!!! Firmware or hardware problems with KS18L, wheels locking up while trolleying

esaj

So now we can finally turn our lift sensors on? Yeey.

Btw, I almost crashed during 90° turn left at 40kmph.... The wheel started to wobble A LOT... I shauted: "God please nooo!" And the wobbles have gone, thanks god? I am atheist...but sometimes god of holy unicycles helps when I am in sharp turn high speed inneed..

How can I solve these DANGEROUS wobbles? Do you have any tips? I am 75kg, 1.8m and there is 2.5bar in my tire... The app says that I have ridden 260km so far...

Thanks guys!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ricqvo said:

So now we can finally turn our lift sensors on? Yeey.

Btw, I almost crashed during 90° turn left at 40kmph.... The wheel started to wobble A LOT... I shauted: "God please nooo!" And the wobbles have gone, thanks god? I am atheist...but sometimes god of holy unicycles helps when I am in sharp turn high speed inneed..

How can I solve these DANGEROUS wobbles? Do you have any tips? I am 75kg, 1.8m and there is 2.5bar in my tire... The app says that I have ridden 260km so far...

Thanks guys!

Simple answer: slow down

For a more specific read the EUC dynamic thread. I suggest you do it sooner rather later, or even worse, too late. There are some really useful insights you must know to ride safely.

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, ricqvo said:

Heyho Man :) Please just take your time!

Wobbles on higher Speed for relative newbies are a absolutly Normal! The Thing todo is just get more used to EUC riding and dont oversspeed before!

With only 75kg, you can try to take the tire pressure more down...to About 2,1 or 2,2...but again: IMHO These are just typical starter Problems:

Solution: When it wobbles...dont go that fast...get more "stable" and Train your leg muscles….you are not riding stable enough!

Do you still clamp the Wheel with your legs???

1 minute ago, Unventor said:

Ok, that was the short Version of what i was trying to say :)

• Like 1

Just now, Unventor said:

I dont usually ride high speeds, but it was great plain road without any cars or people... There was a long n smooth turn left, so I started turning and the wheel started wobbeling... I almost died... Thx god of goly wheel... I had death in my mind that few seconds...

1 minute ago, US69 said:

I added a little more to not come too harsh with my answer.

7 minutes ago, US69 said:

Heyho Man :) Please just take your time!

Wobbles on higher Speed for relative newbies are a absolutly Normal! The Thing todo is just get more used to EUC riding and dont oversspeed before!

With only 75kg, you can try to take the tire pressure more down...to About 2,1 or 2,2...but again: IMHO These are just typical starter Problems:

Solution: When it wobbles...dont go that fast...get more "stable" and Train your leg muscles….you are not riding stable enough!

Do you still clamp the Wheel with your legs???

I dont clamp the wheel at all, but when it starts wobbeling, I grab it as hard as I can trying to not crash and slow down to stop wobbeling....

I have ridden more than 250km in one week... I think I am starting to get it... But yeah...that wobbeling is annoying and very VERY dangerous!

Edited by ricqvo

7 minutes ago, Unventor said:

For a more specific read the EUC dynamic thread. I suggest you do it sooner rather later, or even worse, too late. There are some really useful insights you must know to ride safely.

I cannot find the thread.... Can you please give me a link to it? I will read right now...

4 minutes ago, ricqvo said:

I dont clamp the wheel at all, but when it starts wobbeling, I grab it as hard as I can trying to not crash and slow down to stop wobbeling....

Believe me, you can be so happy that you -instead of Long learning Phase- just jumped onto the Wheel and did go 

Fantastic!

But wobbles when the Speed gets higher...is a typical newbie Syndrom...you just still dont have the "stability" to Control the Wheel on that high Speeds!

And you are Right----Thats dangerous and can cause a crash, which is no fun at 40kmh!

I guess when you have driven 150-300km more, you will have no Problems anymore…..

Edited by US69
  • Like 2

I dont usually ride high speeds, but it was great plain road without any cars or people... There was a long n smooth turn left, so I started turning and the wheel started wobbeling... I almost died... Thx god of goly wheel... I had death in my mind that few seconds...

Speed is what kills people no matter what. This is something people should respect more. But in general it takes near or even hard felt accident before people starting think.

And yes I had accidents go learn from. Even when I tried to prepare for the accident to be able to avoid it.

Today I took a cruising ride in city center. Going places I never been before.  It is kinda scouting toad conditions and to build up me legs and feet. It worked as a charm. 

@US69I am loving it more for every mile I ride. How on earth is that possible to build something like that ?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ricqvo said:

I cannot find the thread.... Can you please give me a link to it? I will read right now...

It is long by now. You can find my input on speed wobbles there too.

• Like 1

Speed is what kills people no matter what. This is something people should respect more. But in general it takes near or even hard felt accident before people starting think.

And yes I had accidents go learn from. Even when I tried to prepare for the accident to be able to avoid it.

Today I took a cruising ride in city center. Going places I never been before.  It is kinda scouting toad conditions and to build up me legs and feet. It worked as a charm. 

