THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

24 minutes ago, Forwardnbak said:

I just ordered the Insta X4 after inmotion compensated me for the dodgy FW smash of my X3.

Good on them for doing that, really great of them. 
It really helped me out. 

Insta360 also replaced my X3 three months outside of the warranty period late last year. The camera stopped working and would overheat and drain the batteries quickly if turned on. There was no user-caused damage to the unit.

Regarding the iOS app, I guess it could be useful for sharing quick videos when out and about. Can you upload all the raw files (.lrv and .insv) to iCloud or other storage site, or just export video for playback?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, litewave said:

Insta360 also replaced my X3 three months outside of the warranty period late last year. The camera stopped working and would overheat and drain the batteries quickly if turned on. There was no user-caused damage to the unit.

Regarding the iOS app, I guess it could be useful for sharing quick videos when out and about. Can you upload all the raw files (.lrv and .insv) to iCloud or other storage site, or just export video for playback?

Hmm yes my X2 overheats and I lose a heap of footage without realising it has stopped. Last video I lost heaps.. frustrating when you know you had good footage.

re the export to iCloud, not sure it’s that advanced but haven’t looked that deep. 
once exported you can push it to cloud etc 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i really appreciate any advice.

i have some goals i'd like to accomplish.

handsfree and easy to transfer the videos to the ipad. 

maybe i'll just get a chest mount for one of my iphones and free up it's 128gb storage. i don't need fancy effects. just the highest quality video i can transfer in my lifetime using at&t sketchy wireless service without wifi. tonight i'll barely have data as humans party next door.

sometimes u just get lucky. cable ties > velcro.

i love how i can fold them up for manual transport and setting her on her nose.

i know there aren't many if any other agriculture producers on the forum, but for my ranch, wheels are the best thing since slice bread. free fast surveillance. 90% of my job.

i've been riding alot and i've finally ridden some road miles on the lynx, and they really are my favorite.

haha, of course, i'll ride the v13's alot, and change my mind. 

FC8DC55F-E6F2-4BD6-8457-644C1676904A.thumb.jpeg.0b366da404c4da393e116ade376e9777.jpeg

FD772B24-C620-4A7F-8C28-02602495C8C1.thumb.jpeg.6d63c271e11bba541d25b30314c0d6e4.jpeg

• Like 2

On 5/10/2024 at 9:18 AM, Forwardnbak said:

Hmm yes my X2 overheats and I lose a heap of footage without realising it has stopped. Last video I lost heaps.. frustrating when you know you had good footage.

re the export to iCloud, not sure it’s that advanced but haven’t looked that deep. 
once exported you can push it to cloud etc 

my iphone is overheating constantly now. 

i've figured out how to build an electronics koozie that will work for all devices but i need a manufacturer.

16 minutes ago, novazeus said:

i've figured out how to build an electronics koozie that will work for all devices

Unfortunately, that would exacerbate the problem. Try lowering the screen brightness,keep it out of direct sunlight or remove it from it's case. Maybe buy a better phone. My Samsung has never overheated and i had had it sitting in the sun in a case in over 100°f temps.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

Unfortunately, that would exacerbate the problem. Try lowering the screen brightness,keep it out of direct sunlight or remove it from it's case. Maybe buy a better phone. My Samsung has never overheated and i had had it sitting in the sun in a case in over 100°f temps.

my koozie uses evaporative cooling.

oops, put this on the lynx thread yesterday accidentally.

this showcases hou ningnings 40mm forward and 70mm drop backplate kits he made for me. u could also drop 55mm if u needed more clearance. u keep the suspension. works great. 

padless, v13 riding over raw land. it is wonderful.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, novazeus said:

my iphone is overheating constantly now. 

Phones are not, in general optimised for taking long-form HD video, and that is an extremely heat-generating task for something happening in such a small box.

