B&Q add in UK

Gimlet

51 minutes ago, Gimlet said:

Nice to see eucs appearing in adverts now:

https://youtu.be/zJ13YsCtV7Y

That looks like Home Depot in the US, even the orange aprons are similar.

Flymo?  Haven't seen one of those since the late 1970's.  When working at the parks dept there was one in a shed, not working.  Don't remember if it was called Flymo, but was told it didn't need wheels because it glided on a cushion of air, sort of like a hovercraft.  Of course back then it was gas engine powered. 

image.thumb.png.8bc815f3ce338ec890b27f51d68eef50.png

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

Awesome commercial! Someone on the forum has to try this at a Home Depot in the US.

This is far more of a Wheel advert than for pushing paint, exceptionally awesome! Just the type of positive publicity it deserves in a land where Wheeling around is considered in the same spectrum of criminality as being a drunken lout. 

Riders aren't too bad either, not much wobbling going on, in the closing scene one of the guys is riding one-legged.  

I've ridden a Wheel through B&Q before, with this advert it's sort of an open license to use inside, maybe...   

54 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Awesome commercial! Someone on the forum has to try this at a Home Depot in the US.

27231367778_3556a447fa_b.jpg

Cool commercial.

I never get off the wheel coming into the Home Depot.  Most of the time I get away with it. A couple of times they finally caught up with me and asked me to stop. 

57 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

This is far more of a Wheel advert than for pushing paint, exceptionally awesome! Just the type of positive publicity it deserves in a land where Wheeling around is considered in the same spectrum of criminality as being a drunken lout. 

Riders aren't too bad too, not much wobbling going, in the closing scene one of the guys is riding one-legged.  

I've ridden a Wheel through B&Q before, with this advert it's sort of an open license to use inside, maybe...   

You should approach Home Depot about doing the same (with a small ewheel logo in the corner)...

Then they could pay for your advertising!

18 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Must be time for the long weekend. :sleep1: Anyone else read the thread title and think "What UK BBQ Add-in" is he talking about?  Rotisserie motor?  Cast iron grill top?  I tell ya, the English are massacring the English language.  :whistling:

http://grammarist.com/spelling/ad-add/

I understood it... But then I do speak the Queen's English... Oh, and I've shopped there.

Ah I just give.  Ima gonna join in and just skrew up my English from now on and creating my own style of Englishtalk.  Gonna call it 'Shtalk for short.  Or mebbe Hunklish?  Which better?  Mrs Thompson - just go a head and roll in yer grave.  Whom needs propper grammer and speling newayz?  Skrew tat!  Imma jus gonna let lose.  Whew feel's so much batter to like totally throwewd all those dumy english lesons to the wind!  Quiet liberrating! 

25 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Ah I just give.  Ima gonna join in and just skrew up my English from now on and creating my own style of Englishtalk.  Gonna call it 'Shtalk for short.  Or mebbe Hunklish?  Which better?  Mrs Thompson - just go a head and roll in yer grave.  Whom needs propper grammer and speling newayz?  Skrew tat!  Imma jus gonna let lose.  Whew feel's so much batter to like totally throwewd all those dumy english lesons to the wind!  Quiet liberrating! 

Reading that actually hurts my eyes!

6 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

Riders aren't too bad either, not much wobbling going on, in the closing scene one of the guys is riding one-legged.  

That was my thought - where on earth did they get hold of that many people who could ride them, I know from experience that mostly the people in their adverts are real staff. I’m also trying to work out who supplied the EUC’s because whoever it was, they have got a result, it looks like this advert will air on the main TV channels and, as Jason said, is a way better advert for EUC’s than it is for Flymo’s ?

I took a part time job with them when I retired and used to ride to work every time on my KS-14. Riding up (and down) the travelator two floors to where the store is was great fun.  I often got asked as I was leaving to demonstrate this strange thing I was pushing along by managers in the store.

Ironically I quit when they decided my locker was too big for a part-time worker (it was just big enough to get the KS-14C in) and I no longer had anywhere at work to store my wheel, I guess I needed more time to get the house ready to sell it by then and had all the DIY items I needed plus a good stock of Valspar paint thanks to their generous staff discount and some customer paint mistints that were sold very cheaply ?

• 2 months later...

Happy to be able to speak with authority here...

The final rider who places the board "on the screen" is my business partner - wee run a circus company (FlameOz.com if you're interested) - I was unable to attend the audition so I passed it to him. We've both been riding for a couple of years now!

The other riders were dancers/commercial dancers who had been given a couple of weeks to learn how to ride by the choreographer.

Can't say who supplied the wheels, but they didn't give them away at the end of the shoot... (damn ;P) 

7 hours ago, Knoxious said:

Happy to be able to speak with authority here...

The final rider who places the board "on the screen" is my business partner - wee run a circus company (FlameOz.com if you're interested) - I was unable to attend the audition so I passed it to him. We've both been riding for a couple of years now!

The other riders were dancers/commercial dancers who had been given a couple of weeks to learn how to ride by the choreographer.

Can't say who supplied the wheels, but they didn't give them away at the end of the shoot... (damn ;P) 

Interesting! Have any been tempted to get their own wheels since?

Archived