@US69I am loving it more for every mile I ride. How on earth is that possible to build something like that ?

I do the same think... But I live in the Czech Republic in a 500 people village, so here is nothing to scout at all?But yeah, I ride to places further I have never been to...and explore and get closer and closer to my lovely 18L...

It is long by now. You can find my input on speed wobbles there too.

Wow, what a long thread... I will try to get through it somehow..

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Siggy said:

So far this wheel is very promising!

Is it smoother than the Tesla? What is the power delivery like? What colour did you end up going for?

Edited by Edddeus

I do the same think... But I live in the Czech Republic in a 500 people village, so here is nothing to scout at all?But yeah, I ride to places further I have never been to...and explore and get closer and closer to my lovely 18L...

Wow, what a long thread... I will try to get through it somehow..

I didn't know that going downhill is a bad thing if battery is 100% charged. Since my morning commute starts with a downhill section after a few hundredsmeters. That was yet another eye opened for me. I think it is in this where some had some really nice vids on how to go over a speed bump or curve.

2 hours ago, US69 said:

BTW:

Today FW 1.09 will be released, as on FW1.07"new", which was delivered to those with probs and new customers,  as until now no Reports of any new Wheel locks have come in! 

Don't want to disappoint you, but today there's been a reported case of a wheel lock with FW 1.09 installed. :( That happened in Saint Petersburg, Russia, with a 18L which had locks before. In a mall again.

2 hours ago, US69 said:

BTW:

Today FW 1.09 will be released, as on FW1.07"new", which was delivered to those with probs and new customers,  as until now no Reports of any new Wheel locks have come in! 

@US69  If I understand the situation correctly, only 8 or 10 issues had been reported. IS that correct? Do you know out of how many units were distributed at that point (worldwide)?

Since it happened 2 times to me in 2 weeks, I might expect it take a while for more incidents to get reported, but thanks for the updates. I'm still holding my breath everytime I ride, but almost 1 week since my FW update. 

Also, regarding the trolly handle, that is one of the selling points for me for the KS units. I really like how it was done. And, on the 18L, the extra stop half way down is very nice, though the high setting is a bit high for me...I think you'd need to be over 6' tall to want the high setting. But having the option to lower the handle half way is very good. When I got my 16S the first 4 months of riding around my neighborhood with street construction, I used the trolly handle several times a day! It would have been very had to ride daily without the extendable handle. IT comes in very handy any time you don't want to ride over something.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, nte said:

His wheel really hates shopping :(

How many locks for him so far? 4? 5? more?

Do you know if the aging test was done on his wheel? Not sure if that matters or not but just curious.

Not sure about that, but it's at least his third lock. I don't know about the aging test, probably not. And he just wrote he can't turn his EUC on any more, even after the batteries reconnect.

18 minutes ago, tim716 said:

Don't want to disappoint you, but today there's been a reported case of a wheel lock with FW 1.09 installed. :( That happened in Saint Petersburg, Russia, with a 18L which had locks before. In a mall again.

Thats why i said "until know" and why i personnaly until now Always reported that the issue itself wasnt hundertpercent found!!….

That's a real bummer :-(

Edited by US69

6 minutes ago, tim716 said:

Not sure about that, but it's at least his third lock. I don't know about the aging test, probably not. And he just wrote he can't turn his EUC on any more, even after the batteries reconnect.

Sounds like this guy has found his true calling. :facepalm:

I mean he has got mad skills at making it freeze on him.

44 minutes ago, Circuitmage said:
3 hours ago, US69 said:

@US69  If I understand the situation correctly, only 8 or 10 issues had been reported. IS that correct? Do you know out of how many units were distributed at that point (worldwide)?

Since it happened 2 times to me in 2 weeks, I might expect it take a while for more incidents to get reported, but thanks for the updates. I'm still holding my breath everytime I ride, but almost 1 week since my FW update. 

In fact what numbers has reached KS through their reseller channels it are even only 6!!! While i get to 8-9numbers..

Thats why i contradict this "There is such A LOT" so much…..And nope, sorry,  i dont know sale numbers and i will not get them….

My -personal- opinion starts to grow more and more that it is a specific Batch board failure...AS there is still Nothing in complete asia and Germany!

Edited by US69

i think there must be a lot un accounted for in those numbers. 8-9 only?

2 in denmark

2 in russia

2 in france

1 in USA

plus 4 more i found in a schematic in this thread without contry information

and theyre just the ones i could find by looking through fb and forums for a few minutes

looks like ks18L are still doing the lock up problem, this one is very recent, today actually... not all are accounted for 

more lockups

translated: 

My KS18L does not like the supermarket as I rolled around the wheel blocked so I had to separate it to disconnect battery and engine. Got help from ____ to get it started again, thanks to him

No personal injury, maybe a little less on the trust of KingSong ?

and youre telling me that there is only 8 cases and all are accounted for?

and who knows how many i missed? i just looked through this thread and a little bit on facebook,

the numbers arent totally representing the truth

Edited by Shad0z
  • Upvote 1