!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

22 hours ago, US69 said:

I would say all your following questions have nothing todo with the wheels driving safety...but thats mz opinion...i try to answer one by one

Why dont you use the light On/off button in the app or over the power button instead if you are not happy how the light sensor works?

Its just a “goodie” that other wheel brands  donthave, but yes, when blinded by car light or street light, the light sensor might not work as you want...so i would advise use light on/off setting....

You can change from “voice/horn” to “beeps” over the app register “more-voice control”....if you set the voice to ON...you have horn and 3rd alarm voice”please decellerate”...if you choose Voice to OFF...you have beep instead of horn and beeping on all first 3 alarms...

Concept: Voice or beep...but not both

Green LED only gets On when wheel is FULLY charged and balanced....before there is a red LED on the charger

At the time now .....i can only advise:

let the sensor off, and dont do anythings on the wheel..no opening , no battery plug in/out etc etc...

Sorry, that i cant give better advices...we have to wait till a solution is found.

I can only say it again and again...in daily contact with KS to found the issue!

Thank you for your advice.

Sorry for my misleading about the LED light. Actually, I'm talking about those LED light strips on both sides of the wheel, is it suppose light up when you are charging?

Today, when I connect bluetooth with KS app, it showed a new firmware upgrade message popup. When go to more > firmware upgrade in the app, latest is 107 and I had upgraded it 2 weeks ago.

I just feel that the wheel seems getting wield.

But I'll follow your advice and wait for the solution and the new upgrade trolley handle and peddle:thumbup:

13 minutes ago, iMaster said:

Today, when I connect bluetooth with KS app, it showed a new firmware upgrade message popup. When go to more > firmware upgrade in the app, latest is 107 and I had upgraded it 2 weeks ago.

somewhere in the app seams to be a failure causing this update triggers...Soory for that! 1.07 is the latest!

The LED Sidestrip should not work while charging, as your wheek might be in the state OFF!

5 minutes ago, US69 said:

somewhere in the app seams to be a failure causing this update triggers...Soory for that! 1.07 is the latest!

The LED Sidestrip should not work while charging, as your wheek might be in the state OFF!

many thanks once again for your clear and prompt response

1 hour ago, US69 said:

The wheel is always in state ON while charging... You can even connect to it with bluetooth app and monitor the charge... Once you disconnect the charger you will see the wheel switching off automatically... (in fact the controller is never completely off but in sleep state...)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TomOnWheels said:

The wheel is always in state ON while charging... You can even connect to it with bluetooth app and monitor the charge... Once you disconnect the charger you will see the wheel switching off automatically... (in fact the controller is never completely off but in sleep state...)

Yes, Tom, you expained it better than me!

Unfortunatly i only have the 18S here at the moment to compare status.... But yes, the controller is “in action”while charging...cause on the newer s/l series the charge port goes into the board ant onlt then into the batteries....as before, where the charge port goes into BMS\battery directly. Nonetheless, the side LEDS of the wheels should be in status off while charging, unless you dont play around with the power button while charging.

• Upvote 1

@US69 On the Inmotion V10/10f you can connect to wheel using it as a BT speaker, while the wheel is in a "off" state or non-driving state.

Can you do that some way with the KS18L too? Now I know you don't have the wheel to play around with, but I am a bit cautious playing around with the App and wheel settings. 

I really don't what the wheel to enter a lock up stage and overheating. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Unventor said:

@US69 On the Inmotion V10/10f you can connect to wheel using it as a BT speaker, while the wheel is in a "off" state or non-driving state.

Can you do that some way with the KS18L too? Now I know you don't have the wheel to play around with, but I am a bit cautious playing around with the App and wheel settings. 

You definitely CAN!

The easiest way is set up music, play music and than bring the wheel down by laying it to the side, it still should play music and all!

There are other ways to, using the shutdown or lock buttons in the app....

Sorry for 100% perfect answer i must try with my 18s tomorrow....as now its to late! But regarding the app:

i can only say from my experience the last android and IOS versions work good and have no big fault anymore. So playing around will not hurt you! Give me 24-48hours to answer that question exactly.....please!

For IOS app....there MIGHT BE a Nice surprise in short future...more i cant say, sorry!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Unventor said:

And btw....on the 18L with 1.07 there is even the possibility go stick in a USB Stick into Usb with music...and use that as your music source!!!

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, US69 said:

You definitely CAN!

The easiest way is set up music, play music and than bring the wheel down by laying it to the side, it still should play music and all!

There are other ways to, using the shutdown or lock buttons in the app....

Sorry for 100% perfect answer i must try with my 18s tomorrow....as now its to late! But regarding the app:

i can only say from my experience the last android and IOS versions work good and have no big fault anymore. So playing around will not hurt you! Give me 24-48hours to answer that question exactly.....please!

For IOS app....there MIGHT BE a Nice surprise in short future...more i cant say, sorry!

While we are on the topic of the app. I don't seem to get a proper dark theme to work. Is this just me or how it is with new design?

Personally I prefer dark themes (sorry for being vampirestyle) since it is easier to read in sunshine and tend to use less phone battery.

Just now, Unventor said:

While we are on the topic of the app. I don't seem to get a proper dark theme to work. Is this just me or how it is with new design?

Personally I prefer dark themes (sorry for being vampirestyle) since it is easier to read in sunshine and tend to use less phone battery.

you are right...there is no proper dark theme which would give certain displays a battery advantage!

Like said....there might be - hopefully-  a  change in short future.....

• Like 1

14 hours ago, US69 said:

Yes, Tom, you expained it better than me!

Unfortunatly i only have the 18S here at the moment to compare status.... But yes, the controller is “in action”while charging...cause on the newer s/l series the charge port goes into the board ant onlt then into the batteries....as before, where the charge port goes into BMS\battery directly. Nonetheless, the side LEDS of the wheels should be in status off while charging, unless you dont play around with the power button while charging.

LEDs are indeed off while charging on my KS18L with 1.0.7 firmware.

• Upvote 1

Is there a way to get the King Song android app to display speed in mph, mileage in miles, and temperature in Fahrenheit?  I don't see any place in the settings to do that.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, squirt said:

Is there a way to get the King Song android app to display speed in mph, mileage in miles, and temperature in Fahrenheit?  I don't see any place in the settings to do that.

Not until now...but 3rd Party app development might Change in near future, it can only get better….

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Hi @US69

You have teased that things might happen with KS App soon.

Would be nice to have the app tailored to be non-chinese outside in the global world.

Hinch no Chinese error messages and preferable a outside China server too.

If I understand it correct China have to pretty tight internet screenings and I think this can cause some of the network busy messages (ok I don't know for sure).

To me most Chinese internet sites are slow at best or pretty broken. No issues with western world countries.

Edited by Unventor
  • Upvote 1

Speaking of the app. It would be really cool if you could calibrate mileage counter in the wheel. Like ride 5km and see what app get of data from phone GPS and then sync these so wheel meter and speed becomes more consistent precise if you like.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Speaking of the app. It would be really cool if you could calibrate mileage counter in the wheel. Like ride 5km and see what app get of data from phone GPS and then sync these so wheel meter and speed becomes more consistent precise if you like.

In the end, GPS distance is GPS distance, and wheel distance is wheel distance. A GPS isn't going to record if you snake/ski around (what is the official name for that?) instead of going in a boring straight line. The wheel just records how often the tire has turned and that's how far the wheel has actually gone. (Unless we want to start arguing that distance is fractal and not well-defined, just like coastline length, and get God know where:efeebb3acc:)

I'd rather not muddle the two. They are different numbers, useful for different purposes. Why lose information?

What would be cool would be a built in GPS in the wheel, though. Saves phone battery (or having to take a phone at all), may allow for a better reception with a bigger antenna.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

In the end, GPS distance is GPS distance, and wheel distance is wheel distance. A GPS isn't going to record if you snake/ski around (what is the official name for that?) instead of going in a boring straight line. The wheel just records how often the tire has turned and that's how far the wheel has actually gone. (Unless we want to start arguing that distance is fractal and not well-defined, just like coastline length, and get God know where:efeebb3acc:)

I'd rather not muddle the two. They are different numbers, useful for different purposes. Why lose information?

What would be cool would be a built in GPS in the wheel, though. Saves phone battery (or having to take a phone at all), may allow for a better reception with a bigger antenna.

I understand what you are saying, but it seems distance metered in wheel is kinda of GPS +20%. And as you say GPS is not necessary wheels mileage. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

I have a ratio wheel/gps of 1.18 which is quite a lot of skiing around for one like me that goes almost straight. I think they made an over consideration on the wheel radius, maybe infinite rigid tyre so the biggest radius the more km.

I agree do not muddle the two take out the unuseful cheap wheel turns * radius and put a gps