Even action-cams, purposely designed for that have overheat problems unless you can find ways to get them in constant airflow. It shouldn't be hard to get that as riders, but sometimes it is. Much to my annoyance even the light foam windsock I have for my DJI makes that overheat and stop recording whilst chest-mounted, so I have to do without it to avoid that or perch it on the front of the wheel instead where I can't talk to it without spending another 200 quid on the remote mic...

Damn the 4 days of sunshine we get a year ;) Talking of which, we are in one, so out in it I should go !

• Like 1

i've figured it out for my needs. 

just did a ranch patrol 34 minutes long at 4k 30fps and 15+gigs.

and airdropped it and have already viewed it on my ipad. 

i'll want to save all the chinbar pov videos so that's why i ordered the 2tb 13" ipad pro with nano display whatever that is. 

i'd love to waste money on a insta360 4x, but i don't think i'm smart enough and don't want to waste time learning what to buy and sd card readers etc etc,

when the bottleneck for uploads to youtube is at&t. but i don't need to upload that many.

do u have any idea how great it would be for the planet just to pull ag producers out of pick up trucks to do their chores. 

they just need to be taught the proper techniques and some wheel modifications for raw land. i would think wineries could use wheels. pickers in warehouses. etc etc etc etc etc etc.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, novazeus said:

i've figured it out for my needs. 

just did a ranch patrol 34 minutes long at 4k 30fps and 15+gigs.

and airdropped it and have already viewed it on my ipad. 

i'll want to save all the chinbar pov videos so that's why i ordered the 2tb 13" ipad pro with nano display whatever that is. 

i'd love to waste money on a insta360 4x, but i don't think i'm smart enough and don't want to waste time learning what to buy and sd card readers etc etc,

when the bottleneck for uploads to youtube is at&t. but i don't need to upload that many.

do u have any idea how great it would be for the planet just to pull ag producers out of pick up trucks to do their chores. 

they just need to be taught the proper techniques and some wheel modifications for raw land. i would think wineries could use wheels. pickers in warehouses. etc etc etc etc etc etc.

re: X4, it's not complicated. Just get a recent PC or Mac and connect the camera using USB-C to either. (Alternatively, you can remove the micro-SD card from inside the battery space and insert it into the laptop's card reader.  You should see the camera mounted as a storage device either way. Just drag/drop the camera folder on the camera micro-SD card to wherever you store your raw photos on your PC/Mac. When finished, delete all files from the micro-SD card, empty the recycling bin or trash can, and finally eject the camera/micro-SD card.

D/L Insta360 Studio for your new computer and open the larger .insv file you want to edit. Pan and zoom to the perfect angle in the video for each important moment and keyframe it. When finished, export to your preferred video format.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, novazeus said:

my koozie uses evaporative cooling.

It's an interesting concept however cooling down the phone using "water" or any other means that will cool it dramatically can cause condensation to build up inside the phone. There are a few accessories currently on the market that may help.

from techadviser:

Buy a cooling accessory: If you’re constantly faced with the hot iPhone warning, you’ve always got the option of buying an accessory to help cool the phone. These include the Razer Arctech Pro case mentioned above and the Black Shark FunCooler Pro that can cool your device by up to 28 degrees C. The latter is admittedly designed for the company’s Black Shark 3 gaming phone, but it’s compatible with a range of phones. 

14 hours ago, litewave said:

re: X4, it's not complicated. Just get a recent PC or Mac and connect the camera using USB-C to either. (Alternatively, you can remove the micro-SD card from inside the battery space and insert it into the laptop's card reader.  You should see the camera mounted as a storage device either way. Just drag/drop the camera folder on the camera micro-SD card to wherever you store your raw photos on your PC/Mac. When finished, delete all files from the micro-SD card, empty the recycling bin or trash can, and finally eject the camera/micro-SD card.

D/L Insta360 Studio for your new computer and open the larger .insv file you want to edit. Pan and zoom to the perfect angle in the video for each important moment and keyframe it. When finished, export to your preferred video format.

I am still trying to figure out editing on the X3.  Part of the issue is I try to do everything from my phone and I need to start using my desktop.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bigkidneys said:

I am still trying to figure out editing on the X3.  Part of the issue is I try to do everything from my phone and I need to start using my desktop.

In order to benefit from 360 video, you must run the Insta360 Studio desktop app, or use the plugin for Adobe Premier. I360 Studio and the Adobe plugin are only available for PC and Mac OSs.

17 hours ago, litewave said:

haha, 

i'm offgrid and sometimes i can't even make a phone call.

so what ur saying to process the 360 videos, lacing them together, requires a pc or mac, insta360 has no processing software, yet, for the apple ipad pro?

i see there's all kinds of apps on the app store. 

the bottleneck is at&t wireless unlimited data that if i'm lucky i can send an email. 

i've been trying to upload a great video to youtube since sunday morning. 

i can move files using card readers, but viewing them in 360 requires specialized software to stitch the frames together?

the 170 degree 8k might be of interest to me because mainly i want to view them privately on my new ipad. i haven't looked into gopro's latest offering. 

if my chinbar iphone video ever makes it to youtube, i think i'll like it fine.

Posted (edited)

hopefully the summer rains will start soon and i think i'll roll my existing paths but since i have lots of diesel and Bob is pretty chill these days, i think i'll get serious about building man made trails like y'all ride.

i have a rototiller, boxblade, rakes, drag mats, etc, not much skill, but i can probably do better than what the Mammuthus primigenius left me. 

it will be extremely rough on my body like all tractor work, but OMG, not getting beat to death riding around will be so worth it. 

i've been holding off not know the status of my real estate sales, but now i know i'll be here for 18 months at least, probably until i die now, so infrastructure for this 70 year old makes sense. 

even thinking about a toilet.

A2836589-F393-474B-8F84-9FF5888D58F8.thumb.jpeg.1aab1bd602947ee78fe5aadc40f4a2b5.jpeg

Edited by novazeus

6 minutes ago, novazeus said:

hopefully the summer rains will start soon and i think i'll roll my existing paths but since i have lots of diesel and Bob is pretty chill these days, i think i'll get serious about building man made trails like y'all ride.

i have a rototiller, boxblade, rakes, drag mats, etc, not much skill, but i can probably do better than what the Mammuthus primigenius left me. 

it will be extremely rough on my body like all tractor work, but OMG, not getting beat to death riding around will be so worth it. 

i've been holding off not know the status of my real estate sales, but now i know i'll be here for 18 months at least, probably until i die now, so infrastructure for this 70 year old makes sense. 

even thinking about a toilet.

A2836589-F393-474B-8F84-9FF5888D58F8.thumb.jpeg.1aab1bd602947ee78fe5aadc40f4a2b5.jpeg

Can always just dig a hole! lol

• Upvote 1

this iphone cable tied to my tsg pass chinbar works great for my purposes. 

still took 60 hours to upload to youtube.

takes a couple of minutes to airdrop to my ipad.

the trick with airdrop is to reboot ur iphone and ipad before attempting the transfer.

i have a workaround for uploading over wireless too. i was in that business from 1999-2002.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, novazeus said:

nice little video demonstrating the V13 and new 40mm forward 70mm lowered backplates

Thanks for the demonstration although I'm not sure what that achieved except for lack of ground clearance.  Your toes are still hanging over the front of the pedals and now you can't make any tight turns.

• Upvote 2

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, novazeus said:

nice little video demonstrating the V13 and new 40mm forward 70mm lowered backplates

If it works for you and you are happy with it, then bravo, and good luck to you !

But it looks very odd to me, and if that was the 'correct' position for pedals I feel sure manufacturers would have spotted this fairly early on and wouldn't continue to make them positioned as they more typically are. Is your braking not somewhat compromised by the forward position as well as the tight turning ability by the height of them ? Looks like there is a real chance of them digging in if you are unlucky with your uneven terrain as you turn a corner...

Edited by Cerbera
  • Like 1