King Song Social Media Representative

tinawong

8 minutes ago, WARPed1701D said:

The best option here is a per wheel setting to correct wheel rotational distance. Set the correction amount and it is applied to the reported wheel value to get the displayed value for distance and speed. As already mentioned having the app do it on the fly would just result in inaccuracy from carving, bends etc during normal riding. It would be best to ride a known distance (100m running track) in a straight line, observe the reported wheel distance, and calculate the correction value. 

You said it all !

Edited by TomOnWheels

37 minutes ago, TomOnWheels said:

You said it all !

Well I kind though that was the bases of my suggestion. I just used 5km to calculate correction to upload to wheel so it could use new more accurate value, of course for those who choose to do so. The important part is option of choice.

I rather have reliable mileage as to me this calculate into speed to. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Unventor said:

@US69 just a thought on the trolly handle.I practically never use the trolly handle fully extended. 

To me it would have been perfect to have a thicker material handle extention that only reach to the first lock possition.

I would imagine this would make the handle more stiff and better to cope with the weight of the wheel. Plus the lesser joints the lesser risk of lift sensor mis reading.

I would simply put like to have shorter 1 posittion lock extentiuon rather the 2 possition and then have a massiver 1 tube extention if you like. 

It is not that the handle is bad, I just would feel it as better build quality with less movement in trolly handle.

Yep, I am 6´4’´ (1m90), and the first level is more than enough for me. The second level is overkilled and has too much play.

13 hours ago, em1barns said:
13 hours ago, Unventor said:

@US69 just a thought on the trolly handle.I practically never use the trolly handle fully extended. 

To me it would have been perfect to have a thicker material handle extention that only reach to the first lock possition.

I would imagine this would make the handle more stiff and better to cope with the weight of the wheel. Plus the lesser joints the lesser risk of lift sensor mis reading.

I would simply put like to have shorter 1 posittion lock extentiuon rather the 2 possition and then have a massiver 1 tube extention if you like. 

It is not that the handle is bad, I just would feel it as better build quality with less movement in trolly handle.

Yep, I am 6´4’´ (1m90), and the first level is more than enough for me. The second level is overkilled and has too much play.

I disagree... I am 6'3" and with the handle in the lower position I can just reach it without bending - which is fine when you walk your wheel along right next to you. But in a narrow space I need the handle on the top position to walk the wheel in front of me without stooping.

Perhaps I just have stumpy t-rex arms?

And while I love the height of it, I do agree that it feels a little "loose" when fully extended.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

That made me laugh! :)

After my last post about you, I'm surprised you didn't make me a Photoshop surprise...

Edited by The Fat Unicyclist
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Unventor said:

I guess he will be one of those requesting bigger pedels too ?.

Along with a scratch resistance surface. :P

• Like 2

On 8/5/2018 at 1:04 PM, Rehab1 said:

Along with a scratch resistance surface. :P

Just a wild idea, self healing vinyl or paint coating. 

• Like 1

On 8/12/2018 at 9:46 AM, Wheeler Von Calamity said:

I want this stuff for my wheel 

This type of Molecular Bonded Shell plating has been around since the 80's, (but was kept a trade secret by Knight Industries.) :o

Knightlogo.png

First used on the Knight Automated Roving Robot, this prototype :efef77eaf5: was armored with "Tri-Helical Plasteel 1000 MBS". (However, the initial prototype was subsequently cancelled due to an AI programming 'glitch'.)

Edited by RayRay
Too autonomous
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, RayRay said:

This type of Molecular Bonded Shell plating has been around since the 80's, (but was kept a trade secret by Knight Industries.) :o

Knightlogo.png

First used on the Knight Automated Roving Robot, this prototype :efef77eaf5: was armored with "Tri-Helical Plasteel 1000 MBS". (However, the initial prototype was subsequently cancelled due to an AI programming 'glitch'.)

Wasn't that just bedliner?

I think that it could be a good idea to make a new version of the trolley with only 2 positions like before...

The KS18L is higher than the previous models like the Ks16... It should be ok for most of us (and more rigid and solid).

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
44 minutes ago, DanCar said:

Any news about bigger pedals coming?  I'm holding my purchase of KS18L, waiting for huge pedals :)

AS I recall it it was rumoured to come, but was then officially said it will happen on new wheels maybe. As in Kingsong heard the feedback and request but will make this a feature in new wheels going forward. 

My speculation is that  we might see this in a KS18XL or KS18L Mark II or whatever next option will be called.

1 hour ago, DanCar said:

Any news about bigger pedals coming?  I'm holding my purchase of KS18L, waiting for huge pedals :)

You may want to ck with @Jason McNeil this is his project he is funding and arranging... I am not sure on that wheel, but I think they are in stock and received before the Tariff so if he sells out and has to order more stock (I am guessing you are getting it from ewheels), the price will go up as you are seeing on other wheels on his site... I am also under the impression the pedals are to be sold as an accessory so they are separate and in addition to the wheel purchase, I may be incorrect, best to shoot Jason an email...

2 hours ago, Marcglider said:

You may want to ck with @Jason McNeil this is his project he is funding and arranging... I am not sure on that wheel, but I think they are in stock and received before the Tariff so if he sells out and has to order more stock (I am guessing you are getting it from ewheels), the price will go up as you are seeing on other wheels on his site... I am also under the impression the pedals are to be sold as an accessory so they are separate and in addition to the wheel purchase, I may be incorrect, best to shoot Jason an email...

Downrange, KS will have do what many foreign car manufacturers like, like Toyota,  Mercedes, and BMW have done; build a factory in the USA. ??

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DanCar said:

Yes, we all said that we needed huuge pedals... (but I was just boasting, average size pedals work just fine.) :mellow: