THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

2 hours ago, Lukasz said:

Fully custom build high suspension range (almost twice the range of Master), high torque, below 33kg total road ready weight, 100,4V,  1800Wh, nylon pedals, front light with zoom and angle adjustment, rear light with good visibility and stop lights, reflective surfaces, jump pegs, well designed power and breaking pads, proper carrying / lifting handle with working torque off - wheel in action.

@Lukasz awesome work, please keep going! I hope you can offer your wheel(s) in kit form in the future, and perhaps allow the customer to use different motors and controllers. It may be easier/faster to get to market with a kit and could bypass or reduce regulatory issues and risk. It may also be more profitable and successful.

As for the suspension, it appears that the spring and mechanism are working well, but the wheel appears to be bouncy. Does it lack a shock/piston to force the wheel back to the ground near instantaneously? That will be harder to integrate but will be worth the effort.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, litewave said:

the wheel appears to be bouncy. Does it lack a shock/piston to force the wheel back to the ground near instantaneously?

On this video wheel is set to be bouncy to show how soft suspension can be.  It is possible to adjust it to Your preference / make it  much harder by increasing the shock pressure, increase damping, rebound etc. This wheel can be fitted with various types of dampers depending on the user preference and budget. 

Edited by Lukasz
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dosingpsychedelics said:

This old guy on YouTube cracks me up .He said I’m all geared up and I’m going for a high speed ride …Then says let me turn on my headlight for safety issues .Then rides at 40+ mph with no helmet on and barely any gear .I hope he stays safe but I won’t be surprised if I hear a rider was killed on an euc in Coral Springs Florida ..smh .riding over 40 mph with no armored riding jacket is just dumb the road rash is very severe when crashing at those speeds 

Me to (oops :P )   All geared up.... ahahahaaa :facepalm:   the way he talks tells that he has not the slightest clue of whats going to come down on his corpus when he crashes at 40 mph.    Apart from that, good entertainment!- if you turn off the sound

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Robse said:

Me to (oops :P )   All geared up.... ahahahaaa :facepalm:   the way he talks tells that he has not the slightest clue of whats going to come down on his corpus when he crashes at 40 mph.    Apart from that, good entertainment!- if you turn off the sound

I also have no clue what will happen when i fall riding ~25 mph speeds. Doh i know it will hurt as hell. I may break something, so on.. Doh i have the same gear that he has +helmet. :D 

As for when i'm only wearing wrist guards. I keep it closer 12 mph.. Personal speed limit, that i feel comfortable riding without gear. Only wrist guards. Also i don't need to hurry anywhere, enjoying slower ride.

10 minutes ago, Funky said:

I also have no clue what will happen when i fall riding ~25 mph speeds. Doh i know it will hurt as hell. I may break something, so on.. Doh i have the same gear that he has +helmet. :D 

As for when i'm only wearing wrist guards. I keep it closer 12 mph.. Personal speed limit, that i feel comfortable riding without gear. Only wrist guards. Also i don't need to hurry anywhere, enjoying slower ride.

Nothing on your shoulders ? ohhh. that's not good.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Robse said:

Nothing on your shoulders ? ohhh. that's not good.

Or elbows.. At one point i thought about getting elbow guards. I'm ok with knee/wrist guards and helmet. Simply drive more carefully/defensively. (Also you need to take into mind where/how someone rides.) Small city, no traffic whatsoever & Big busy city. I know at some point i will fall, but it mostly will be because wheel stops working or so.

I have already fallen some times, but mostly at learning stage at low speeds. Once at higher speed on very sandy road. (I even knew that day i will fall, just because of the sandy road. -And i was right.) Wheel went completely 90 degree and i flew/slide 2x my body height. At least wheel was quite a bit behind me. I wanted to be superman. :D 

I know sand is soft and on pavement/asphalt it would have hurt quit a bit more. Same time it's completely different riding, hard road vs sand. In sand it's the same as on ice can't do "sharp" turns, more or less just straight line.

Edited by Funky

It's interesting - I also rode for 6 years with no helmet (everything else tho), the last 4 of which were on a machine where I would now consider it vaguely necessary, though not so much at the relatively modest speeds I ride it. In that 6 years, despite around 10 falls, I never once hit my head. But I have now seen enough videos to recognise that this was down to pure luck. 

I have since bought a helmet for the Master (TSG PASS) which seems absolutely compulsory given the speed and 'Begode-ness' of that wheel (!) but of course, to prevent sod's law laughing in my face, now also wear it on the MS3 while I await the new one ! 

It's a shame the song doesn't fit - Heads, shoulders, knees and toes, knees and toes etc etc. Leaves out shins and elbows !

Edited by Cerbera
  • Like 1

Don't take this one too seriously.

Part of the sound track is the V12 hum that a FIMI camera recorded while riding.

• Like 2

On 10/3/2022 at 11:08 AM, Dosingpsychedelics said:

This old guy on YouTube cracks me up .He said I’m all geared up and I’m going for a high speed ride …Then says let me turn on my headlight for safety issues .Then rides at 40+ mph with no helmet on and barely any gear .I hope he stays safe but I won’t be surprised if I hear a rider was killed on an euc in Coral Springs Florida ..smh .riding over 40 mph with no armored riding jacket is just dumb the road rash is very severe when crashing at those speeds 

Though no one died riding UNIcycle but wearing safety gears is always necessary. Not necessarily every accident leads to death but broken legs and skipped shoulders also hurts life long.